KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Animations / CGI » Disney Classic Sequels Suck

Disney Classic Sequels Suck
Started by: chez

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

es0p cinderella 2....

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 01:45 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

quote:
Originally posted by Evil Dead
Disney is not special.............most sequels suck in general.

how can you say that when Bad Boys 2 was better than the original, Two towers was better than the other 2 LOTR films, Terminator 2 was better than the other 2...I could name loads.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 05:34 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elastigirl
Super Heroine

Some of the sequels I think are close to or better than the orignal...

Terminator 2
Toy Story 2
Spiderman 2
Aliens
LOTR: TTT
LOTR: ROTK
Indiana Jones & The Last Crusade
SW: The Empire Strikes Back

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 07:53 PM
Elastigirl is currently offline Click here to Send Elastigirl a Private Message Find more posts by Elastigirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Pure filth, all of them. The only Disney sequel that I liked EVER was Toy Story 2, and that has been stipulated that it's not a classic.

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 07:57 PM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

quote:
Originally posted by Aku
how can you say that when Bad Boys 2 was better than the original, Two towers was better than the other 2 LOTR films, Terminator 2 was better than the other 2...I could name loads.

He said most. There are always exceptions.

Old Post Dec 4th, 2004 02:17 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

quote:
Originally posted by Wolfie
He said most. There are always exceptions.

Good point.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 10:21 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
pinkcabbage

well yeah toy story 2 is the best disney sequel shrek 2 was good though even though thats dreamworks but still. disney have the power t release just about anythin though but then if its rollin in the millions then so be it good on them smile
but they do take it a lil to far sometimes

smile

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 05:14 PM
pinkcabbage is currently offline Click here to Send pinkcabbage a Private Message Find more posts by pinkcabbage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RavenNightstar
We all go a little mad...

quote:
Originally posted by Asami
How about the 12 Dancing Princesses, Rumplestitskin... Can't think of others...

Wow, the 12 Dancing Princesses! I used to love that story as a little girl. Completely forgot about it! Yeah, I'd like to see that!

May the Wind always be at your back, and the Sun upon your face...
And may the Winds of Destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars

Old Post Jan 31st, 2005 06:53 PM
RavenNightstar is currently offline Click here to Send RavenNightstar a Private Message Find more posts by RavenNightstar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Most disney movies suck

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Feb 2nd, 2005 06:47 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ananbelle
winter auction fun

They should just sell everything they have to Pixar.
And then shut down.

The only semi-decent 100% Disney sequel I've ever seen was Lion King 2. That was a little bit alright. Well, Toy Story 2 was a masterpiece, but again, PIXAR is taking over the animating industry.

thin and thick, sickness and poor...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 12:38 AM
Ananbelle is currently offline Find more posts by Ananbelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

We'll see about Toy Story 3. They say the story IS good. Some young writer had won the competition for the story as long as I remember. But I am afraid Pixar is not who will be making it. confused

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 12:43 AM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ananbelle
winter auction fun

NO WAY!!!! That's...that's...that's so stupid, why wouldn't Pixar make it?!?!?!? they should stop at 2. Why can't people be happy with just one movie?!?!?!?! They have to go and make a million of them because one happened to be a hit!!
sorry, I'm mad stick out tongue haha

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 01:31 AM
Ananbelle is currently offline Find more posts by Ananbelle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

Without Pixar, would it still be computer animated or just be a cartoon?

Why can't they just stick with one movie? Because it's Disney. Soon enough we'll be seeing Finding Nemo 2, Monsters Inc. 2, etc.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 06:00 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ananbelle
winter auction fun

They don't have good leadership. Walt Disney is dead!!!
(Not that that makes the slightest bit of difference.)
It's such pish..I saw a woman at the checkout the other day holding Mulan 2!! Why can't people just stick with one movie and call it quits.
I think Disney's animation is getting worse. Their digital resources are terrible, their stories suck eggs, and even the colour and graphics are bad.
Am I alone on this or does everyone seem to think that Disney's going down within the next 10-20 years? If they don't pick things up, that is.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 12:50 AM
pinkcabbage

yeh disney needs some fresh new ideas coz they cant keep continuing with wrecking films with sequels
and i really really hope they dont do finding nemo 2 coz i thort that was just classic

smile

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 02:43 PM
pinkcabbage is currently offline Click here to Send pinkcabbage a Private Message Find more posts by pinkcabbage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fanatos
Artificial Intelligence

Was BROTHER BEAR a sequel? Cuz I think it was awesome.

I see your face with every punch I take,
And every bone I break - it's all for you!

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 09:59 PM
fanatos is currently offline Click here to Send fanatos a Private Message Find more posts by fanatos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SaTsuJiN
Wielder of Thunder Seal

I didnt like any of the disney sequels.. they're just a one night stand for a little kid

My MySpace SaTsu's Sketchbook My Deviant Art

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 10:04 PM
SaTsuJiN is currently offline Click here to Send SaTsuJiN a Private Message Find more posts by SaTsuJiN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beastro
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Animated Disney sequels

quote:
Originally posted by chez
Disney Classic Sequels Suck

What else is new? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 10:09 PM
Beastro is currently offline Click here to Send Beastro a Private Message Find more posts by Beastro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

quote: (post)
Originally posted by chez
Am I the only one who thinks that Disney's animation department is getting a little desperate?

I mean, we've had Lion King 2, Pocahontas 2, Jungle Book 2, Peter Pan 2, Aladdin 2 and 3, Cinderella 2, Little Mermaid 2, with Mulan 2 soon to come and spin-offs of Lilo & Stitch and Beauty & the Beast. blink Almost all of these are just dodgy cash-in inferior sequels - why do they do it?

[This doesn't include Disney-Pixar, by the way. They're fantastic, and Toy Story 2 was great.]

But why are we getting all this garbage from Disney, now? What happened to masterpieces like Beauty & the Beast, The Lion King and Aladdin? Have Disney animators just run out of ideas or something? no
i agree. sad it is sad that they've run out of ideas.

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 11:35 AM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AdventChild
The Oringinal AdventChild

i heard their cartoon department was closed down and that all they are doing now is computer animation now..

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 07:17 AM
AdventChild is currently offline Click here to Send AdventChild a Private Message Find more posts by AdventChild Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote