KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Communications » News & Questions » Computer Help Forum » help

help
Started by: eleveninches

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
eleveninches
God of my own world

Worried help

My computer is on the lowest colour setting possible (dont know why), which makes it impossible to play most media applications.
Also, my mouse has just broke.
And, my direct-x will not install, and some of my graphic card drivers are missing.
I was going to re-install windows and my graphic card, but my mouse is broke.
Is there anything else i could do?? confused

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 04:23 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

read point one of this thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f79/t315107.html

----

you can reset your color settings manualy. Go to your control panel and chose "display" there you can go to settings and change your bits and colors.
Check if everything is US A-OKAY there.

If it is ok, the color could eather be due to a broken monitor or cause your grahic card isn't working.

And about your drivers missing: just download them and see if that fixes it

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 07:14 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Try re-installing your graphics driver.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2004 08:22 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
read point one of this thread:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f79/t315107.html

----

you can reset your color settings manualy. Go to your control panel and chose "display" there you can go to settings and change your bits and colors.
Check if everything is US A-OKAY there.

If it is ok, the color could eather be due to a broken monitor or cause your grahic card isn't working.

And about your drivers missing: just download them and see if that fixes it

But when i try to change the colour setting, the only option available is the lowest colour setting. it seems as though the others have just dissappeared.
And i tried to update my graphic card drivers online a few months ago, but it wouldnt work.
Im just gonna completely reinstalll windows and reinstall my graphic card, as i still have all of the original CD's.
As soon as i find a mouse that works

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 10:57 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I checked by direct-x settings and found some files that were not approved by windows. would deleting these system files do any damage?

Aw, screw it. im just gonna re-install the whole thing

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 10:59 AM
yerssot

if there isn't an other option, you have a problem with your graphical card...
if it failed a few months ago, why the heck would it fail now?

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 04:13 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raz
Meister

Admin

Your problem is with your graphics drivers.

If they didn't work, then you're not using the right version for your graphics card. Try using the ones that came on the CD.

Old Post Nov 24th, 2004 06:35 PM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I've reinstalled the graphic drivers from the cd, and the colour is now back to normal (had to use a different mouse).
However, direct-x still refuses to install, as it says that there are files that are not digitally signed by windows (even says that when I turn off the option of refusing to install non-digitally signed files). I dont have an internet connection at home, so i cant update windows manually (and have not done so for months), and when I try to use the service pack 2 to update it, it says that it cant locate a file, and the installation is unsuccessful.

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 11:36 AM
Raz
Meister

Admin

What file can't it locate? Do you have enough free space?

Old Post Nov 25th, 2004 06:40 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

i have plenty of free space, but the CD must be faulty. When i get re-connected to the internet at home, I should be able to download the windows upgrades which should have the digital signatures for direct-x, allowing me to install it and run my games

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 11:22 AM
yerssot

well, if you think your cd is faulty, return it to the shop and demand a new one

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 01:17 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

i got it free with a magazine

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 01:43 PM
yerssot

blaim the magazine

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 01:49 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

im going to try to find another cd for windows update service pack 2.

Old Post Nov 26th, 2004 02:19 PM
eleveninches
God of my own world

I re-installed windows last night, and now the service pack 2 has been installed. However, it was a recovery disc I used (i don't have the original), so although i expected my hard drive to be wiped (i spent hours backing it up on cd-R), most of it is still there.
UT04 still wont play (although a different error message box comes up - suggessting i re-installl it again).
Dawn of war still wont play, as, although DirectX9 is correctly installed, Dawn of war apparrently cant find the "spooge" drivers.
However, Sims 2 plays fine.
Also, I finally got my home PC modem working for the first time ( I realized last night that I hadnt even installed the phone tools drivers and modem software. D'oh.)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:21 AM
Fire

I'd do another reinstall Eleven this one a decent one

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:26 AM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

the programs all work fine now, and the spyware has been deleted.
I would do a full reinstall, but i dont have the original windows disc, as the PC only came with a recovery disc with windows already installed.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 01:45 PM