KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Episode I, II & III » Episode III: PG or PG-13? [Merged]

What will Episode III be rated?
This poll is closed.
PG 22 16.06%
PG-13 115 83.94%
Total: 137 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Episode III: PG or PG-13? [Merged]
Started by: JKozzy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
PVS
Restricted

Account Restricted

well, pg-13 is just that, 13years old or older unless accompanied by an adult. thing is, a rating of pg13 will cut some of GL's target audience away, because many parents are too protective of their kids, and wont run the risk of them seeing pg13 if they are not 13.

less kids in the theater, less cash for gl

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 01:37 AM
Click here to Send PVS a Private Message Find more posts by PVS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

The lava scene will be the one that means the difference between a pg and a pg-13 rating I think. All depends on how graphic GL wants to make it.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 06:40 AM
Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Not the scene, but the way Anakin looks.

Doesn't sound very SW, PG-13... IMHO OC

Old Post Aug 31st, 2004 07:34 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kyle katarn 467
The powerful jedi knight

its gunna be PG-13,its gunna be very violent for one thing,and this might be a lie but people have been tellling me that anakin and padme are gunna have a small sex scene.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 05:52 AM
Click here to Send kyle katarn 467 a Private Message Find more posts by kyle katarn 467 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Sex scene.... oh nooo....

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 07:47 AM
Click here to Send queeq a Private Message Find more posts by queeq Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ken Benobi
Jedi & Java Master

In Star Wars Insider, Rick McCallum confirmed that a principal character would have a topless scene

Compassion, which I would define as unconditional love, is central to a Jedi's life.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 07:54 AM
Click here to Send Ken Benobi a Private Message Find more posts by Ken Benobi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Anakin?

Padme would be nice though... wink

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 07:55 AM
Cipher
Non-Entity

I'll be amazed if this gets a PG-13. In the end, Lucas will edit things to the point where he'll get the same rating as all the others. I just don't see him going that far. Keep in mind that he had a character get beheaded in Ep. 2 and it was still PG. Not to mention all the other violent things in the old movies........

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 10:43 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Yup.

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 10:55 AM
Master Kadub

personally i would love to see EpIII as R' to get a true dark feeling, but i would also like my daughter to see it.....i would be pressed to allow her to see PG-13 but it would fly with me.....

Old Post Sep 1st, 2004 10:58 PM
Click here to Send Master Kadub a Private Message Find more posts by Master Kadub Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mortanius
Just begin again

I hope that it's PG13, but it'll probably be PG. Which really sucks, because that means there wont be enough dismemberments and decaps. Also, some of the really violent scenes will be heard and not seen like the Tusken raider scene in 2.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 05:15 AM
Click here to Send Mortanius a Private Message Find more posts by Mortanius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Exactly, there's no doubt in my mind this will be PG. All the others were....

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 05:22 AM
Click here to Send Cipher a Private Message Find more posts by Cipher Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
queeq
Chaos

Like any of the violent stuff really looks that violent. Just check out the battle in AOTC: many many decapitations, people shot dead, falling off balconies.... Does it LOOK bloody or violent: no, not really. It's just a lot.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 10:27 AM
Cipher
Non-Entity

The more this is dicussed, the more I remember Lucas saying something about this film being done in the style (or language, as he put it) of the 30s and 40s.
Melodramatic but not graphic.....

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 10:39 AM
Darth Surgent
KMC's #1 Fake Mod

GL has an "in" with the MPAA, and always will. The MPAA will definitely give him a PG rating........ as long as there isn't any full frontal nudity.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 10:41 AM
Click here to Send Darth Surgent a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Surgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cipher
Non-Entity

Lucas can make decapitations and limb removal not seem that graphic, its
remarkable...

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 10:56 AM
queeq
Chaos

Quite the talent.

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 10:59 AM
Cipher
Non-Entity

I forgot strangulation....

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 11:03 AM
queeq
Chaos

Oh yes... Lucas: "Look mama, no hands!"

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 11:05 AM
guiro72

i say R....the kiddies had their fun with phantom menace and left everyone else out in the cold....now it's our turn.....

joking....but there's some truth in that maybe....lucas said that this one will be the darkest, and probably will make much less money than the others, but that it was the story that needed to be told, the one for the fans.....

now i now lucas speak....the first bit is false modesty, and the second is a lame attempt to get the fans whipped up.....but maybe, just maybe, he's made his money on the first two, and he's really prepared to go out on a limb with this one, after all the fans are the ones who are going to be buying all his merchandising in 5 years time....and he's aware that he's dissapointed a lot of the hardcore....it might be worth more to him in the long run financially to focus on winning the old fans back and forget the kids this time.....

or maybe even despite that he's got enough cash now to go hog wild and do whatever the hell he wants....remember the artsy obscure films he was planning on making after star wars....maybe there's still a side of him that's not as obsessed with money as people think....

ok, getting long here....the dooku scene is shown in sillhouette, grievous is a droid so he doesn't count (old standby), and like other people have said, there's at least four on screen decapitations in ep II, and a few other bits of dismemberment.....

last piece of pertinent information: in the special editions he had all the shots of lasers hitting people carefully edited out so that it cuts right before impact....it's only a split second each time, but it's true....not s****ing ya.....

Old Post Sep 2nd, 2004 01:04 PM
Click here to Send guiro72 a Private Message Find more posts by guiro72 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote