KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Jahovas witness

Jahovas witness
Started by: KidRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Raz
Meister

Admin

quote:
Originally posted by Darth Revan
A) Complaining about annoying religious people is hardly philosophy
I agree. Moving...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 12:38 AM
Raz is currently offline Click here to Send Raz a Private Message Find more posts by Raz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BackFire
Blood. It's nature's lube

Violence usually solves the problem.

Also, slamming the door in their face also should solve the problem.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 12:56 AM
BackFire is currently offline Click here to Send BackFire a Private Message Find more posts by BackFire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ash007
Strength and Honour

cool all the mods have the word 'moderator' under there picture

With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.These words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie -- as awisdom, and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged.

"One ought never to turn one's back on a threatened danger and try to run away from it. If you do that, you will double the danger. But if you meet it promptly and without flinching, you will reduce the danger by half.-----Sir Winston Churchill

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 01:16 AM
ash007 is currently offline Click here to Send ash007 a Private Message Find more posts by ash007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

A baseball bat is a good solution

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 02:03 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

I can honestly say none have ever come to my home.... of course it might be the fact I lived on a farm all my life, and now live at the top of an apartment block. I almost feel jealous, don't you matter if you live in an inconvenient spot.... (note, not really jealous)

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 03:41 AM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Yeah, once a couple of guys dressed as Jehovah's Witnesses were at the door. They barged right in, and started stripping infront of my girlfriend.

That was kind of odd.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 03:43 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dwarfdude
Official KMC F*ck Monkey

The JW's were thrown out of NYC and NJ. They've learned that we dont like people who wake us up at 6:00 am, and say "Have you found Jesus?". Eventually, most people started doing one of two things. 1. Coming to the door with a shotgun/baseball bat, and 2. Coming to the door naked and saying "No! Come in and help me look for him!". That usually scares em off....

"Balance is best in all things." -The Odyssey

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:03 AM
Dwarfdude is currently offline Click here to Send Dwarfdude a Private Message Find more posts by Dwarfdude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fiery Eyes

LOL laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:49 AM
Fiery Eyes is currently offline Click here to Send Fiery Eyes a Private Message Find more posts by Fiery Eyes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tex
Yumsz

I'm no fan of fanatical religious people who try to convert you.
Especially pushy ones.

Every JW I've encountered has been very kind and courteous, not pushy at all.

I just kindly let them know that I'm not interested.
Or just dont open the door.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 05:50 AM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KidRock

quote:
Originally posted by BackFire
Violence usually solves the problem.

Also, slamming the door in their face also should solve the problem.

violence usually solved the problem hahahaha big grin

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 06:07 AM
KidRock is currently offline Click here to Send KidRock a Private Message Find more posts by KidRock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Shadow Z

I had this religious american guy come to my door with his mate and he was basically trying to question why I don't believe in God and all that nonsense. They are evil, I was spelling out to him that I had no faith or belief in religion but he was just trying to worm his way into the house where generally it would be much harder for me to get rid of them.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 01:32 PM
Lord Shadow Z is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Shadow Z a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Shadow Z Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

I just tell them I'm not interested and end of story. No need to use profanity of slam doors.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 06:40 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lil bitchiness
-

I had a friend who was JW and she was never ever pushy about ehr religion in any way. Its part of their service to go door to door, its what they do in their school thingy that they go to.

في هذا العالم ثلاثة أشخاص أفسدوا البشرية : راعي غنم , طبيب و راكب الجمال , و راكب الجمال هو أسوأ نشال و أسوأ مشعوذ بين الثلاثة

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 06:44 PM
lil bitchiness is currently offline Click here to Send lil bitchiness a Private Message Find more posts by lil bitchiness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

I just say that I didn't see the accident....

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:12 AM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
big gay kirk

seriously though, the witnesses round here are basically ok... most of them were born into it... the few who have converted or married in tend to be more fanatical, but they are always polite... the local ones know that I'm a student of religion, and we often discuss varying takes on Christian Doctrine and the history of the church.... they are also helping my son obtain his "World Faiths" activity badge at Cubs.... the thing that gave me more respect for them than anything was when I learned what happened to them in Germany in the thirties and forties... Hitler sent the wittnesses off to the death camps, made them wear pyrple triangles, and told them if they signed a bit of paper renouncing their beliefs and swore loyalty to Germany they would be free... but the witnesses said, "no thanks... we'd rather die in the gas chambers..."

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:17 AM
big gay kirk is currently offline Click here to Send big gay kirk a Private Message Find more posts by big gay kirk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gaca
KATIUSHA

God. What a bunch of rude, ignorant people you are. erm

I believe it's part of their service, just another religion who chose another way to 'enlighten' the 'sinners' . Slamming doors and laughing is not really the answer. I don't remember any Jehova witness knocking on my door, but I suppose I would just say 'no, thank you, I'm atheic' and close the door.

Recently I took part in a couple debates between Catholics and Jehova Witnesses. As a neutral, I suppose, though I listened more than talked. And although I think very low of all religious shit everyone sticks up your ass, they weren't ANY different from Christians. And really there are very small differences between those religions. THe big mistake Jehova Witesses make is to interpreter the Bible on their own. They take it too LITERALLY. That's all.

Get to know something before you jump out and start ranting.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 05:05 PM
Gaca is currently offline Click here to Send Gaca a Private Message Find more posts by Gaca Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

I told one that if he didn't get the hell off of my doorway I'd go and get My shotgun.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 06:31 PM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

quote:
Originally posted by Dwarfdude
2. Coming to the door naked and saying "No! Come in and help me look for him!". That usually scares em off....

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 06:40 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cepheus

and well to tell u the truth never a JW has knowcked my door and asked me to join their religion...
only mormons... lol i remember once i was in a shopping mall with a mate fo mine (he's a bit of a goth) and a mormon asked us to join him and he'd take us to find god and blah blah... and my friend (he was just mocking the guy) he started yelling "don't touch me! god will fail!!! SATAN WILL RISE!! I FEEL IT!!" the mormon just ran off i laughed my arse off
but when they try to 'recruit' me i just kindly say no thank youy am not interested, cause to tell u the truth at least they're doing something that is right for them, so there's no need to b rude with them

Old Post Dec 11th, 2004 06:44 PM
Cepheus is currently offline Click here to Send Cepheus a Private Message Find more posts by Cepheus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
omega_star_23

I am wiccan, so I answer my door with my pentical necklace and earrings on and usually they just walk away..I have never incountered a puchy JW they were always friendly etc, once I did invit them in for some herbal tea :-D I had a lovely conversation with them and they left knowing I was not interested and never came back :-D There really is no reason to be rude to them, they are just doing what they have been taught to do, so you may not agree with it oh well. Why not just put up a sign that says I'm a satanist back off on your front door? that should deterr them :-D

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 01:50 PM
omega_star_23 is currently offline Click here to Send omega_star_23 a Private Message Find more posts by omega_star_23 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote