Shang respects Shen's fighting skills, so yeah he is pretty good. I don't know of any MOKF issues he is in, off hand. However, he has just recently appeared in Cable and Deadpool 7 and 8, where he takes down DP. He also appeared in a few issues of Heroes For Hire back in 97-98. The last couple issues if memory serves.
Yea Champion has trained in the martial arts for nearly the entire existance of the universe...I dont really count him because its not even fair....additionally, he doesnt frequently demonstrate those abilities, just goes smashing people like he's the Hulk.
On another note, Leonheartmm, did u say you practice martial arts? what do u train in?...there r a few guys in here who also practice martial arts. You should be very proud of your strength, you sound like your doing very well for your age...Im a 22 year old college athelete, believe me, you have a lot to look forward to after 16...but just based on physiology, u probably wouldnt want to compete physiacally against an adult man.
i havent read comics since 94 but after seeing the movie daredevil on movie i went up to find some old magazines i have, and i see that you guys are discussing a top 10 list. I dont remember that many superheroes allthough i read HULK, DareDevil, Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman GI.Joe and Superman from 86-94. I read most Spider-Man and GI.Joe though. Heres my favorites:
1. The Answer - A guy able to come up with a solution against any sort of attack on him. He wears a purple outfit. I remember he laughed while fighting Spider-Man and i was really impressed back then in 86 i guess. Then he gave his life power to Dagger or something, and then he didnt appear again. Do any of you know what happened to him and where he is now ? Did he ever re appear ?. I know Kingpin hired him.
2. TaskMaster - Loved his skill mimicing his opponent allthough i only read one or two magazines with him , when he faught Spider-Man and Ant-Man. I dont know what happened to him, but ive read somewhere he is teaching students at academies his fighting skills. He's taking jobs from people like KingPin and RedSkull. Correct ?
3. Bullseye - Got to love that guy. Insane guy with serious issues but also a genius and an incredible fighter. I still have the magazine where he killed Elektra and escaped from prison, only to be defeated by DareDevil and broke most bones in his body but promising revenge. Did he ever come back ?
4. Spider-Man - Not much to say, really. Fast, the warning, able to escape etc.
5. Hulk - Raw power.
6. DareDevil - Blind but with incredible fighting skills.
7. Solo - Dunno why but he's good with weapons. Feel free to flame me because i know he doesnt really belong on a list like this, probably like many others here.
8. Dr.Doom - Possess mind controlling powers(not sure), and also the brain behind much evilness. Probably not that great fighter though.
9. Captain America - He belongs in a list like this.
10. Venom - Crazy guy. I really liked him though. Especially when he was in Spider-Mans house cooking with his aunt May.
forgot about Mysterio, the one that makes illusion vs his opponent. A very good ability in my opinion.
Last edited by Guybrush on Jan 20th, 2005 at 01:26 AM
Taskmaster had his own mini-series a few years ago. It was pretty good, he recieved a new costume, updated his arsenal a bit. He later become a supporting character in the later issues of Deadpool, and later on Agent X.
This list is mostly meant to compare and contrast those with martial arts training. People like Iron Fist, Shang Chi, the Cat and others are the main people on it, while other cosmic forces may be included as it pertains to their abilities. While a good fighter, Spider-Man's fighting relies on his powers, without those, he's just another regular guy. Doom's never been seen to be much of a fighter. The Hulk mostly flails his fists about, but because of his immense strength, when he does connect it's serious.
If martial arts and fighting without the special powers then shang chi should be an obvious nr.1 then. Maybe elektra too ?
Im not sure if someone like The Answer belongs there but if he can come up with an answer to anything trying to attack him he should, though im not certain this ability is supernatural(it probably is, but how did he get it). TaskMaster can mimic his opponents, thus i think he belongs there, because as far as i know this isnt a supernatural power or anything.
Bullseye didnt have any super powers, but was a great martial arts fighter if i remember correctly.
Spider-Man doesnt belong there without his powers, same with hulk, but what about DareDevil ? As far as i know he just got better senses because he went blind which is indeed natural though perhaps not as much as in his situation.
Anyway thanks for answering some of my questions. I hope someone here can answer the others about The Answer and Bullseye.