KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » House of Flying Daggers

House of Flying Daggers
Started by: Cinemaddiction

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

House of Flying Daggers

View the trailer HERE..

"House of Flying Daggers" hits U.S. theatres on 12/3, and from the looks of it, will be a big hit, on the heels of "Hero".

Check out the trailer, and let us know what you think. I'm pumped! wink

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 12:07 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Major Knight
Nothin Better then Knight

Wow here we go again another dumb movie with a world without any physics. i just wanna go puke. I didn't mind crouching tiger hidden tiger. But really do i need to see the same damn movie 3 times over. I just wish they would make a movie like this with physics in voled, sure they wouldn't;t be able to fly, but how cares. And whats with these gay costumes there wearing or at least those hats geez. well any way another disappointment coming 12/3

dont mind my poor grammer skills. I still can make a point.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 11:15 PM
Major Knight is currently offline Click here to Send Major Knight a Private Message Find more posts by Major Knight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

quote:
Originally posted by Major Knight
Wow here we go again another dumb movie with a world without any physics. i just wanna go puke. I didn't mind crouching tiger hidden tiger. But really do i need to see the same damn movie 3 times over. I just wish they would make a movie like this with physics in voled, sure they wouldn't;t be able to fly, but how cares. And whats with these gay costumes there wearing or at least those hats geez. well any way another disappointment coming 12/3

You're hopelessly clueless, aren't you? There's a HUGE dinstinction between this movie and other wu xia. It's mainly the storyline. It's a genre of movies! What do you expect!

If you're so prejudiced and close-minded to thematic montony in cinema, you literally have to hate every single movie ever made. Genres are called that for a reason, because they host a lot of different movies with a similar ideal.

What the **** does GRAVITY or "physics" have to do with the quality of a movie? Wu xia without wires is called KUNG FU and there are PLENTY of movies like this, and IMO, they are bland!

Fantasy is the appeal of these films, and on the success of "Hero", "Daggers" benefitting from the same director will probably enjoy similar success.

It just baffles me how ignorant you can be, guy. Seriously.

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 11:22 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

i'm literally chomping at the bit to see this movie.

major knight, if you havent got anything nice to say, then shut the f*ck up.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Nov 20th, 2004 11:29 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Had it on dvd for a while, love the film! Near the start in a Brothal is wonderful to watch.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 04:47 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:

wow, a statement that ignorant and dumb should never be said again. Expand your brain capacity a little bit, for the sake of humanity.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 09:31 PM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

quote:

yeah, whatever

I don't own it YET, but hopefully for Xmas big grin

anyways, I have seen it, and I really liked it....Zhang Yimou did another fantastic job, as he did with Hero and Dragon Town Story...(has anyone seen "Happy Times" which he also directed? It's supposed to be really funny, but I haven't been able to get ahold of it)...anyways, if you enjoyed Hero then you will enjoy HOFD

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 12:11 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jeffer_wrote
my preciousssssssss

seen it months ago. beautifully made....Zhang Yimou, what more can one expect? rich use of colors, as in HERO, and the scenery was simply breathtaking...not a lot of wirework or gravity-defiance as Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, but the stunt work is still exemplary. HOFD is mainly a love story...

but i do think HERO is better....

oh and Major KNight? those "gay costumes" and those "hats?" They're a part of Chinese culture....quite like those blond wigs or whatchamacallit of the British and early Americans....:-)

Last edited by jeffer_wrote on Nov 25th, 2004 at 02:09 AM

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 02:07 AM
jeffer_wrote is currently offline Click here to Send jeffer_wrote a Private Message Find more posts by jeffer_wrote Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cyclone

i saw it. excellent movie....

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 07:54 PM
cyclone is currently offline Click here to Send cyclone a Private Message Find more posts by cyclone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stokely

I liked this film but wouldn't see it again. They concentrate so much on the beautiful sets and colours that it can takeaway from the fighting.

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 09:12 AM
Stokely is currently offline Click here to Send Stokely a Private Message Find more posts by Stokely Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ChickinMeat

I had the chance to see this film, but my girlfriend managed to persuade me to see "meet the fockers" instead. not saying its a bad movie, but i really wanted to see this.

http://www.myspace.com/chickinmeat

Old Post Feb 28th, 2005 09:34 AM
ChickinMeat is currently offline Click here to Send ChickinMeat a Private Message Find more posts by ChickinMeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

My idiot friend walked out of House of Flying Daggers at the cinema, tut tut.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2005 10:05 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

i fell asleep during this movie...
is it just me all Does Ziang Zi Yi always gets her clothes torn off in all the chinese movies? it happened in Crouching tiger hidden dragon and the Hero and now this movie.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 12:53 AM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

I decided not to see this movie... cause ... well..just because no expression

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 08:09 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr. Strangelove
The King Stay The King

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BakaXero
i fell asleep during this movie...
is it just me all Does Ziang Zi Yi always gets her clothes torn off in all the chinese movies? it happened in Crouching tiger hidden dragon and the Hero and now this movie.

And that's a bad thing? wink

Really enjoyed it. Action scenes were top notch, the story supervised me with its twists and turns and the acting was excellent. The action scenes had a artsy feel to it as while the scenes were gruesome, they had a beautifulness to go with it.

“As flies to wanton boys are we to the gods, they kill us for their sport.”

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 10:17 PM
Dr. Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Dr. Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Dr. Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

i didnt say it was a bad thing...
i just asked if anyone else has noticed it

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 11:27 PM
BakaXero is currently offline Click here to Send BakaXero a Private Message Find more posts by BakaXero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

It only screening at one theatre near me for approx. 1 week, and I missed it. I'll more than likely blind buy the DVD, though.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 11:29 PM
BakaXero
Free SUGAR!

i found it quit boring...
it is artistic but not the type of hk movie i enjoy...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2005 11:31 PM
Ou Be Low hoo
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BakaXero
i found it quit boring...
it is artistic but not the type of hk movie i enjoy...

'Shi Mien My Foo' is not a Hong Kong movie! It's a mainland Chinese movie!

I liked it, but for sheer spectacle 'Hero' trumps it. Either way, Zhang Ziyi is sweet like chocolate.

Ou, Ou, Ou is all you Need...

Old Post Mar 17th, 2005 04:57 AM
Ou Be Low hoo is currently offline Click here to Send Ou Be Low hoo a Private Message Find more posts by Ou Be Low hoo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Takiko_4ever

it was boring...but i find the actions part amusing!

Attachment: displayimage.php.jpg
This has been downloaded 123 time(s).

Old Post Dec 6th, 2005 06:55 AM
Takiko_4ever is currently offline Find more posts by Takiko_4ever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote