KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » General Fiction Area » PLAGIARISM - Rex's Hit List

PLAGIARISM - Rex's Hit List
Started by: Captain REX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Rover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tela
Maybe it would be better for those who write fanfics here to give a disclaimer.

My god....that's the first post of Tela's I've seen in quite a while!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2005 08:04 PM
The Rover is currently offline Click here to Send The Rover a Private Message Find more posts by The Rover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Originally posted by Tela
Maybe it would be better for those who write fanfics here to give a disclaimer.

Nah, I don't think it's really that necessary on here as everyone knows that they don't own characters that already exist.

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jun 21st, 2005 05:54 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Disclaimers, in my opinion, are not needed for fan fics. It's common sense that says that I did not invent Count Dooku, or whatherface did not make Harry Potter...and so on.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2005 12:40 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
botankus
Bass-ackwards

Re: PLAGIARISM - Rex's Hit List

Originally posted by Captain REX
[center]Rex's Plagiarist Hit List:

Dublecee - Crime & Punishment by Fyodor Dosotevsky (1821-1881) - Moskow, Russia

What kind of reject would try to pass this novel off as his own and actually think he would get away with it?

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 02:45 PM
botankus is currently offline Click here to Send botankus a Private Message Find more posts by botankus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

That one. He's a 12-year-old from Canada.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2005 05:30 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RocasAtoll

That one. He's a 12-year-old from Canada.

Canada? Makes sense. j/k

Old Post Aug 24th, 2005 06:47 PM
RocasAtoll is currently offline Click here to Send RocasAtoll a Private Message Find more posts by RocasAtoll Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soren the Mage
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by ResubianNushi
Canada? Makes sense. j/k

mad

An Ancient Prophecy . . . The deity shall walk forth . . .

Old Post Sep 4th, 2005 08:50 AM
Soren the Mage is currently offline Click here to Send Soren the Mage a Private Message Find more posts by Soren the Mage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Hence the j/k. no expression

Old Post Sep 9th, 2005 10:53 PM
Mandrag Ganon
Seeker

Aah, so this is where you moderate Rex! evil face

Old Post Sep 10th, 2005 02:00 AM
Mandrag Ganon is currently offline Click here to Send Mandrag Ganon a Private Message Find more posts by Mandrag Ganon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Technically, I moderate everywhere, but this is where I have the power to silence fools. big grin

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 07:51 AM
Trickster
True KMC Jester

Rex, do you delete the threads people post when they've plagiarised?

Death only gives another set of choices.

He who dies with the most toys. Still dies.

Old Post Oct 26th, 2005 06:32 PM
Trickster is currently offline Click here to Send Trickster a Private Message Find more posts by Trickster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Should I?

Just added a person.

Old Post Nov 6th, 2005 05:15 AM
xEsaulx
Bringer of Life

yeah, you should.
it sickens me that people dare to plagerize. people work hard in what they do, and they got people who dare take their hard work.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2005 10:59 PM
xEsaulx is currently offline Click here to Send xEsaulx a Private Message Find more posts by xEsaulx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Hey Rex, since this is your department (I like what you've done with the place, got that whole aura of death and destruction happening evil face ).....dammit, now Ive forgotten what I was asking..

..Oh yeah, if you were to use parts from another source in a fanfic, does that count as plagiarism?

Example....say you were writing a crossover kind of story, where certain parts from a movie/story have to be pretty much copied straight over to give it that continuing feel, can you do that? Do you need a reference?

Old Post Dec 15th, 2005 11:58 AM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

If you credit the person somewhere, it's fine.

And yes, we have a bit of D&D here... big grin No, not Dungeons and Dragons...

In the case of fanfics of movies, though...I think it's pretty obvious that none of us invented Star Wars or Jedi, or the Matrix, or Middle-Earth, or whatever.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 07:10 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

If you credit the person somewhere, it's fine.

And yes, we have a bit of D&D here... big grin No, not Dungeons and Dragons...

In the case of fanfics of movies, though...I think it's pretty obvious that none of us invented Star Wars or Jedi, or the Matrix, or Middle-Earth, or whatever.

Actually, I invented all of those. shifty stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 04:27 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

eek!

Hey there J.R.R. Lucas Walchowski! big grin

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 07:48 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

eek!

eek!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2005 10:39 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaeh
Possibly here.

eek!

eek! laughing

HIS force be with you.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 06:54 AM
Jaeh is currently offline Click here to Send Jaeh a Private Message Find more posts by Jaeh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FE Expert
Fire Emblem expert

Originally posted by Lana
Hey, I wrote a 150 page Harry Potter fanfic when I was in 9th grade stick out tongue

Fanfics are in a very grey area when it comes to plagiarism. There are certain authors that, if they find fanfiction based on their works, request that it be removed. When I post fanfics (particularly when I post on fanfiction.net because they're sticklers for this) I generally include a disclaimer stating that the basic ideas and pre-existing characters I didn't invent and don't belong to me, but anything original that's in the story IS mine.

Same thing for me and The Sisterhood of Traveling Pants. I remade another story, in French, stating that the basic ideas aren't mine, but this is about four female Sith (hence the traduced title Four Sith and a pair of jeans, from Quatre Siths et un jean in french), three of them fighting on different planets (Kashyyyk, Dantooine and Nar Shaddaa) and the fourth stays on Alderaan. The entire story is set 2,000 years before the Battle of Yavin. Don't try to find it on the site, though.

Name a number between 1 and 10
Pandemonium

Old Post Feb 10th, 2006 04:27 PM
FE Expert is currently offline Click here to Send FE Expert a Private Message Find more posts by FE Expert Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote