KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » toxin vs. wolverine

toxin vs. wolverine
Started by: Stevie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beyonder

Arachnoidfreak, who're the two hotties in your sigs?

And toxin takes this.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 09:33 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

toxin definitely doesnt have anything on wolvie that other opponents have had on wolvie

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 09:44 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

quote:
Originally posted by radioboy121
I only read the first issue of Tooth and Claw and unless they had other encounters, it was Dirtnap that was scared of Wolverine when he was in temporal posession of Venom.

this wasnt the comic i was referring to, i have to scrounge up the one im talking about

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 09:46 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

quote:
Originally posted by Beyonder
Arachnoidfreak, who're the two hotties in your sigs?

And toxin takes this.

The first was Elizabeth Hurley(my avy now), and now I have Kate Beckinsale(my sig). A couple of England's hottest!

Yep, Toxin takes it.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:25 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

lol, no refereence, he just wins because of fanboyism

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:31 PM
Maestro

umm that's a bit rich coming from you, you've been bias towards wolverine for this entire post.

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:36 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

actually my first post had me talking about liking toxins character, and then not too long ago i said we dont actually know enough about toxin to say he's stronger than venom or carnage from the 2 or 3 issues he's appeared in, i may sound like im bias towards wolverine but its just because i dont type everything i think about in my posts

Old Post Nov 29th, 2004 11:57 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I can't believe you called me a fanboy.

If we follow the pattern, each symbiote becomes more powerful that it's parent. Therefore Toxin is stronger than Carnage, and it's also been stated by Venom and/or Carnage in the comic itself. Besides, when was the last time a regular knife or bullet penetrated a symbiote? Never. Guess what Wolverine will be using? Big ****ing knives attached to his hands. For Wolverine to win, he'd need a sonic enhancement to his claws, or a damn flamethrower.

Secondly, the Wolverine fanboyism displayed -anywhere- not just this forum, makes me want to puke. They take a perfectly decent not-so-out-there character and make him i0nto a god-like idol. Ugh.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 12:53 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

sure, they're knives, but made out of an indestructible metal and sharp as sh*t, anyway what about that female symbiote, is she an offspring from any other symbiote?

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 12:57 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Shriek? Or the other one? The 5 offspring that came from Venom in the Lethal Protector series don't usually count as official offspring, seeing as they were made artificially from Venom's symbiote (I think. I don't remember). Anyway, each symbiote is allowed ONE offspring, Venom's is Carnage.

And Wolverine's claws aren't indestructable, Hulk has bent and broken adamantium before. (That's why his fights with Wolverine are bullshit)

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 01:02 AM
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Shriek? Or the other one? The 5 offspring that came from Venom in the Lethal Protector series don't usually count as official offspring, seeing as they were made artificially from Venom's symbiote (I think. I don't remember). Anyway, each symbiote is allowed ONE offspring, Venom's is Carnage.

And Wolverine's claws aren't indestructable, Hulk has bent and broken adamantium before. (That's why his fights with Wolverine are bullshit)

those were extracted directly from Venom's suit. I think the original wrighter wanted them to each be as powerful as carnage, but due to shitty wrighting afterwards, they were merely used as basic thugs through major plots.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 05:21 AM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak

just because he has bent adamantium (although i never heard of him doing this) doesnt mean he could bend wolvies claws, i mean they arent very long so they're hard to grab, and they're razor sharp so if hulk did grab them wolvie would just pull and slice, they've been fighting eachother forever, i've never seen anyone call it crappy writing before

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 12:25 PM
jinzin

There could be a number of theories that could explain that, like WHAT IF: wolverine had more than one mutant power, what if he was able to physically reinforce the amount of damage his adamantium could take by delivering energy towards the adamantium (or skeleton) inside his body simply based on willpower. it would help explain why a bone clawed wovlerine can get hit by the Hulk without just being vaporized off the face of the earth much less an adamantium filled wolvie. just a theory, but it's not entirely implausible. sorry to be off subjuect

on subject.
I love Wolverine, but a pissed of toxin backed down carnage and venom, I would have to assume that carnage has a lot of experience in fighting too, (albiet not nearly as much as wolverine) but he got crushed by toxin, nearly killed. I don't think wolverine can stand up to that.....if Toxin is as inexperienced as one would say, he might make the mistake of allowing wolverine to get up close and personal, if that happens all it takes is one good slash to the host body and that fights done for...but right now I still say the advantages go to toxin.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 05:46 PM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

what issue did toxin do that? i remember in #4 he gave carnage a good clock on the back but it didnt really hurt carnage in a real bad way, carnage and venom (the oh so fearless characters they are) just ran away for no reason, not even a cool exit speech, i thought that was pretty wierd

in #3 he gave carnage a great beating but i dont think he could've killed carnage, other characters have given him worse than that

as for him making the mistake to get close enough to wolvie, from what we've seen of the character he primarily fights hand to hand well in range of wolvies attacks

Last edited by Havoc470 on Nov 30th, 2004 at 09:36 PM

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 09:28 PM
jinzin

that's what ithought too, but I still say he can't be taken lightly. and in venom/carnage 3 man, venom observed that he could have been killed, carnage agreed, and the only thing that stopped toxin was himself....I do agree about the exit in 4 though, what the hell was that? the've been in tighter spots (almost lethal) and pulled through just fine, I think that was a craptacular ending to what started out as a promising series.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 02:59 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

quote:
Originally posted by Havoc470
what issue did toxin do that? i remember in #4 he gave carnage a good clock on the back but it didnt really hurt carnage in a real bad way, carnage and venom (the oh so fearless characters they are) just ran away for no reason, not even a cool exit speech, i thought that was pretty wierd

in #3 he gave carnage a great beating but i dont think he could've killed carnage, other characters have given him worse than that

as for him making the mistake to get close enough to wolvie, from what we've seen of the character he primarily fights hand to hand well in range of wolvies attacks

Venom tells carnage in issue 2 (or was it 3?) that toxin could have killed him, and carnage agrees... or maybe it was carange telling venom that toxin almost killed carnage and venom agreed.... either way, both admitted that toxin coulda killed carnage.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 05:27 AM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

in #3 carnage gets thrown out of a building by toxin, the next panel cletus is standing there with the symbiote regrouping and says "thats it, now you've gone and made me mad!", then later on carnage attacks toxin and tries to iron his face (lol) toxin beats him pretty bad and leaves the scene, then later venom says "until i saw it. he could've killed you" where carnage replies "dont remind me" and then they start talking about toxin having conscience and morality so they team-up to attack toxin

imo i dont think that was enough to kill carnage, i've seen him go through worse beatings than that

quote:
Originally posted by jinzin
that's what ithought too, but I still say he can't be taken lightly. and in venom/carnage 3 man, venom observed that he could have been killed, carnage agreed, and the only thing that stopped toxin was himself....I do agree about the exit in 4 though, what the hell was that? the've been in tighter spots (almost lethal) and pulled through just fine, I think that was a craptacular ending to what started out as a promising series.

yeah the ending sucked too imo

im not saying wolvie is simply going to walk up to toxin and slash him like a maniac, it would definitely be one long hardcore fight with both character eventually going enraged, but imo wolverines superior fighting skills (not to mention his healing factor) would give him the win, especially if wolverine finally goes berserk

anyway, wasnt carnage weakened in an earlier comic after his fight with silver surfer, or sometime when venom re-absorbed the carnage symbiote and cletus found another one (said to be weaker in some bio's and the same strength in others) in the negative zone

Last edited by Havoc470 on Dec 1st, 2004 at 12:58 PM

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 12:43 PM
jinzin

i don't honestly know if carnage has actually been made weaker. i know that writers have weakened him down a few and a half notches since his first appearance, as they are the most dangerous enemy a comic book character ever has, but I don't really know.
I'm not saying that what toxin did ws enough to kill carnage, I just believe that he was definitely in a possision to kill carnage, and I don't think carnage would easily admit to something like that unless it was indisputible.
(lol) the only way i see Wolverne winning is him and toxin are near a gas station, wolverine slashes the pump and throws his cigar in the gas ....toxin "AHHHHHHH I'm on fire!"

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 09:55 PM
Havoc470
Smo

how would toxin kill wolvie?

neck snapping has been proven wrong, he's survived space, strangulation, slashed throat, unconscienceness due to his nervous system, smashed inbetween two speeding cars (no adamantium)

i think this should be continued after we know alot more about toxin's character

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 11:14 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Since when does someone have to die for the fight to be a victory?

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 12:12 AM