KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Role Playing Forum » Hunting the Gurtha Maten --The Hunt--

Hunting the Gurtha Maten --The Hunt--
Started by: AcrypT

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (18): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Agent HUNK
Umbrella Special Forces

Trathos had stayed all night in the pub with Dakuan. Dakuan had passed out hours ago and was sleeping it off near the door. Trathos had only the water from his gourd and went to carry his friend back to the smithy when he had bumped into something. "Pardon me, I....." Trathos turned to see a beautiful elven woman that appeared to be ready for battle. "I 'm sorry. I did not see you. What's a beautiful elf like you doing with a poorly made sword such as that. You look as though you're going into battle, might i presuade you to come by my shop and pick up a better one?" Trathos asked as he hefted the sleeping dwarf over his shoulder.

I believe that the sound of racking the pump of a shotgun is universally recognized as ‘kiss your a$$ goodbye'.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 12:35 AM
Agent HUNK is currently offline Click here to Send Agent HUNK a Private Message Find more posts by Agent HUNK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kohldia
Wild One

Malcanin smiled a little, "Thankyou for the offer but this word is generations old, I have used no other since my tutoring in the art. I hope you get your friend home safely, goodbye." She then began to make her way to the corall's to fetch and prepare her horse.

Burned and Scarred, but just as dangerous as a wildthing.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 01:04 AM
Kohldia is currently offline Click here to Send Kohldia a Private Message Find more posts by Kohldia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnite127
Megami

((Cont. from earlier…))

Veleanith walked into the small darkened barn by the beginning of the town, several stalls side by side, a strange noise coming from each. She walked quietly across the worn hay, stopping at a stall with a silky black horse in the dim stable.

She opened up the swinging wooden door and stepped into the stall with the horse, a small smile on her face. She took off her hood, several strands of dark green hanging past her cheeks as she nuzzled her face into the horse’s neck. “Midi…” she purred, gently brushing a hand past the horse’s back. Midi stomped her feet slightly, making soft noises as she was hugged.

Veleanith let go of Midi’s neck and walked to in front of the horse to examine its features. “I hope while you have been here they have taken good care of you. You look to be fit…” she pressed her nose to hers, looking into a pair of big deep brown eyes. “And you seem as if you escaped unscathed from that night…” she said merrily, and yet, a trace hint of gloom to her tone. She led Midi from the stall and out into the entrance of the stable.

“I didn’t mean for us to leave so earlier, but I feel we should make it out of here before sundown. Though, in all truth…” She gave a knowing smile as she took a carrot from an inner pocket and started to feed Midi. “…I almost wish to stay here. The reason, I fear I cannot tell you as you always were quite akin to my brother and even now, after all that’s happened you would probably not allow me to ride you if I spoke why,” she let out a small giggle, mounting her horse as she did so.

She led her to the gates of the city. She leaned her head down, whispering into Midi’s ear. “Before we start out the real venture, we have a few places to travel. First, we head to Mardonin, as I have something to obtain from a friend me and brother managed to gain on our travels.”

Veleanith knocked her heels lightly into the horse, sending Midi into a light gallop out of the city. She sped down a beaten path, for a second seeing a familiar figure walking in her opposite direction towards town. She turned back, catching a glimpse of silver that quickly disappeared in the shadows. “Must’ve been…my imagination.”

‘If everything goes smoothly, we should arrive by nightfall of tomorrow into the city. Then again, things tend to never work out for me…’ She smirked, throwing on her hood and knocking Midi’s side once more, giving the horse a burst of speed as it sped away from the town.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 03:05 AM
midnite127 is currently offline Click here to Send midnite127 a Private Message Find more posts by midnite127 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Vistalzidar led Ne'kalsa into the city towrds the tavern and smiled at Malcanin as she crossed the street in the Direction of the corall's. He nodded to her, then turned and mounted his horse in one deft leap.
Istalidir chose that moment to appear from within, his armour and mail shining in the morning light.
Vistalzidar bowed as best he could from atop his stallion. "Vendui' ussta abbil. It is a fine morning to begin a hunt, is it not?" He asked, breathing the fresh morning air in deeply.
"It is," Istalindir agreed with a nod. "I look forward to it."
Vistalzidar smiled widely. "As do I, my young friend." He glanced at the sky. "Though, to tell you the truth, I will be much more comfortable with this whole situation once night falls."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 08:41 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

(Continued from above)

Istalindir nodded. "I can imagine you would," he replied as he glanced at the Drows necklace.
Vistalzidar said, "Why don't you go and get your things while I take a slittle ride around the place to warm up Ne'kalsa here?" he slapped the stallions neck affectionately as he spoke. "I will meet you and the huntress at the southern gate."
With a nod, Istalindir began to croos the street and Vistalzidar clucked, sending his horse into a gallop with little coaxing. People jumped out of the way cursing and Vistalzidar laughed aloud as he gave his horse it's head and flew down the street towards the southern gate.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 08:51 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kohldia
Wild One

Melcanin was brushing the coat of her magnificent mare, a light golden coat fabled to the region of forrest which her people dwell. She slung the large packs on the hide end of Betrala and mounted her swiftly, smiling a little as the mare trotted out, passing the young elf on the way who seemed amazed at the magnificent beast, Melcanin smiled and whipped her hair behind her head as they exited the corral.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 10:02 AM
Kohldia is currently offline Click here to Send Kohldia a Private Message Find more posts by Kohldia Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Vistalzidar barely used any knee pressure to draw Ne'kalsa into a slow walk in front of the startled guards at the southern gate. He nodded respectfully at them and recieved the expected scowls in response as he made his way around to the door at the side of the guard house.
As he entered the solid oak door, a young guard who was lounging on a bench reading scrambled to his feet, throwing the leather bound book against the wall in his haste.
"M-master Drow," he stammered. "I did not expect-"
Vistalzidar waved whatever the lad planned to say away. "Something has come up," he informed the young guard. "I must leave in a few minutes on a journey south. Do you have the information I requested?"
"Y-yes, Master Drow." The guard snatched up a parchment from a nearby desk and scanned it quickly. "The, ah, target, Master Drow, was...ah..." the guard blushed. "He slept with so many whores I'm surprised he's even able to walk, let alone ride...which he did, out of Astradom in the dead of the night."
Vistalzidar scratched his chin. "Hmmm, I was...occupied, at the time," he replied with a mysterious smile and the young guard couldn't help but return it.
"Occupied in a good way, I take it, Master Drow?"
Vistalzidar chuckled. "I'm not quite sure, lad, though we'll leave it at that eh? Now, where is the target going?"
"Ah," the guard consulted his parchment, "Mardonin, Master Drow."
Vistalzidar's face split in a wolfish grin. "What a coincidence, for so am I." He unhooked a fat purse from his belt and threw it to the guard. "Twenty gold pieces," Vistalzidar informed him, "for services well done."
The young guard's eyes widened. "But Master Drow, this is-is...I thought we agreed on ten?"
"You argue when I have paid you more?" Vistalzidar shook his head. "This target is of particular imporatance to my conclave, your information will be of great benefit. Consider the large payment as something that holds you to me in case I need your services again, if it will help."
The guard could only nod.
"I must leave, young...?"
"Karrek, Master drow. My name is Karrek."
"Karrek," he nodded. "Aluve'," he added in his native tongue, even though he knew Karrek would not understand him. He turned on his heel and left the hut, leaving the young guard to gaze in wide eyed wonder at the glimmering gold coins within the purse.

Last edited by Decomposition on Dec 10th, 2004 at 12:02 PM

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 11:59 AM
midnite127
Megami

"Going good so far..." Veleanith sighed in content. She placed her hands behind her head, looking up to the green canopy covering the sky with a smile, her heels resting in a rushing brook, the shadows from trees surrounding her. She spread out across the long tangled grass, unaffected by the sun as a small breeze blew.

Nearby, Midi leaned over, taking a sip of water from the brook with a calm demeanor. They had been travelling for a few hours, but after a moment, the water called out to Midi and the rain-forest like area beckoned out to Veleanith. The two had taken a break, it being around the afternoon but it wasn't really possible to tell as the trees were thick enough to make it seem as if evening had come.

Veleanith bobbed her head to an invisible rhythm, the grass blowing past her ears. She closed her eyes, listening to the world go past. A strange whisper went past her ears. She listened intently, suddenly, popping open her eyes as she gazed off into the distance.

'They're coming...'

She sat up quickly and shook out grass from her hair, throwing on her hood. She got up off the ground, walking briskly to Midi and leading her off to a tree. She waited behind it, then whispered, allowing a thick canvas of leaves and vines to drape over the two, hiding them.

Veleanith stroked Midi's neck, trying to stop her from neighing as she watched the path she had been relaxing in. She waited for a few minutes when she heard it. The sounds of several horses galloping a path through the forest. She watched as they rode by, on their backs clammy pale green riders with scabbards out, a loud wily laugh as they went.

She waited until they had all gone before walking out back to the path, stroking Midi's neck. "Nothing but cons and thieves they are. A dangerous band of people, depending on who you are, they'd rob someone blind or sometimes they capture. And with the rumors of the Death Eaters going around, they use it to their advantage, calling themselves thus. Anyone who hasn't had the unlucky fortune of bumping into the true creatures don't bother to fight them and give up their valuables, thinking they're the real thing..."

Veleanith stroked Midi's back once more before jumping back on, looking to their retreating footsteps. "It's despicable what they do...and yet, it has a touch of ingenuity to it..." She turned Midi around, heading back onto the road to Mardonin. "Lucky us, we avoided them for the time being. It's a sign though...we've wasted enough time at is." She poked into Midi's side. "Sorry for the short break...but it's time we set off again." With those final words the two continued on their journey...

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 05:37 PM
midnite127 is currently offline Click here to Send midnite127 a Private Message Find more posts by midnite127 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcrypT
Reach out to me

OOC: I spent so much time on the resident evil thread that I'm too beat to propperly do this one, sorry, I'll be back to normal tomorow (9-12 hours) you guys (and girls) should just bring me along with you to the next town, I trust you won't make me do anything stupid. Again sorry I'm just realy tired (it's 2:30am over here).

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 12:23 AM
AcrypT is currently offline Click here to Send AcrypT a Private Message Find more posts by AcrypT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnite127
Megami

Veleanith rode into Mardonin a little past nightfall and immediately noticed the attention. Some villagers stopped what they were doing to gape at her, other’s ushered their children past, the busy bustle of talk being replaced with the muttering of uncertainty. She ignored it all as she always did, carefully walking her horse out into an open field, leaving her out in the pasture.

She stroked Midi’s neck as she quietly talked. “This will be our stopover point for the evening. I just need a night of rest then tomorrow, I set out in search of our associate. Sweet dreams, Midi.” She fed her, stroking her all the while, eventually heading into a bar doubling as an inn in the center of town.

Veleanith pushed open the doors to the place, buried in her thoughts. She was starting to figure she must be lonely. It was the only reason she could come up with with why she held conversations with her steed. ‘Must be cause I always talked with my brother…’ she thought with melancholy. She ordered a drink from the menu absentmindedly and carried it to a table far off.

She sipped in silence at the drink, livening up at the heat spreading throughout her, when something odd struck her about her surroundings. The noise…or rather, the lack of it. She rose her head from the cup, looking around to see every last inhabitant of the bar, from keeper to customer had stopped what they were doing to stare to her.

She figured she was a bit of an ominous figure, what with her face being hidden and she being dressed in black, but she had never received attention like that. The shuffling of chairs and tables were heard as every customer stood up and without a hint of warning or explanation took out a weapon, pointing it in her direction.

Veleanith raised an eyebrow, finishing off the rest of her drink figuring it was the beginning of a long night. She had started to consider her courses of action but each one ended with either the whole bar being massacred or her joining up with her brother. She rolled her eyes exasperated. “Okay…I’ll bite. What have I done…what could I have possibly done within less than fifteen minutes of being in this damn town?!” she shouted, smashing the mug onto the table and shattering it.

Two security like people stepped from behind the crowd of people surrounding her with weapons and looked to her skeptically. “Well, for one, that,” said one, pointing to her broken mug. She turned up her lip to him which caused him to drum his finger along his blade. “By the order of our highest ruler, you are to be arrested and kept in containment.”

Veleanith looked to him in a silent anger, allowing his partner to slap a pair of what looked to be chains around her wrist. She stood up and blinked. “And on what grounds are you convicting me?” She decided to play along with the two as they led her from the bar and through the streets, the town people watching in mock curiosity. She stopped walking as she waited for an answer.

One guard stopped tiredly. “A man rode into town earlier, saying he feared for his life. A figure in all black on a dark steed was said to be after him. He pleaded and paid for us to be on our guard and protect him from the assailant.”

She chewed lightly on the side of her cheek as she held back a laugh. “That is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. So what, do you intend on arresting every stranger that comes into your village dressed in a black attire?”

A guard glanced to a man walking past. He turned his attention back to her. “There is no need for that as we have already caught the one most likely after him, assassin.” He finished, making it known he knew of her status.

Veleanith smiled at the last part of his sentence. It turned into an expression of poisoned honey as she spoke, her voice starting to shake from anger. “I’m an assassin, that may be so…but that fellow!!” She pointed with her connected wrists to the man that had walked past. “He carries two blades, both dripping with blood, and I’m the one who gets arrested?!” She scoffed. “If I don’t kill you people just for existing, your ignorance probably will.”

The mistake…upon hearing the mention of her killing anyone, a guard let out a shout in anger. “Silence! How dare you speak such about us, the-”

Veleanith interrupted. “Ignorant, foolhardy inhabitants of this city.”

The guard looked to her infuriated. He placed his face inches away from hers. “For that tongue of yours, I shall see to it you get more than imprisonment. You shall be beheaded as well.”

“Be-What?” she blinked, thinking she had heard wrong. She had been taking everything said and done with a grain of salt, holding back several laughs in the situation as she feigned anger. But at hearing the man pose an actual threat to her life, she grew serious. “Trust, if I were after this man’s life, I would not deny it. I take great pride in letting it known I’m hunting a target. But I refuse to take the credit for something I have no intentions of doing.”

In response to her proclamation, she received a prick to her neck and felt her eyes flicker as she fell to sleep…

~~~~~~~~~~~~

‘My head…’

Her head was pounding slightly, strands of hair dangling down past her face. She threw the strands away from her face but found that she couldn’t toss them over her shoulder. She started to move her hands but found that she could do no more than squirm, her arms pinned upward and apart to the cold stone wall of the bare dungeon she had been knocked out and placed into.

Veleanith glanced to herself to see the degree of damage. Her wrists had been pinned to the wall, her feet being the only part free. Her cloak had been taken away, her necklace as well, along with her rose and arrows, leaving her with only the tightly woven bracelets of ivy around her wrists.

She looked out to the window, the sky starting to grow dark. She turned her attention forward, checking for any guards of a sort when she noticed someone else. She would’ve jumped back in surprise, but there really wasn’t anywhere to jump to.

Standing outside her cell, peaking at her through the cobalt bars was what looked to be a fox-boy with a small hat on. He smiled. “Never seen one before…an assassin I mean. Had to sneak in…they don’t really allow the public to see criminals. You’re pretty, wonder how you got into a line of business like killing for fun. Word spread fast of your arrival and your capture, ‘threat to man’s life deterred, mysterious femme captured and to be killed by end of week,’ He said in a voice of one announcing the news. “I can’t imagine how that would be.” His tone was meant to be sympathetic, but his face was lit up in an excitement at the event.

Veleanith closed her eyes, the edge of her mouth curled up with a coming smile. “What you really ought not to imagine…” She opened up her eyes, glowing golden in the darkness of the dungeon. She beamed at the boy’s reaction, showing her fangs. “Is what might happen if I escape from these chains and remember your sympathy on the matter…” she jumped out towards the boy’s direction, the chains holding her back. However, it was enough to intimidate the boy and send him running far away from her.

She shook her head again, turning her attention to the window as she leaned her head back recalling her earlier words to the Drow stranger she seen earlier. “Nothing but trouble…” she muttered beneath her breath.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 06:35 AM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

"Mardonin!" Istalindir called and pointed to the city appearing in the distance. "At last!"
Vistalzidar smiled. It had been a rather annoying trip, having to divert from the main road several times to avoid the detection of various ruffians and vagabonds prowling the nearby districts. Word of the Death Eaters had spread quickly and these types were willing to use the havok caused by the Death Eaters to their advantage.
Between the three of them, they probably could have survived any encounter, yet Vistalzidar preferred to avoid the confrontation and get to Mardonin safely. After all, he had a contract to complete.
Thought of the contract brought him back to another problem, for word of a female assassin's arrest had spread and, upon seeing a discarded sketch of the so called 'assassin', Vistalzidar was utterly shocked to see that it was the strange vampire woman he had encountered in Astradom.
She had been accused and arrested for crimes she 'supposedly' intended to commit against the very man Vistalzidar intended to kill. He was the true assassin in this situation, and the guards of Mardonin had made a grave mistake arresting the wrong person.
Vistalzidar frowned. He would have to move his schedual forward. He had planned to wait at least two or three days before making the hit, but now he would have to get it done in plenty of time to clear the strangers name.
A smile spread across his face as he thought of ways he could possibly be repayed for the service. With a chuckle in response to the strange looks sent his way by Istalindir and their huntress companion, Vistalizdar nudged his stallion forward into fast canter towards the gates of the city.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 09:00 AM
Dwarfdude
Official KMC F*ck Monkey

[I know it might be a bit late, but might I join? If not, just ignore the post]

Njord Axeson rode full tilt out of the wood next to the road, cutting off Vistalzidar by accident. Two elves, men on patrol, rode after his great steed. Njord looked back, calling a sardonic "sorry" to the drow he had nearly rammed. He sped his horse up, and made a sharp turn towards the city. One of his pursuer's horse's slid out, and fell to the ground. He heard the rider curse, and he looked behind him to see the second still after him. He ground his horse to a halt, and turned to face the elf. The elf stopped as well. Njord hefted the spear he was carrying, and slung his shield (imagine a viking type shield) off his back and onto his arm. He smiled at his confused opponent.

"Let us settle this the old way...."

His opponent nodded and hefted his own spear. He reared his horse and rode toward Njord, who urged his own horse into a canter. They met midway, and his opponent lunged out. Njord, however, ducked to the side, and the elf lunged to far off his horse, falling to the ground. Njord trotted his horse over to his side, as he lay on the ground.

"Its nothing personal....But you tried to kill me...."

Njord stabbed down, and pierced the elves armor, drivng it into the heart. He withdrew the spear, and trotted back to the road, where he saw Vistalzidar again. He coughed.

"Can I trust that there will be no mention of that?"

Njord smirked, figuring he would have to pay the drow. He looked down at the being, from his massive 35 hand pitch black stallion. Njord himself had long black hair, and looked much like a man of old. But he was much taller, a giant, standing at 8'. The cothes he wore were simple, a chainmail shirt of steel, leather trousers, and a green shirt underneath, all under a black cloak. Apart from the spear, his weapons were two massive, but not to him, 6' (Celtic style) swords, and a throwing hatchet, made of a strange black metal. His forementioned shield had the design of a black dragon, against a backround of red. But the strangest thing about his was his eyes. They had no pupil, no iris, but they were just completely black. They had no white in them, just black. Pitch, jet black. They made most anyone shudder in fright.

"So, would you not tell those guards in the city ahead? Or need you more persuasion?"

"Balance is best in all things." -The Odyssey

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 05:53 AM
Dwarfdude is currently offline Click here to Send Dwarfdude a Private Message Find more posts by Dwarfdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
midnite127
Megami

OOC: Even though you described your character a bit in your post you might wanna follow the guidelines and make your character in the character creation thread before ya actually start. That's just an idea roll eyes (sarcastic)

Veleanith stayed in the cell for several hours, waiting patiently until she saw the pale light from the crescent moon come from behind a small sheet of clouds and beam into her cell. She smirked, watching the shadows from outside the cell and gave a low whistle, a knowing glance.

From the shadows stepped a pale old man, his eyes wise beyond his years and a grey beard covering his face. He peered into the cell and shook his head. "Fine trouble you've gotten yourself into..."

"Oh hush. I need not the commentary..." she looked over the chains binding her to the wall then back to the man curiously. "So have you come to get me out or just to taunt me mercilessly?"

"A little of both. Mostly the latter," He chuckled. "So where is your brother in all of this drama? I would have thought he would have 'taken care' of the people who had done this to you by now..."

Veleanith bowed her head as she spoke in optimism, hiding her face. "Didn't you hear? He passed away awhile ago. Going into battle...most likely the way he wanted to go," She sucked up her breath and sighed as she looked back to the man with a weak smile. "So now I have to do the job."

"And to think you are to be killed in less than seven sun-rises. I would help you out but I'm afraid the guards caught me on my way to visiting you. Took away anything that might be of use to you," He shrugged. "Guess you'll have to rely on your own luck."

She smiled broadly. "Guess so. I believe I'll pick up the item I requested by tomorrow morning. I should be out by then but...by any chance; would you happen to know where they are keeping my things?"

The man looked up in thought, a boyish innocence across his face. He snapped his fingers in remembrance. "Ah yes...I believe your items are being held by the man who begged for protection from the town. He doesn't live too far off so getting there shouldn't be problematic."

Veleanith nodded her head. "Much thanks, Fargo. Tell your wife I said 'ello?"

"You can tell her yourself when you see her." He chuckled as he started to walk off. He started to mutter as he walked. "Strange happenings..."

"Wait!"

Fargo turned back to her with a puzzled expression. She frowned. "What was that last part? What do you mean strange?"

"Strange people. Besides you I might add," He chuckled once more. "A female elf, gorgeous she is. A male elf, not sure from where...a giant of a being, oddest one yet...and then, a dark figure, a Drow if I'm not mistaken."

Veleanith's expression turned distant. "A Drow...really now...you don't say..." she mumbled, her eyes glowing golden in thought.

The man looked to her suspiciously. "You shouldn't be getting that look in your eyes. What would your brother be saying...?"

"Hush," she smirked. "My brother couldn't control me even in life and his death isn't going to either. I shall repeat myself from earlier. Much thanks...enjoy the rest of your evening and do try to avoid the sunlight."

"Oh yes, laugh it up," he sneered, a bit of a smile visible as he started to walk away muttering. "Just cause she can survive under the light gets all cocky to those who can't..."

Veleanith shook her head, waiting until he had left the area around her prison before she grew serious, her eyes gaining a devious glint. She turned her head to the ivy tightly woven to her wrists. Despite it looking small, it was quite a large quantity of the plant, made somewhat for situations as the one she was in now.

She whispered to the bracelet, low and quietly in a strange tongue. Several strands sprouted out from the bracelet, writhing about in the shade and the moonlight. Her eyes glowed brightly as she gave a fierce whisper. The plant writhed about wildly on her wrist, stopping suddenly and sticking straight out. It shot upwards suddenly, shoving itself into the lock on the chains binding her hands.

She kept a constant whisper as the plant went to work, forcing itself into the tiny lock of the cuffs. "Success..." A sound of metal breaking was heard, followed by the sound of it falling to the floor. She shook out her hand and held it out to her face. "Lovely." She didn't bother whispering to the ivy bracelet on her other wrist but instead yanked the chain from her wrist with her free hand.

Veleanith stretched out her arms and yawned. She started to walk to the cell bars but stopped, hearing the conversation of the guards nearby. She tip-toed backwards, looking out to the window, thick bars covering it up.

She hissed in her strange tongue, her arms extended out to the bars and the ivy from her wrists flew to the metal, effectively managing to rip the bars from the wall. She lowered her whisper, closing her eyes as she turned her arms to a corner, causing the ivy to lower the bars onto the ground.

Veleanith clapped her hands together and rubbed them together. She scaled up the wall and pushed herself through the window opening quickly rebounding onto her feet once outside. She turned quickly to each side, making sure the area was secure. Nobody seemed to be prowling around the area. She sighed, securing the small ribbon of ivy keeping her hair together at the bottom before she started on her venture.

