KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Swords-Men/Women

Swords-Men/Women
Started by: Discos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dazzler619

Zorro

Old Post Jan 22nd, 2005 09:35 PM
Dazzler619 is currently offline Click here to Send Dazzler619 a Private Message Find more posts by Dazzler619 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SnakeEyes
Connoisseur

Achilles
Maximus
The Bride
Blade

Those are my top ones

"Nothing is ever as good as you can imagine it."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 05:53 AM
SnakeEyes is currently offline Click here to Send SnakeEyes a Private Message Find more posts by SnakeEyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Discos
The Discmeister

Achilles from the movie TROY was giving his own fighting technique which made it much more interesting. The flying jump and stab routine worked a charm yes

You cant forget captain smally from The Muppets Treasure Island though shifty his little dibackle with Long John Silver proves he has the greatness to be in the top ranks.

Discos - even a few leaping summersaults didnt go a miss with this captain wink

"In the year of our Lord 1314, patriots of Scotland, starving and outnumbered, charged the fields at Bannockburn. They fought like warrior poets. They fought like Scotsmen. And won their freedom."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2005 04:32 PM
Discos is currently offline Click here to Send Discos a Private Message Find more posts by Discos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Re: Swords-Men/Women

quote:
Originally posted by Discos
Right, I was in the rental store and overheard a conversation going on between two ladies about Kill Bill and "the brides" sword techniques. I was amazed to here the depth of the discussion but then they went overboard by saying she could have "taken" the likes of Aragorn and Maximus in a sword fight. Ok she has the skills but she has a light samuri sword.

Who would you think would be the greatest person ever to of bore a sword in a movie? I would have to say Achilles from "Troy".

The greatest sword I have seen in a movie would have to be Excalabar (sp?) from "King Arthur"
The kind of sword someone has doesn't matter a whip. It's the skill with which you wield it

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:10 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I think The Bride could take Aragorn and Maximus pretty easily.

I mean, A & M are good and all, but The Bride would cut both of them down before they even took a swing.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 12:31 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rohanspear543
Member Extra Strength

And I especialy like how brad pitt did all that sword fighting in troy by himself

"only the dead have seen the end of war."-Plato
“A severed foot is the ultimate stocking stuffer."Mitch Hedberg R.I.P.

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 03:09 AM
rohanspear543 is currently offline Click here to Send rohanspear543 a Private Message Find more posts by rohanspear543 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Guys forget that Conor macloud dude, he cant fight with a sword, watch the fight scene with him and Jecob Kell in the cemetary in Highlander endgame, soooo lame I would have beaten him when I was 5, laughing out loud noob swordsman, anyway Discus if they had to fight with the stuff they used in the movies, Achilles would not have won, remeber now, he has weapons of bronze, and if he where to fight lets say Aragorn, Achilles's sword would have broken, the winner would simpli be Obi Wan from star wars he would have been able to cut all their swords of, but if you are asking who has the best skills, its very hard to say because they use all diffrent styles of sword fighting, Aragorn is my secound fav swordfighter, he is like one with the sword, I love he way of fighting, the chicks in kill bill only look so damn good because their opponts mostly are just sooo damn noobi with the sword, still Obi Van is my fav sword fighter, just look at his way of fightin in epi 1, after Quigon died, maul dude had dublesword but still obi held him off, I love the way he also swung his sword to defend his back against the dublesword

Old Post Jan 24th, 2005 04:05 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stefaan
The only non-geek in here

No, i like Zhang Ziyi in Crouching Tiger or Tony Leung and Jet Li in Hero.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 10:18 PM
stefaan is currently offline Click here to Send stefaan a Private Message Find more posts by stefaan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

A samurai guy, eh?

Old Post Mar 21st, 2005 02:58 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote