KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode III: PG or PG-13? [Merged]

What will Episode III be rated?
This poll is closed.
PG 22 16.06%
PG-13 115 83.94%
Total: 137 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Episode III: PG or PG-13? [Merged]
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lyn
Jedi_Chick

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
yes, don't get your pants off on the topless scene ... well, you can if you're a hayden-fan of course

eek! Happy Dance eek!

quote:
Originally posted by hana_skywalker
Fortunately for us girls!

WOOHOO!!!! Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Btw, PG-13... wink stick out tongue

Thanks Ben-Kenobi for the Sig!

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 05:00 AM
Click here to Send Lyn a Private Message Find more posts by Lyn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Member.

pg-13.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 05:05 AM
Click here to Send Member. a Private Message Find more posts by Member. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ASSMAN
THE ASSMASTER

I want a PG-13 rating but I think Lucas will edit it for a PG rating just for the kiddies..
***ASSMAN***

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:01 AM
Click here to Send ASSMAN a Private Message Find more posts by ASSMAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by The One Part 2
The film will definitely be rated PG. All of the other Star Wars movies were PG. Besides, Lucas wants the biggest audience he can get.

says it all
there is no point in argueing.
if GL has to cut the film up to bring it to PG,
he will, unfortunately. however, the MPAA have been
surprisingly lenient with GL, so the darkness may survive
the cutting room.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:06 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ASSMAN
THE ASSMASTER

What rating do you want PVS?
***ASSMAN***

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:07 AM
Click here to Send ASSMAN a Private Message Find more posts by ASSMAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

its not what i want.
the rating is irrelivant.
it WILL be PG, trust me on this.
GL will NOT loose a chunk of his audience to a rating.
lets just hope the MPAA is willing to turn a blind eye...

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:13 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ASSMAN
THE ASSMASTER

Why would he lose his audience? The Lord of the Rings III was PG-13 and look at it now its the 2nd highest grossing film of all time...

***ASSMAN***

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:20 AM
NoFate007

I can take PG...I'd prefer PG-13...but I'd LOVE for it to be R...too bad that won't happen sad

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:20 AM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

little kids love star wars
little kids=more$$$
hey, i dont like it either, but a fact is a fact

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:21 AM
Spearhead
Prophet

oooh, I would love just to see a pg-13 star wars movie...heh...

Though I'm thinking, this will be PG as well erm

I'm a signature!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:25 AM
Click here to Send Spearhead a Private Message Find more posts by Spearhead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ASSMAN
THE ASSMASTER

Yeah PG-13 would equal more violence. I to think it will be PG because Lucas is all about the money

***ASSMAN***

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:33 AM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

now we are using logic
save the wishing for the well

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 03:34 AM
darktim1

I think it is going to be pg-13 because the movie is going to be so intense and darker during the lightsaber scenes plus when anakin gets burned by the lava for now may force be with you.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:11 AM
Click here to Send darktim1 a Private Message Find more posts by darktim1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I think Lucas may just let PG-13 happen this time, because he's gotta know that he can't make the lava scenes look too fake or else everyone will hate the movie and it'll ruin the transformation of Vader, thereby ruining the whole saga. This is the last time around, and he's all about his "true vision"...I'm sure when he pictured Anakin's skin melting off he didn't picture the camera facing the floor lol.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 04:18 AM
Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ASSMAN
THE ASSMASTER

Maybe Lucas could make a PG-13 DVD edition like with the R rated Alien VS. Predator DVD...

***ASSMAN***

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 02:35 PM
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

bump (sinking stupid threads)

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 11:26 PM
Gannon
Mild Mannered

i think it will be PG-13 since anikin gets burned and so many people die. rock

deviantArt | Duel Record 12:7 | My Sigs

Old Post Aug 29th, 2004 11:36 PM
Click here to Send Gannon a Private Message Find more posts by Gannon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wolfdraven

PG,PG-13 it doesn't matter what the rating is as long as it's a Star Wars film people are going to flock to the cinemas to see the film.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 05:24 PM
Click here to Send wolfdraven a Private Message Find more posts by wolfdraven Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sithsaber408
Intelligently Designed

I'm hoping for the pg-13, but PVS is right on the money.

Lucas is something of a flannel wearing toy maker, even more than a filmaker.

I know he'll edit it skillfully, though. He'd chop the movie up if he has to, but he wont.

LOTR is pg-13, and has "epic battle violence./scary images"
StarWars has"sci-fi/fantasy violence"

Dont jump on me about maul's red spurt, because for the most part, there is no blood. Lightsabers and laser guns arent graphic enough for the pg-13. It's a flash of color, then the actor falls down.

Now, think about ep4,a whole sh*t load of people are shot point blank in the chest.
In ep1, quigon was run through the torso with a saber, maul was cut in half, in ep2, zam wessel and ani lost arms, and Jango lost his fargin' head.(with a good edit too, I watched it in slowmo and before the helmet hits the ground, already empty, there are a few frames of the shadow of the helmet in the air, and you see the shadow of the head leave the helmet. Good job gl)the difference is that all the stuff of ep4,1, and 2 will be combined into 3, but I think he'll get away with it.

My only question is about crispy(confirmed)anakin...

How the hell will he pull that off? confused

www.impactchurch.info

Old Post Aug 30th, 2004 07:28 PM
Click here to Send sithsaber408 a Private Message Find more posts by sithsaber408 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
El Toro
Tszyu Crew

what's the rating system there is the US?

In Oz its G, PG, M15+, MA15+, R, X.

im thinkin pg-13 is equivilent to a M15+ here. even if ROTS is PG-13/M15+ kids would still be able to watch it. i doubt the ticketlady/man would stop a kid from watching Star Wars that would be just cruel. like some1 mentioned earlier LOTR was Pg-13/M15+ and a whole sh!itload of kids watch them.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 01:07 AM
Click here to Send El Toro a Private Message Find more posts by El Toro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote