KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » whats better???

what would you prefer to do???
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
serve in heaven 13 40.63%
Rule in Hell 7 21.88%
None of them exist 12 37.50%
Total: 32 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

whats better???
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bardock42

Hmm Yes the Jewish God is kind of even meaner then the christian now isn't he. When exactly did he change his mind from awn eye for an eye to the other cheek?
Oh and can you tell me where I can read about this concept of Luucifer and his fall?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:14 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Just search for the war in heaven and its aftermath.

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:15 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

you mean in the Interne? Won'T I get like thousand of different Ideas about that, is there no part in the Bible that explains iot?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:20 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Most likely, but if you think im going to research a bible for you, your mistaked wink

I meant search in general, libraries etc etc

RE teacher?
local cleric?

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:22 PM
The Inkeeper is currently offline Click here to Send The Inkeeper a Private Message Find more posts by The Inkeeper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

ok thanks

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:30 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by The Inkeeper
Lucifer wanted to rule. Lucifer and his followers got kicked to shit by the divine forces.

In the book of enoch, it gives the actual number of gods forces (led by michael) in the battle against satan. They number in the tens of millions (at the very least), and yet satan is still more than a match for them and kicks their @$$.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:40 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

Just because he had the temporary upperhand doesnt mean hes the best. Mr T kicked the hell out of Rocky for a short while, and look what happened to him wink

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:47 PM
Bardock42

But satan kicked the shit out of tens of millions so he is better which is stupid anyway if god was omnipotent he just cease Satan out of existance.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:48 PM
Bardock42

Maybe he is not Bad but Dumb

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:49 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
But satan kicked the shit out of tens of millions so he is better which is stupid anyway if god was omnipotent he just cease Satan out of existance.

And yet if Satan is so much better, he should triumph over God in the end. I do not see why God would "cease Satan out of existance". Satan made the choice to rebel and now he suffers the consequences.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:53 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

well maybe he could have just punished him without sending millions of angels to fight him, I mean he is almighty so why all thos stuff around there?
And I didn't say that Satan was more powerful but Better, I mean like in I don't know that much about Satan and I know God is an ass.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 05:55 PM
The Inkeeper

Satan was one of the higher form of angel anyway, he was most probably fighting lower class angels.

Michael kicked the absolute hell out of him. Then kicked him into absolute hell.

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:00 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
well maybe he could have just punished him without sending millions of angels to fight him, I mean he is almighty so why all thos stuff around there?
And I didn't say that Satan was more powerful but Better, I mean like in I don't know that much about Satan and I know God is an ass.

Your final sentence dismisses any of your views on Christianity, but I will respond anyway.

Do you think that perhaps the angels WANTED to fight for God? They shouted for joy at the work of creation, and their love is undying. (It is now, anyway.) Would you not rise up to defend your father should he get into a fight? Other than that, I do not know why God had angels fight with him against Satan--but does it really matter?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:04 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo is currently offline Click here to Send Zeal Ex Nihilo a Private Message Find more posts by Zeal Ex Nihilo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Inkeeper

One of satans names is the accuser.
God didnt snuff him out because he has nothing to hide and no accusation that satan put against him would stand. So he let Satan go through with his verbal rebellion.
When it got to the stage where a third of the angels sided with him then things got a lil confused. Other forces of angels fought against the 'dragon' and his host and beat them.
God let it carry on because its the perfect example to anybody out there who wants to sin or live outside gods plans.

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:06 PM
Bardock42

That might be a good reason, maybe.
BUt whatever he could have just made that up and told it to humans it didn't need to really happen. No one would know the difference

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:09 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
BUt whatever he could have just made that up and told it to humans it didn't need to really happen. No one would know the difference

Why?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:10 PM
The Inkeeper

And people would believe and side with Satan.

THat already happened, and look what happened to those that believed him.

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:11 PM
Zeal Ex Nihilo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

They got PWNED!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:13 PM
Bardock42

quote:
Originally posted by The Inkeeper
And people would believe and side with Satan.

I can't see them I just know a book talking about someone thatdisobeyed him.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:16 PM
The Inkeeper

Believe what you want. But i think the idea of mankind suddenly believing lies about god is far-fetched.

The only way a, or the, demon could get this message through is by possession, any man who says such a thing about god would be in trouble almost straight away, people would disregard it as nonsense

Im Back happy

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 06:23 PM