'Despite my lack of a proper shadow attribute, I'll have to use the dark to my advantage, sneak around until I get to the target's house, recover my stuff, visit the old man, then get the hell out,'

She gave a laugh, shaking her head as she crept quietly into an alley. "All in a night's work."

Last edited by midnite127 on Dec 12th, 2004 at 07:38 AM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 07:30 AM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

((Indeed Dwarf dude, You are quite welcome to join I'm sure, just be sure to place your characters bio in the appropriate thread.))

Vistalzidar smiled at the man who looked like a giant version of the extinct beings known as humans he had seen in an ancient book and scratched his chin in thought.
"Work for me," Vistalzidar replied. "Join us on our quest and become my right hand man...I could use someone of your size and strength when I need to complete certain-" He stopped suddenly, realising he was about to say 'certain hits', "...tasks...when I need to complete certain tasks."
He pointed at the stranger with a silver arrow. "Do this for me and I shall keep silent." He glanced at the others, "As will my companions, though I can't speak for them."
He fixed the strangers black eyes with an icy silver glare. "Refuse, and I will do more than inform the city guards, if you take my meaning?"

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 11:02 AM
Dwarfdude
Official KMC F*ck Monkey

[-Coughs- embarrasment Yeah well......Anywho!]

Njord laughed heartily, but in good-humor, at this last comment. He nodded, understanding his meaning. He had never gone toe to toe with a drow before, and had no wish to. He looked at the city ahead.

"I go by Njord Axeson, if you wondered. And your name is...?"

He raised a questioning eyebrow, and then added.

"Oh, and your quest and tasks, may I inquire as to what they might include?"

He hoped they were on the same as his own, but it was a weak hope. He had long seeked adventurers that knew of the beings, and none did. But he always asked, always keeping a small ray of hope.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 03:24 PM
Dwarfdude is currently offline Click here to Send Dwarfdude a Private Message Find more posts by Dwarfdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Vistalzidar cocked his head to one side in thought. He supposed, if this man was going to be with them, he should know the truth.
"My name is Vistalzidar," He said and effected a bow in his saddle. "And as to our quest...We hunt that which has been running rife through the gossip mills all over this fine land. We hunt that which has massacred our people and will massacre many more. We seek those known in our tongues as the 'Death Eaters', the Gurtha Maten!"
Vistalzidar raised a quizzicle eyebrow. "Still willing to join us my freind?" he chuckled. "We head south after Mardonin to kill one, and only one, Gurtha Maten, in order to transport the body to the Court of Sand and Stone for study. With any luck, they will find an easy way for the beasts to be killed."
Vistalzidar removed his dagger and slit his palm with its razor sharp edge. then handed it hilt first to Njord. "I will need a blood oath from you, my gargantuous friend, or all bets are off and you will catch my earlier meaning in a heartbeat."
Vistalzidar waited with a smile curling his lips, wondering if Njord was really willing to swear in blood to a complete stranger. His hand rested lightly on the silver hilt of his Drow Shadow Sword and his smile broadened; Njord, it seemed, had little choice.

Last edited by Decomposition on Dec 12th, 2004 at 11:30 PM

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 11:23 PM
Agent HUNK
Umbrella Special Forces

Count My character as dead some how or kohldia can control him. I will be away for two months at least so i will do nothing but bog u down.

Regards, ImmortalSamurai

I believe that the sound of racking the pump of a shotgun is universally recognized as ‘kiss your a$$ goodbye'.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 12:44 AM
Agent HUNK is currently offline Click here to Send Agent HUNK a Private Message Find more posts by Agent HUNK Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kohldia
Wild One

Melcanin's mare stopped and turned her head to the rear, she tensed her jaw and ignored it for a moment until Betala would no longer move forward, she sighed and glanced behind, raising an eyebrow slightly and chuckling, "'Tis nothing Betala let us continue." The mare whinnied a little, nodding it would seem and continuing toward the gate of Mardonin, as she approached the large gate opened slowly, welcoming her.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 12:49 AM
Dwarfdude
Official KMC F*ck Monkey

Njord eyed the blade. He finally sighed, and slit the back of his left hand, letting the blood dripp onto the blade. The wound quickly healed, in fact in a matter of minutes, it had dissapeared, leaving only a small scar. He spoke in a low voice as they entered the gates of the fortified town.

"Tell me freind, would you happen to have a picture of these creatures you speak of? I have heard these rumors, and want to learn to look of one myself...."

A dog barked as they entered. Njord looked at it, muttered something ina rough tongue, and the dog quieted, sitting and wagging as they went by.

"Discretion is the better part of valor, as I always say."

He chuckled.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 01:20 AM
Kohldia
Wild One

Melcanin dismounted and walked through to the coralls, her mare following slowly behind her, she smiled up at the amber eyes of her friend, "Rest here and we shall gallop the fields in the morning dear friend." She whipered in elvish and took the large packs outside for Betala to rest.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 01:40 AM