KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Hunting the Gurtha Maten --The Hunt--

Hunting the Gurtha Maten --The Hunt--
Started by: AcrypT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

OOC: Nah, thats cool...if you need to do something to advance the story feel free...its not as if making my character sit down is going to effect him drastically...

Vistalzidar smiled as he took his seat. Istalindir was obviously trying very hard to appear mature beyond his years and in all truth, Vistalzidar had to admit the lad was doing a reasonable job for someone who was obviously forced into such a situation by events out of his control.
Vistalzidar sat back comfortable in his chair and looked across the table into the young Elf's eyes. He had been taught that making and maintaining eye contact help one remain in control of nearly all situations, and it wouldn't hurt to try and make the young Elf nervous, to...test his metal, as it were.
"I'll cut to the chase and tell you just how uncomfortable I am with dealing with your kind. Cousins our races may be, but there is a hatred that goes way back between our kinds. Mostly, no doubt, due to misconceptions on both sides."
He leant forwards in his chair. "No doubt you have been told we do horrible things, manipulate the shadows and in turn use them to manipulate people and generally do 'evil' deeds."
Istalindir nodded slightly.
Vistalzidar nodded thoughtfully. "I thought as much. Therefore before we do business I feel it my duty to defend my race. We are not all assassins and we certainly dont all converse with the shadows...in fact, young Elf, the majority of our kind have an affinity for the trees and nature in general, just like you fairer skinned Elves."
He paused to stop a waitress and order drinks before continueing. "I am sure my dislike for your kind stems from similar misconceptions, so I am willing to set aside my feelings towards your kind for the benefit of both of us, and, infact, possibly many more."
Vistalzidar placed his sketch upon the table and slid it across to Istalindir. "Death Eater's, they translate to in your tongue, correct?" Again he recieved a nod in reply. "Eater's of Death in mine...may as well be the same thing in all honesty, but whatever, the point is mute. The point that matters, however, and I am being presumptuous, but it seems that both of us have suffered terrible loss at the hands of these creatures."
The waitress placed two tankards on the table and Vistalzidar flicked her a few coppers with a wink. After taking a long draught, he focused on Istalindir again. "To jump to the chase, my young friend, I am hunting these beasts in order to exact some kind of revenge. However, I know just how hard they are to kill and realise that I will need help in doing so. What I am suggesting is that, despite the fact that our kinds aren't on par with one another, we should put aside such petty differences and team up. Destroy these beasts together for the greater good of our kind."
"And who knows," He added with a smile, "Our co-operation may help somewhat in mending the rift between our people."
He lent back in his chair and folded his arms across his chest. "I'd hear your thoughts, young Elf, before we commit to this however."

Last edited by Decomposition on Dec 6th, 2004 at 11:20 AM

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 11:17 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Vash was leaned to the wall of the bar, next to a window. He managed to open it easily, but halfway so it doesnt stay suspicious. His elven eares helped him this time, to evesdrop this talk. Revenge? They might me trying to kill the beasts for the same reason as me... This might be good... thought Vash.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 12:00 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kohldia
Wild One

Melcanin approached the bar, slinging her heavy sword to the side and smiling at the barmaid, "A large Curill if I can please Martia." The young woman nodded and Melcanin's light amber eyes scanned the bar, resting on a rather tall Drow male, ~Strange.~ She thought, ~They barely make themselves known in these parts yet here one is, in a tavern drinking with an elf?~

Burned and Scarred, but just as dangerous as a wildthing.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 12:04 PM
Kohldia is currently offline Click here to Send Kohldia a Private Message Find more posts by Kohldia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnite127
Megami

((OOC: I sorta forgot that all the humans were dead, lol. So what would be the common folk around this town? Or should I make somethin up...?))

Veleanith walked through the streets, stopping at seeing a strange pale looking red-eyed elf by the bar, leaning casually against the wall looking deep in thought. 'Must be one of the strange folks that...man was speaking of,' she thought, a flicker of disgust visible in her eyes. She started to walk over him but stopped as a very tall being stepped into her view.

She raised an eyebrow as she looked up to the brown eyed figure. "Excuse me...you're sorta in my way."

The man didn't budge, showing from behind him the two little boys that she had seen earlier. He folded his arms across his bulging chest as he spoke between a thick mustache. "How dare you come into this village, harassing my children."

Veleanith blinked. She placed a hand on her hip. "Excuse you? I don't harass kids. Perhaps if you had brought them up with more manners, rather than having them point to a stranger, I wouldn't have needed to be...me," she finished with a mischevious smile.

"Apologize."

"Hmm?"

"Apologize to my children!" he ordered.

Veleanith bared her fangs as she smirked. "Bite me!" It was sort of an irony to her, but she wanted to see if she could push the man. He looked as if he were about to strike her, however, before anything could happen a soldier stood between the two, ordering them to stop their childishness. She said nothing, backing down as she started to head away from the scene. She came back five minutes later, trying to catch a glimpse of the stranger but he appeared to be gone.

"Damn..." Veleanith placed her hands in her pockets and placed her hood back on, prowling the streets in search of the strangers...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 05:32 PM
midnite127 is currently offline Click here to Send midnite127 a Private Message Find more posts by midnite127 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
seriph
the angel of bad spelling

ooc: you didn't seem to get the full point of my post, it was a snip it from the journey usable for character development, it wasn't the whole journey or the wood they were traveling through would have to have been a bit small i will start from entering the inn, i was going to explain how Yueria came into knowledge of Isalinindir, i will make this known hopefully in my next post(after this one)

ic: Yueria scanned the breath of the inn carefully, mainly looking for flashes of metal, characteristic of mithril, he saw a few fighter types, mainly old elves, but none that seemed particularly elfish, he hovered around in distress looking for someone that fitted the description he had got one from a strange man in the library talking of death eater's, and one from the useful(if a little scornful) man from the court

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 08:48 PM
seriph is currently offline Click here to Send seriph a Private Message Find more posts by seriph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bildo
RPD Fox Team Medic

((OOC: ah ok midnite i still sorry xx. Oh yeh by the way you guys im nowere near you id just thought id say.))

Lanilor walked down the dirt track/main sorta road and looked at the hurrisun and saw the sun would rise any minute and then poof. He thought in a few mins the Folk here might be walking around i have to find me some shelter. He looked quickly round the streets for a shop of some sort that was open. He saw one about 50yrds down the road. He walked quickly towards it and then he open the door and went inside.

It was rather dull inside and dusty he saw shelves and cupboards full of stuff and he thought some of this could be of some use. He walked up to the counter and the ower was another lizard-man thing. He thought this must be the main population of the village. He said to the owner of the "excuse me".

Bildo Paul Ritson.

Billy
-x-
Resident Evil 4eva. x

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 09:54 PM
Bildo is currently offline Click here to Send Bildo a Private Message Find more posts by Bildo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

OOC: Dammit! I keep writing Paul instead of Istalindir...what an annoying name, I keep forgetting how to spell it!
lol Vistalzidar isn't much easier, I wonder how long it'll take me to learn these strange names confused

Istalindir took in every word Vistalzidar said and when he finally finished Istalindir found that he didn't mistrust him nearly as much as he had when he first introduced himself. 'You have proven to be nothing like the stories my people tell of your kind, I will be honored to accompany you on our journey to destroy the beasts.'
Istalindir was glad to have found a companion for his journey so soon, he had feared that he would have to set out alone after weeks of looking for a company but luck seemed to be on his side for now. Istalindir did not fully trust the Drow yet but he believed that he was sincere about destroying the beasts together so he was not going doubt him or his race in any way unless he turned on him.
'There is however a complication, my goal is only to kill one of the creatures and return it to the Court of Sand and Stone, they want to learn from it. After I finish the task I was set out to do then I will be free to roam the lands hunting the beasts with you. Will you accept these terms or at least accompany me till I slay one of the beasts and then let our paths part?'
Istalindir was hoping for a yes but he kept a stern face hoping not to reveille how much over his head he felt at the moment. He looked at the tankard set before him, ale, why drink such a bitter drink he did not know but he respected the mans gesture and drank deeply before setting the tankard back on the table with a loud clank. Maybe in time he would understand why people drank this but for now he tried hard not to show how much he disliked it.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 10:05 PM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kohldia
Wild One

Melcanin's sensitive hearing picked up the word hunt and her amber eyes scanned back to the elf and Drow. She contemplated approaching them yet she decided against it, sending Martia over to the table with another two tankards and a message.
Matria poured the tankards and walked to the men, setting the large cups on the table, "I bring a message from the huntress gentlemen..." She pause for a moment, "She wishes to enquire of the hunt you were conversing of...she was sent as an ambassador of her small forest dweller tribe to join such a hunt."

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 11:59 PM
Kohldia is currently offline Click here to Send Kohldia a Private Message Find more posts by Kohldia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnite127
Megami

((OOC: Dont even worry abouts it, Bildo, No biggie, really happy Well, on with the story...))

‘Well, how hard can it be to find these motley crew of people?’

Her words streamed through her mind, coming back to haunt her as she leaned against the step of a fountain. “Too long,” she said, answering her own question as she sprawled out, her legs in the middle of the walkway, her head tossed back towards the sky, too tired to move after searching all day.

Veleanith leaned back and turned her gaze towards the bright orange ball of gas that was the setting sun. The sun had always horrified her brother but he told her she was special. That’s why she could withstand it. ‘And hey, with the black robes, more power to me…only thing I need worry about is a bad tan.

She spread her arms out, her fingertips dangling in the cool water behind her, her back to the cool step for what were merely minutes. But to her felt like hours, day, years, the sun going through its revolutions, rising from the east and setting in the west, the sky changing from a deep cerulean to a cool airy blue, clouds coming, going and the world remaining the same for another long century before coming to an end.

And yet, she felt unfazed, an indifference to it all. Her head leaned back, hood dangling in the rushing waters lapping up behind her ears, the grass around her, sprouting green through her fingertips, reaching to the sky for life, the murmurs of people tuned out, the only thing heard the whispers of the wind.

Veleanith dropped her hands into the fountain and closed her eyes, finding herself in a temporary state of euphoria at the serenity surrounding the scene. What with it being late she was one of the few people still wandering outside and she loved it. Being alone…yet being surrounded by life.

She shook her head and got up, a dazed look in her eyes. She gave a warm smile to the world. She wrung out the water from her hood before placing it on her head, and with hands in pockets walked until she had found a place that had caught her interest earlier.

She stepped in, ignoring her surroundings as she quickly made her way to the bar, a figure in black. She sat down to a seat and after a second, a bartender came up to her, shining a glass and making a motion as if asking ‘what it’d be?’.

“Got elf blood?” she asked quickly, with a small smirk. She knew she should stop doing that, figuring one day a bartender would get what she said, but she liked to see a double take.

“Wait, pardons??” the man asked, leaning over to her.

“I said, plum wine, love the way it goes down, makes you feel all warm inside,” She reached into an inner pocket, taking out a gold coin and slamming it down onto the table. “Oh…and keep the change.”

The man widened his eyes in disbelief as he filled up the glass with the deep violet liquid. He placed the glass down in front of her, pocketing the coin as he sat down in front of her, face filled with interest. “So lass, what are you really here for? Not many pass by these parts just to pay a homely bartender a gold coin for drink…” ‘Though many have been doing that lately…’ he thought as he looked upwards.

Veleanith had been taking a sip but stopped. She smiled into the cup, her fangs dangling over the rim. She placed the half full glass of wine down and folded her hands up onto the table. “Delighted you asked…”

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 02:39 AM
midnite127 is currently offline Click here to Send midnite127 a Private Message Find more posts by midnite127 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

OOC: Sory for not responding earlier, I was a bit busy...

Before Vistalzidar had a chance to respond the waitress came back to refill their tankards, "I bring a message from the huntress gentlemen...She wishes to enquire of the hunt you were conversing of...she was sent as an ambassador of her small forest dweller tribe to join such a hunt.", she said as she refilled their cups. They both turned and saw a delicately dressed elf, she was looking at them curiously, 'Thank her for the drinks, we will be with her shortly.'
Istalindir's attention returned to the Drow.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 03:05 AM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kohldia
Wild One

Martia nodded and returned to the bar, "The elf said they'd be with you soon Melcanin...did you want a bowl of soup while you wait?" Melcanin nodded and smiled a little, "You know me well, thankyou yes."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 05:04 AM
Bildo
RPD Fox Team Medic

((OOC: Ok midnite)) ((Continuing post))

"Excuse me" Lanilor asked and the Lizard-man looked up "yess how may i help you" The man had a slight hiss in his voice. "I am looking for a hooded cape or coat of some and a bottle or something of blood" he said and the man looked at him a bit funny but did not judge him.
"Well i have this and put a hooded cape on the counter but we aint got no blood im sorry" he said with a confuzed look on his face.
"ah ok its not a problem ill get it else were" Lanilor said with a trouble look.

(( sorry g2g to skool now peeps ill see ya l8rz))

Bildo Paul Ritson.

Billy
-x-
Resident Evil 4eva. x

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 08:35 AM
Bildo is currently offline Click here to Send Bildo a Private Message Find more posts by Bildo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Vistalzidar smirked at the young Elf. Istalindir was trying very hard not to show how much he disliked the ale, but Vistalzidar was very adapt at picking up elven facial expressions.
He chuckled lightly. "No more ale for you then," he said and recived a slight grin in return. "As to your question, I shall gladly assisst you in the task. I may be a Drow assassin, but even I know that the Court of Sand and Stone don't give out such missions willy nilly."
Vistalzidar motioned over his shoulder with a flick of his head. "Doer ussta abbil," he said without thinking whether Istalindir could understand him. He shook his head. "You'll have to excuse me, I have a tendancy to slip into my native language on occasion. What I meant to say was; Come my friend, let us see what the huntress has on her mind."

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 11:14 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnite127
Megami

Veleanith folded her hands across the table, a smile playing across her lips and her eyes shining brightly from the darkness of her hood. She leaned towards the man and her expression grew strange, mysterious. "I've heard many a rumor of what I seek, but most are just talk and nothing more. They can only be seen in the moonlight, they are ney 50ft in height, they are soulless creatures from the Underworld,"

She slammed her fist on the table annoyed. "It's all lies...myth. I've heard so much I can't even differentiate the truth from what could be false. If you can...tell me what you know, and there may be more..." She took out another gold coin and flashed it front of the man. "...Of these in store."

The man waved the gold off with an amused smile. "No need for that lass," She stared at him suspiciously whereas he let off a deep laugh. "No need for anything, ya don't have to be giving me those kind of looks!" He laughed some more, grabbing a bar seat and sitting in front of her. "Sorry to say I only now a little of the beings you might be speaking of. Eavesdropping when I shouldn't isa bad habit o' mine but that's how I keeps informed. Most never can get a good glimpse off 'em, by the time they do, it be to late. But the few who have...been under the light of the moon. They said to come from the south, from the Land of the Dead..."

"The Land of the Dead?" she drummed her nails on the table top. "Is that suppose to be some sort of pun, irony of a sort?"

The bartender leaned back and started to shine a glass. "You tell me..."

Veleanith nodded and turned away from the man, looking out into the dark, smoky bar. Just then, she noticed three odd people inside the room. Besides the commoners were an elf, one male, one female, while accompanying the male elf was a pitch black elf with long silver hair. Veleanith narrowed her eyes then a look of realization shone across her face. "Ah..."

She recognized the face, most people in her line of business did. He was an assassin, one of the best. 'But what the hell would one of his prestige be doing here?' She finished up her wine before jumping off the seat. "Interesting..." she turned to the barman. "I'll require a room for the night. I'm quite sure the coin shall cover it."

"Yes ma'am." he tossed her a key and she caught it as she headed towards the stairs.

Veleanith walked, only pausing to whisper by the assassin in a sly tone. "Such...pretty silver hair." He glanced to the side, but she had already retired to her room, the whisper merely a ghost's breath...

((Alright, all done. Hope it was alright with what I did, if not, let me know, ciao))

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 05:40 PM
AcrypT
Reach out to me

OOC: I found the Drow dictionary and I searched for what you said and came up with nothing stick out tongue the elven dictionary is much easier to use. It's kinda cool though, for all I know you could have just calls me an 'over grown ass bubble' and it still sounds cool. oh nvm, my bad, it took me a while... "Doer ussta abbil" = "Come my friend", this could be interesting...
Midnight I don't think you could disappoint me with something you post even if you really tried roll eyes (sarcastic)

'Usstan uil naut iz' Usstan xal doer a alust ' (I am not as I may seem at first), Istalindir said in bad Drowish toung with a smile.
'Come let us see what business the huntress has with us', he said getting up along with Vistalzidar. They approached the huntress, 'You know what it is we hunt in the south?', Istalindir asked while looking first at her bare feet, then slowly at her clothing and finally resting on her worn face, it was beautiful but it looked as if it had know a great deal of travel during its time on earth.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 06:39 PM
Bildo
RPD Fox Team Medic

"So how much do i owe you for the cape then" Lanilor said searching his big pockets. "That be two silver my good man" said the shop owner.
Lanilor pulled out a few coins and took out two silver and said "Her we go" and handed over the coin "oh and im not so good" Lanilor said putting the cape on lacing it up. As he opened the door he hung the big hood so it drapped over his face so no sunlight sunlight could see an inch of flesh. The door closed behind him and he looked around for an inn of some sorts. He saw one just over the big main road/dirt track called the 'Big Inn' but it didnt look so big. He walked quickly across the road and saw a few people starting to move about and open there stalls nice and early in the morning. He walked in the door and saw a bar with no people in exept the bar tender and a waitress.

"Hello there my friend how may we be of service" Lanilor looked at the pair and the landlord looked like the norm a Lizard-man but the waitress she looked more normal, human-like but they were all dead. He just shook his head and replied "Um yes my good man i would be looking for a room" he said bringing down his hood. The look on the waitresses face was a picture. He looked on and waited for the Lizard-man to reply " yes we have a few available" Lanilor flicked a gold coin in to the landlords hands "will that cover it" he said with a smile.
"Yes sir it will do fine" he said pocketing the coin. "Here Ismalia show the man to his room" he said and he handed her the key. She blinked a few times and came back to reality "yes of course, right this way sir".
She walked through a door and up a flight of stairs.

She was wear the tradional waitress clothing the black and white, frilly short skirt you know the type.
She got to the door and turned and faced Lanilor with the key hanging from her finger "So whats your name stranger" she said with a smile on her face "Lanilor" he said there was a pause " im really sorry but i am quite tired so ill be off to bed" he said holding his hand out. "Ok stranger ill see you later" she said dropping the key in his hand. She walk back down the corridor and looked back with a quick wink she was gone and Lanilor unlocked the door and went inside. He looked around the room and saw the bed and went straight for it, he jumped on and then he lad on his back and closed his eyes, he then brought his hood right over his face and put his to forarm blades across his heart. You cant be to careful he thought to himself and went straight under into a deep sleep.
(ZZZZZZzzzzzzzz ZZZZZzzzz)

((OOC: Hope that enought for you guys lol.))

Bildo Paul Ritson.

Billy
-x-
Resident Evil 4eva. x

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 09:10 PM
Kohldia
Wild One

Melcanin turned as she took her first spoonfull of soup, "I do indeed, they slaughtered many of those who I used to know as well as the ones cared for by those who now occupy positions in my small forrest dweller tribe. We seek more than vengence upon the cratures you hunt, we seek their blood and evidence of their demise." Her eyes were as icy as her tone as she spoke, there was an unsettled evil between Melcanin and her chosen prey.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:21 AM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

'You know what it is we hunt in the south?'
Vistalzidar eyed the huntress with a smile still on his face from Istalindir's use of his native tongue. He took in her bare feet and clothing and then made eye contact. He was about to bow and greet her when a soft whisper floated to his ears.
"Such...pretty silver hair."
Vistalzidar glanced left quickly, but his vision encountered no one, the person having already disappeared. Vistalizidar frowned slightly. Had he imagined it?
He shook his head and turned back to the huntress who was replying, ""I do indeed, they slaughtered many of those who I used to know as well as the ones cared for by those who now occupy positions in my small forrest dweller tribe. We seek more than vengence upon the cratures you hunt, we seek their blood and evidence of their demise."
"Lye vithel

Last edited by Decomposition on Dec 8th, 2004 at 12:43 AM

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:33 AM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

OOC: lol...I guess I was too slow...will edit the above post

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:37 AM
Kohldia
Wild One

Melcanin turned slightly to the tall foreigner, "So you are indeed Drow as I first suspected, may I enquire as to which province as I do not recognise your accent."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:58 AM