KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Batman » They dont want us Brits to be in the movie

They dont want us Brits to be in the movie
Started by: ash007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
kal-el
kryptonian slag

LOL. Yeah, I understand what you meant now batguy, sorry to get all senthitive! I'm very patriotic like you guys but not at all nationalistic!I'm proud of my country/kingdom(was born here but am only half English in blood but 100% British in nationality. That's Daredevil wannabe to you!Wait a minute, I can hear screams about 2 miles away, sounds like an armed robbery, be back in a few minutes!...................I'm back, phew!Now......what was I saying? Oh yeah. Batman! I too am looking forward to this film and also question Oldman as Gordon. I just think of Bram Stoker's camp as hell but still damn scary Dracula when I look at him, or I think of that spitting soldier actor from friends, when he taught Joey to inunsiate(please spell check) by spitting at every opportunity. I would have preffered maybe John ( 'smile you son of a b*tch')Scheider who would have been perfect as Ben Urich in DD by the way.

In any case, it really doesn't matter who the actors are as long as they're good and I believe Chris Bale is perfect.He actually looks like Bruce Wayne(handsome and Chisled with a Heros jaw but with a dark look to him with that widows peak) and has already acted quite like him in a character sense in American psycho. A rich man with everything but who hates the pretense of his meaningless life, with a dark secret and the real him awakens at night.Just like bats.He's himself as batman not Wayne. Also not sure about Neeson as Ducard.Isn't Ducard a kick-arse martial artist?(testify please batman).

I can't wait for this movie to come out.The cast is all star and lets hope they fit their characters and take the parts seriously than most do when taking on superhero/villain parts.

God save the Queen and God bless America!

Last edited by kal-el on Mar 11th, 2004 at 07:31 PM

Old Post Mar 11th, 2004 07:26 PM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Batman
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're all about the Daredevil, but you also said that Nightwing was your inspiration for being a cop by day, vigilante by night. Come on, you limey devil. Don't tell me you don't know who this really is. wink

I liked Gary Oldman in several of his incarnations of Dracula; pretty much all of them except the beautiful and romantic version. The rest were great, and I love crazy, ancient Dracula the best, with Bat-Man Dracula as a close second. Damn, he does a lot of makeup in that movie.

I agree that Roy Scheider would have been a great Ben Urich. I love Joe "Joey Pants" Pantoliano, but I feel he was miscast in the Daredevil movie.

I've only seen Ducard once, and he seemed like a rugged but shady survivalist type. I'm sure he can fight like nobody's business, but I can't quite see Neeson as a guy who can fight better than the Batman himself. I know he was something really unsavory, like an assassin or a mercenary or something. Apparently, he's working with the Demon's Head and his assassins in this movie.

Personally, I thought Neeson should have been the Scarecrow, and he was considered at one time. After seeing "The Haunting," I saw that he could play a semi-creepy scientist with questionable ethics and the hots for learning about fear in live humans subjects. The guy in "The Haunting" was a teddy bear, so he'd have to bump it up about 50 notches and become totally twisted to become Dr. Jonathan Crane, and I know he could do it.

I am vengeance. I am the night. I am Batman!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 04:14 AM
The Batman is currently offline Click here to Send The Batman a Private Message Find more posts by The Batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

Shit!You're not batman!You're..........I know who you are! You crazy Batty, Yank Berserker psycho-analyst you! Very good clue dropping dude. Very, very good! Very Batman!I was wondering where you've been!

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 07:54 PM
kal-el is currently offline Click here to Send kal-el a Private Message Find more posts by kal-el Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Batman
Restricted

Account Restricted

[edit post]

I'm still the best there is at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice.

Last edited by BadKitty on Mar 13th, 2004 at 11:11 AM

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 10:43 PM
The Batman is currently offline Click here to Send The Batman a Private Message Find more posts by The Batman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

What shall we call it?-Return of the Dark Yank? smile

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:58 PM
The Batman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Perfect. Either that or the Defective Detective. cool

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 04:36 AM
kal-el
kryptonian slag

LOL

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 10:31 AM
BadKitty
cockeyed

quote:
Originally posted by The Batman
[edit post]

I'm still the best there is at what I do, and what I do isn't very nice.
edited your post...no bashing nameless or not.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 11:12 AM
BadKitty is currently offline Click here to Send BadKitty a Private Message Find more posts by BadKitty Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
amlap
this guy

im kind of glad that bale got this part. he is one of the most under appreciated actors.

NUFF SAID!

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 06:32 PM
amlap is currently offline Click here to Send amlap a Private Message Find more posts by amlap Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darksweeney
Professional Gentleman

The point everyone seems to be missing isn't american actors vs british actors - in this instance, the actor is portying an American, so it dosen't matter if he's British, Canadian or Martian, so long as you can't tell. Christian Bale is a master of accents apparently; according to IMDB.com, he has given a distictively different accent in all of his performances (just like the Australian actor Guy Pierce from L.A. Confidentiall).
If you want to really complain about something, complain about the proposed Constantine movie, with Keanu Reeves as John Constatine portayed as an AMERICAN instead of an ENGLISHMAN.
There should be no nationalistic scorn in the choice of actors, just anti revisionism in representation of characters. I doubt anyone anyone in this post dosen't want to see a Batman rewrite with the character in a red & white costume with a 'B' on his chest & 'bat powers' (as opposed to a traditional vision of who the character is we've grown to know & love).
Why don't we step it up a notch an address a real topic for debate - changing Ras 'al Ghul from a Middle Eastern villain to an Asisn one. This is PC tampering out of control....

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 07:28 PM
darksweeney is currently offline Click here to Send darksweeney a Private Message Find more posts by darksweeney Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kal-el
kryptonian slag

Very much so. You're right there.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 10:10 PM
ash007
Strength and Honour

Bravo darksweeney

well done i actually agree

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 05:25 PM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote