KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Christmas Movies

Christmas Movies
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

1. Die Hard
2. Lethal Weapon
3. A Christmas Story
4. Bad Santa
5. Natl. Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 09:59 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

I don't know if I'd consider Die Hard an actual Xmas movie. A spectacular action movie, yes, but Xmas? I dunno.......

I'd also like to agree with Preston and say "Bad Santa". F*cking great movie.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 10:02 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Impediment
I don't know if I'd consider Die Hard an actual Xmas movie. A spectacular action movie, yes, but Xmas? I dunno.......

I'd also like to agree with Preston and say "Bad Santa". F*cking great movie.

Yes, Bad Santa is a classic. And I knew there would be some disagreement with Die Hard and Lethal Weapon being considered as "Christmas movies", but it is very arguable, and in my book they are Christmas movies, on a different level of course, but I can see how one could disagree, and I respect that.

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 10:16 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by BackFire
Christmas Story for me. Grew up with it, and watch it every year.

Same... it's also on my 'Top 5' all time favorite movies. A true classic.

"Scut Farkus! What a rotten name! There he stood, between us and the alley. Scut Farkus staring out at us with his yellow eyes. He had yellow eyes! So, help me, God! Yellow eyes!"

"Grover Dill! Scut Farkus' little toadie. Mean! Rotten! His lips curled over his green teeth. "

"Randy lay there like a slug! It was his only defense!"

"Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian."

Bad Santa is another good one, though not sure it classifies as a true "Christmas Movie". Raindeer Games could be considered a Christmas Movie by the same standards, damn, that was a horrible flick, surprised Gary Senise signed into that.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Nov 28th, 2007 at 10:53 PM

Old Post Nov 28th, 2007 10:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=
Yes, Bad Santa is a classic. And I knew there would be some disagreement with Die Hard and Lethal Weapon being considered as "Christmas movies", but it is very arguable, and in my book they are Christmas movies, on a different level of course, but I can see how one could disagree, and I respect that.

I can dig that. I usually watch Aliens every christmas eve, and Die Hard does make you think of x-mas. nothing inspires christmas quite like seeing John Mclane kill a few dozen terrorist baddies

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 12:24 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

Originally posted by BackFire
Christmas Story for me. Grew up with it, and watch it every year.

I remember one year, when I was a little boy, on Christmas eve I was too excited to sleep, so I stayed up all night watching the TNT marathon of Christmas Story, watched it like 4 times. Love that movie.

Dude, i looks forward to that 24 hour marathon of a christmas story every year. it's a tradition i hope TnT continues forever

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 12:25 AM
jinXed by JaNx is currently offline Click here to Send jinXed by JaNx a Private Message Find more posts by jinXed by JaNx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Right on. I love it.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 12:38 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

"A Christmas Story", I must admit, is one of my least favorite Xmas movies ever.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 11:47 AM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Selphie
you teasing like you do

A Christmas Story is one of my favorites. My dad and I reference it all the time.

And its a true tradition, that my father and I watch the Nightmare Before Christmas, EVERY Christmas. Except for two years, where he was in Iraq, and when he moved away from me a week before Christmas.

riding high on love's true bluish light

Old Post Nov 29th, 2007 03:53 PM
Selphie is currently offline Click here to Send Selphie a Private Message Find more posts by Selphie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

I am such a sucker for all of these movies! It just doesn't feel like christmas without watching them! I love all of the classics, A Christmas Story, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, A Very Charlie Brown Christmas... but I also have to admit original TV holiday movies are one of my biggest guiltiest pleasures. ABC Family always has great ones... this year there is one called Holiday in Handcuffs with Mario Lopez (AC Slater) and Melissa Joan Heart... bring on the cheezy fun!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2007 07:03 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinXed by JaNx

"A Christmas Story", I must admit, is one of my least favorite Xmas movies ever.

nazi

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 12:41 AM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Bastard.

stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 06:56 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Rhythmic

In no order:

How The Grinch Stole Christmas(1966)
How The Grinch Stole Christmas(2003)
Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer
Tim Buton's The Nightmare Before Christmas
Elf

Old Post Dec 1st, 2007 11:12 PM
Mr. Rhythmic is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Rhythmic a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Rhythmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xNIXSONx
PSN: IAMTHECAVALRY

fave: Jingle All The Way, hilarious.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 12:43 AM
xNIXSONx is currently offline Click here to Send xNIXSONx a Private Message Find more posts by xNIXSONx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

OH!!!

How could I forget the Dr. Seuss classic, How the Grinch Stole Christmas??

F*cking timeless!

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2007 01:29 AM
ariwin

OH man I watched A Year Without a Santa Claus two nights ago AMAZING.. completely forgot about that one! The heat miser cracks me up! Tonight Rudolph's Shiny New Year is on abc fam, which is another classic i haven't seen since I was really little!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 05:52 PM
ariwin is currently offline Click here to Send ariwin a Private Message Find more posts by ariwin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

YOU ****!

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:18 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ariwin

yea how can you not like christmas movie? its one of my favorites too!

Old Post Dec 5th, 2007 06:42 PM