KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » The Sopranos

The Sopranos
Started by: DeNiro

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

I have been watching the 1st 5 seasons in preparation of the 6th season starting in just a couple of days. I missed the entire 5th season, and that is what I just started watching last night!

I am a fan of Tony and can't wait to see what happens in the new season. I shall return as soon as I finish the 5th season so as to not read any spoilers and be here for the new season with everyone!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 03:18 PM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
k00L kiD
life is a dream

^Me too

IMO, Sopranos is the best show airing right now. I like how the characters develope over time, as the plot continues. Unlike most shows. I was kind of mad when:

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Anthony killed Raplh

Old Post Mar 7th, 2006 11:02 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Holy cow ! What an ending to the premire...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Did uncle Jun really just kill Tony???

Can't wait for next weeks episode to see what actually happens.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 03:02 AM
A.D. Skinner is currently offline Click here to Send A.D. Skinner a Private Message Find more posts by A.D. Skinner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlCzervik

I can't believe that that would be the case. To me I have to assume that everything will be fine with that.

sorry...not great with spoiler tags.

great episode though....I'm also just so happy that Buschemi is gone....he annoyed me on that show.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 05:46 PM
AlCzervik is currently offline Click here to Send AlCzervik a Private Message Find more posts by AlCzervik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AlCzervik
I can't believe that that would be the case. To me I have to assume that everything will be fine with that.

sorry...not great with spoiler tags.

great episode though....I'm also just so happy that Buschemi is gone....he annoyed me on that show.

The only reason he made it on the show in the first place was that he was directing some of the episodes and wanted a role...

I didn't really understand how he could be so into building the massage parlor, and then in one fail swoop he was a goodfella again...

Though it was good of Tony to put an end to him, rather than letting Phil torture him !

Old Post Mar 13th, 2006 07:43 PM
Buckaroo

Oh, man. That ending! I watched the S6 premiere on InDemand HBO. I made sure not to go to any Sopranos threads until after I watched the premiere. Well worth the wait. I can't believe we're on our last season.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 11:15 AM
Buckaroo is currently offline Click here to Send Buckaroo a Private Message Find more posts by Buckaroo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XxILuvVegetaxX

its the last? i thought they werent sure yet sad

Old Post Mar 14th, 2006 08:06 PM
XxILuvVegetaxX is currently offline Click here to Send XxILuvVegetaxX a Private Message Find more posts by XxILuvVegetaxX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Originally posted by XxILuvVegetaxX
its the last? i thought they werent sure yet sad

This is the last Season of the Sopranos. They have stated that they will be showing 12 episodes in 2006, and then the remainder will be in January of 2007, with a 2 hour movie Finale.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 04:30 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by A.D. Skinner
Holy cow ! What an ending to the premire...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Did uncle Jun really just kill Tony???

Can't wait for next weeks episode to see what actually happens.

I doubt that...

I think he's still alive

Old Post Mar 15th, 2006 10:42 PM
k00L kiD is currently offline Click here to Send k00L kiD a Private Message Find more posts by k00L kiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AlCzervik

He's gotta be alive....i can see him dying this season, but not in episode 1...that would be ridiculous.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 02:19 PM
AlCzervik is currently offline Click here to Send AlCzervik a Private Message Find more posts by AlCzervik Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Well, it has already been known that Tony will die this Season...well that or end up behind bars.

Though I would have to agree that it would be quite a poor season if the Hero of the series died in the 1st episode.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2006 08:17 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

What was wrong with Tony's uncle anyway? Is he bi-polar?

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 02:02 AM
Jimmy Buggs

whos going to step up while tony is recovering

Old Post Mar 18th, 2006 02:21 PM
Jimmy Buggs is currently offline Click here to Send Jimmy Buggs a Private Message Find more posts by Jimmy Buggs Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
What was wrong with Tony's uncle anyway? Is he bi-polar?
Most likely, Uncle Jun has Alzheimer's or dementia.

My big question is what will Phil do with the New York crew, since Johnny Sack is in the can? Phil and Tony don't see eye to eye, you know? And will Johnny spend ALL season in the can since his RICO trials are so huge?

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 19th, 2018 at 11:04 PM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 12:24 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

From the previews it sure looked as if Silvio was taking over the family while Tony is in a Coma, but it also would appear that Paulie isn't so happy about that either....

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 03:43 AM
Impediment
Endless

^^ Silvio is the ranking man in the family, not to mention the consiglieri and the most level headed, IMO. Paulie has always been an annoying whining jackass, if you ask me. Tonight's episode was the most emotional one yet, enough to make even ME get teary-eyed. Edie Falco is such an amazing actress, her breakdown at the hospital was more than convincing. Oh, and I sincerely hope that A.J. gets his ass stomped for being such a whiny spoiled little bitchh. I hope he doesn't mean what he said [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that he's gonna get revenge on Uncle Jun (by "putting a bullet in his 'mummy' skull") for shooting Tony.

“Dreams shape the world."

Last edited by Impediment on Mar 20th, 2006 at 04:00 AM

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 03:58 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

I think we all know what A.J. might be up to, I mean, he acts without thinking and I don't think he will stop now.

He is going to be looking for Uncle Junior, and if he can get to him, I am expecting quite a exchange between the two of them.

The dream sequence that Tony is living is quite a interesting one. He is without his identity ( hence the coma ), and who knows if he will ever locate Mr. Finnerly in time to save himself!

Though with Silvio now in charge, it would appear that the family is in good hands.....for the time being...just as New York doesn't start moving in on their business

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 02:26 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by Impediment
^^ Silvio is the ranking man in the family, not to mention the consiglieri and the most level headed, IMO. Paulie has always been an annoying whining jackass, if you ask me. Tonight's episode was the most emotional one yet, enough to make even ME get teary-eyed. Edie Falco is such an amazing actress, her breakdown at the hospital was more than convincing. Oh, and I sincerely hope that A.J. gets his ass stomped for being such a whiny spoiled little bitchh. I hope he doesn't mean what he said [SPOILER - highlight to read]: that he's gonna get revenge on Uncle Jun (by "putting a bullet in his 'mummy' skull") for shooting Tony.

I missed it sad

Old Post Mar 20th, 2006 11:42 PM
k00L kiD
life is a dream

Originally posted by Inspectah Deck
I missed it sad

Scratch that. Fortunately I was lucky enough to see two days ago. I had to admit, I liked this episode

At the beginning I was confused but as the story went on the more I wished Tony should get better. I was also shocked at A.J.'s reaction, I doubt that he'll do it though

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2006 10:02 PM
A.D. Skinner
Assistant Director

Don't put anything past A.J. He hasn't been always the best judge of what is right and wrong...and someone put his Dad's life in Jeapordy.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 09:50 PM