KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » John Connor - General Discussion

John Connor - General Discussion
Started by: Tevesh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dulobast25

this isn't an english course

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 09:14 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

already answered it.. and skule.. i agree the future scene with john connor ruined it for me too, althught he looks nothing like kyle reese john kid or jihn adukt from the first films or doesn't even have sarahs eyes. But anyway msotow made many chioces that ended up bieing wrong. Any nick stahl to me i just not that great of an actor in this case. I think casting (other thann arine, tx and dr silberman sucked) as did the script. Action was excellent.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2003 07:59 PM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

this is a message post for opinions... in the fall of society, i think a militia was created.. instituions of the army no longer existed.. he stepped up and others followed, thus, a leader

Old Post Jul 17th, 2003 11:21 AM
CoCooN

But he's so scary when he think about judgment day....and when T-101 appear in front of his eyes...

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:35 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CoCooN

He should be like Reese....

Old Post Jul 18th, 2003 10:36 AM
CoCooN is currently offline Click here to Send CoCooN a Private Message Find more posts by CoCooN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JTp8ntballer12
Paintball Paintball

john has to send 2 termnators back before hand though, so someone/thing must get that head (as we saw at the end of T3) and reprogram it and send it to kill John.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2003 08:04 PM
JTp8ntballer12 is currently offline Click here to Send JTp8ntballer12 a Private Message Find more posts by JTp8ntballer12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LiQuiD

the terminator wasnt sent with the memories of the one from t2... it was chosen because of John's memories of this terminator. They would make him an easier target.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 08:08 PM
LiQuiD is currently offline Click here to Send LiQuiD a Private Message Find more posts by LiQuiD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

t3 arnie could not have learned the visor thing because that occured in the history of this timeline not another, john has not grown old yet nor is aware of the events of t2 all he knows in the future that skynet made atttempts and they failed. I still don't know how skynet could get memeories from a melted terminator

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2003 10:17 PM
skule
blissfully ignorant

dudes the visor thing was obviously mostow just blindly putting that in as a refrence or connection to T2 but not realising how to explain it properly. I saw an interview of Mostow talking about T3, his own words were "i was sitting in the theathre watchint T1 and T2 never thinking i would someday direct T3 as a fan telling the story my way or words to that effect"

He also said how he wondered ppl would critic the movie etc but said in the end he has to do his way as a fan who can tell the story etc etc.

A true fan would have researched all the nitty gritty details, not once did John ever mention any refrence to the T1000 even when arnie is explaing the TX is liquid over a skeletal sctructure etc, the only connection John says to t2 is dont u remeber ..hastalavista etc do i have to teach u everything again.

I wonder where skynet would get the design for the terminators though, could it be the half damaged head from T3?
How does skynet begning production, it maybe software but its not easy geting an assembly line with out human counterparts, at that itme period there isnt a fully automated factory anywhere bringing in materials etc i would think. Unless the explain how the military had one already.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2003 01:46 PM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

I think that skynet takes over computer opertated automated factorys and builds some of the parts and gets some humans to surrender for the purpose of 1

help them assemeble the infiltrators and hks for those items than cannot be produced

and 2 those same folk who were kept alive to help load bodies.. smewhere the machince convince humans to help them..likely in exchange for sparing thier life..(until a later terminaton date) i think t4 is so close to the beginning of the war and so close to t3 that there will be no more time travel..we may see kyle and 101 leaving, but we stay in the (present) future, which is where we alsways were..it's not liklely to send someone back in time for like 6 months.... I guess we will see. I think skynet will end up taking over companies than have parts and ability to produce militayr machinery, ammunition, lasers, alloys and robotics.. skynet then has contol over facilites which later become guarded by like the t-one million and the like....to protect the assembly lines of the csm 101's and t600s'

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 05:45 AM
dulobast25

I agree. mostow should have been familiar with the detail like fans like we are and left the detailed part in and changed what was necessary or changed the window dressing only..he got rid of things that should have remained.. the music and action sequence in the film

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 05:46 AM
alic88
Barzakh

well MOSTOW did a very risky job by directing t3

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 06:12 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JRatT12

I agree he defiantly took a risk trying to fill shows like James Cameron’s if this movie was a flop his career would be over.

But damn the worst thing about the movie was we didn’t have the music that music maybe T2 sooo much cooler And scarier

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 05:43 PM
JRatT12 is currently offline Click here to Send JRatT12 a Private Message Find more posts by JRatT12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

absolutely i agree. but still mostow did a good enough job

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 06:29 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ToMacco
Mr. Orange

Jrat, I totally agree. The worst part of T3 was the lack of the Terminator themes.

4 8 15 16 23 42

Old Post Jul 27th, 2003 08:42 PM
ToMacco is currently offline Click here to Send ToMacco a Private Message Find more posts by ToMacco Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dulobast25

theme and soundrack and placment of action was lacking..already listened to soundtrack..have 1 and 2 but won't buy 3 (soory ,i'm comparing again) it just lacked the intensity of t1..which is whay they just update t1 music and finessedit a little for t2 and brought back the (you are in deep crap) predatorial music from t1 when a terminaotr was aorund..in t2 they took it form t1 and again fineesed it and added a new type for the t-1000, vey good decidions..the were not her in t3 you see cameron realizes that both action and music are story telling devices and propely placed allows unesseary line to be trimmed out and keeps the plot focused.....my ears were looking for than music the whole movie and it never matched what my eyes saw....except for the beginning of the movie....(like a music video where the video is like unrelated at all to the song) these are the things that t3 lacked and shiuld have had

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 01:09 AM
dulobast25

t1 and t2 rule i hpe t4 will be even better than t1 and t2

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 02:20 AM
alic88
Barzakh

STOP COMPARING T3 WITH T2 AND T1

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 02:27 AM
alic88
Barzakh

IF ARNOLD ISN'T IN IT that will really effect the worldwide sales of t4. most of people in asia like action heroes and arnie is one of their favourite along with stallone E.T.C

Old Post Jul 28th, 2003 02:45 AM
dulobast25

Sorry, this is a forum and I will continue to voice opinion

Old Post Jul 29th, 2003 07:31 AM