KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Matrix Movies » The Ultimate Matrix Collection Review

The Ultimate Matrix Collection Review
Started by: DirectorFitz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DirectorFitz

major players including Link, Merovingian, Morpheus, Neo and Trinity. Similarly, Ships is a series of production drawings of the various craft used in the trilogy. They include many ships I didn’t even know had names. Matrix fans who can identity the following should really get out more: Ganesha, Mjolnir, Novalis, Shiva and Vishnu. Machines are production sketches of industrial-looking equipment like the Digger, the Docbot, the Garbage Truck, and the Sentinels. Most interesting are the Set sketches, which also include some photos. Many of the sketches rise to the level of art. Some are a bit small, and I wish there was a way to zoom in on them.

The Media of the Matrix is broken up into three sections, one for each film. There are trailers and TV spots for all the films, with music videos available for the first two. Many of the trailers are full-screen, which is a bummer, but at least they’re spotlessly clean.

So much of the Matrix films were done on computer. But we only see the final product, not the hundreds of computer simulations and preliminary CGI sequences that came before. Rave Reel remedies that oversight, with a 9-minute montage of early stage computer work. It’s pretty nifty, but it’s set to that horrible music from the rave scene.

Exclusive DVD-ROM Features: What happens when you pop the disc into your PC?

The DVDs containing the Matrix trilogy remind you to insert its 5-inch plasticity into your computer, at which point you’ll be magically transported to a website with additional photos, archives, comics and other Matrix completist crap.

Since you can’t see any DVD-ROM material without an InterActual player, you must download that first. The InterActual skin has been tailored for The Matrix and it looks cool.

The DVD material is broken up into four sections:

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:13 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

The Matrix Online Game takes you to a Warner Bros. website where you can pre-order the new Matrix game which comes out in January 2005.

Matrix Online takes you to whatisthematrix.warnerbros.com. There you’ll find piles of Matrix stuff, including Volume 2 of the Matrix comic.

Enter the Matrix Game just took me to the Warner Bros. main website, so I’m not sure what that does, but according to the studio, this content should be up by the time this collection is released on December 7th.

But the big deal DVD-ROM extra is the Bonus Commentary by Keanu Reeves, Carrie-Anne Moss and various other members of the cast and crew. Too bad this is only available to those with DVD-ROMs.

Parting thoughts

It’s fair to say that every frame of footage that has ever been shot regarding The Matrix is included on these ten DVDs. It’s also fair to say that if Warner Home Video finds another way to release Matrix related product on DVD, the videophile community will storm the studio with pitchforks and torches. The set itself is exhaustive and exhausting with so much behind-the-scenes info that watching the whole thing should count towards film school credit. However, there is a lot of great stuff here and only occasionally does any of it cross the line into bloatware. So, if you’re a big fan of the trilogy, an online retailer will sell you a copy for the surprisingly reasonable price of around $60. For them, it’s well worth it. Those who prefer their DVDs contain no more than 100 featurettes, stick with the individual discs. Highly recommended to fans.

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:14 AM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

Whew!!! I really needed to split that up, didn't I?

This set sounds very awesome!!!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 02:15 AM
cal31
Let's Win Twins

yup, one of the best DVD sets I've ever seen. Can't wait to pick it up!!!

Old Post Nov 30th, 2004 04:50 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

As soon as they're uploaded, I'll put up pictures of the differences of transfers of the first Matrix...the old DVD, and the new one
And trust me, it is very nice now, and looks like it was made at the same time as the sequels.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 12:13 AM
DirectorFitz

Here they are...

Image: Agent Smith after taking a kick to the head, sporting broken sunglasses.

The Old Transfer:
(please log in to view the image)

The New Transfer:

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 12:32 AM
Morpheus
The Gospel R3L0AD3D

raver Will the dvd-rom come with the collection? raver

She doesn't quite chop your head off. She makes a Pez dispenser out of you.

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 10:41 PM
Morpheus is currently offline Click here to Send Morpheus a Private Message Find more posts by Morpheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

this is on top of my wishlist

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 10:45 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

quote:
Originally posted by DirectorFitz
Here they are...

Image: Agent Smith after taking a kick to the head, sporting broken sunglasses.

The Old Transfer:

The New Transfer:

the green hue is gone blink or is it just me?

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 10:46 PM
super pr*xy is currently offline Click here to Send super pr*xy a Private Message Find more posts by super pr*xy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

seems to be greener to me, not less green...

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 1st, 2004 11:21 PM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cal31
Let's Win Twins

quote:
Originally posted by JediHDM
seems to be greener to me, not less green...

Yeah, the new transfer matches Reloaded and Revolutions now. The original Matrix DVD had a blue-gray tint to it.

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 12:55 AM
cal31 is currently offline Click here to Send cal31 a Private Message Find more posts by cal31 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

i wish that there was a way that theyd put reloaded and revolutions on the same disc, that would make the movie better

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 01:23 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
super pr*xy

it's just me...

Old Post Dec 2nd, 2004 01:26 AM
DirectorFitz

I'm so excited for this set!! It will be my favorite Christmas present!!

Old Post Dec 3rd, 2004 01:27 AM
theshakl

wait i need an explanation of the actual case holder for the dvds... how does it hold the disk..i saw the side of thedvds and it looks like its is dvd into four dvd cases..one is THE MATRIX, THE MATRIX RELOADED, THE MATRIX REVOLUTIONS, THE ANIMATRIX, and a last one that i can't read cause the picture is blury. i am guessing that the Revisited disks will be with their corresponding movies....so that takes care of 6 disks...the animatrix..takes care of 7...then we have 3 left..which i am guessing they will put on the last one dvd case..... so am i right???

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 01:50 AM
theshakl is currently offline Click here to Send theshakl a Private Message Find more posts by theshakl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JediHDM
Jedi of the Matrix

i would think they would put the movies together, matrix and animatrix, reloaded and revisited, then have the revisited disks together with the other three disks. and they will probably put 2 to a case, cause it's easier and cheaper.

FOR THE MOTHERLAND!!
KMC KGB

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 05:18 AM
JediHDM is currently offline Click here to Send JediHDM a Private Message Find more posts by JediHDM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Korri

quote:
Originally posted by rajah kalantiaw
the green hue is gone blink or is it just me?

no me too messed

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 03:02 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vader519
Dark Lord of the Sith

Man, I pciked it up yester day and it is awesome. The extras are great for all three films, and they ahve all the trailers and tv spots for all three movies. If you are a matrix fan, I recommend you buy iy, and sell the other matrix dvd's cause it is badass.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 03:38 PM
vader519 is currently offline Click here to Send vader519 a Private Message Find more posts by vader519 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DirectorFitz

This is the way it is packaged...

It is five DVD Holers into a shell.

1st holder: The Matrix, The Matrix Revisited
2nd holder: The Matrix Reloaded, The Matrix Reloaded Revisited
3rd holder: The Matrix Revolutions, The Matrix Revolutions Revisited
4th holder: The Animatrix
5th holder: The Matrix Experience(Roots of the Matrix, The Burly Man Chonicles, The Zion Archive)

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:35 PM
Korri

smile

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:44 PM
Korri is currently offline Find more posts by Korri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote