KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dark Phoenix versus All Life

Dark Phoenix versus All Life
Started by: Blain

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

and i bet the matrix could do quite a number on her as well...

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 05:13 AM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blain

Nope, they'd be easy prey.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 02:08 PM
Blain is currently offline Click here to Send Blain a Private Message Find more posts by Blain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I think about any of the Summers offspring would be a formidable foe for the Dark Phoenix especially since it's said that their abilities rival her in power. ( Cable " current ", X-Man, Stryfe, Rachel. )

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 02:30 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

quote:
Originally posted by Blain
She has beaten Galactus plenty of times, I have the pics to prove it. Too bad this board won't let me post them.

That was Phoenix, but Galactus was exhausted (energy depleted), but in a sense he didn't lose either

quote:
Originally posted by Kontraz
Megatron could kill her... blackholes can do wonders...

and i bet the matrix could do quite a number on her as well...

When did Megatron ever have control of a blackhole? And, the Matrix has been able to take down Unicron and that posession virus (can't remember the correct name), but I doubt would have an effect on Dark Phoenix.

quote:
Originally posted by Nathaniel Grey
I think about any of the Summers offspring would be a formidable foe for the Dark Phoenix especially since it's said that their abilities rival her in power. ( Cable " current ", X-Man, Stryfe, Rachel.

X-Man is genetically altered. He may burn out before he can throw in a finishing blow and I don't think any of the other offspring would do any good. Rachel's father was never truly specified. Granted, it's most likely Cyclops as I think she acknowledges him as so, but it could possibly be another's (hint hint...).

If Living Tribunal doesn't oppose her, at the very least a band of lesser cosmic beings would dispense her with little problems.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:25 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

quote:
Originally posted by radioboy121
X-Man is genetically altered. He may burn out before he can throw in a finishing blow and I don't think any of the other offspring would do any good. Rachel's father was never truly specified. Granted, it's most likely Cyclops as I think she acknowledges him as so, but it could possibly be another's (hint hint...).

Burn out? Maybe. He's done it before when he faced Cable and when he lost his telepathy so I don't dispute the fact that though he might stand to to toe with the Dark Phoenix for awhile but ultimately she'd win out over him. But Cable on the other hand has currently displayed a level of power and control that would sufficiently rival those of Dark Phoenix. It's been mentioned time and again that he's perhaps the greatest of the mutant psionics. So I couldn't count him out when facing this threat. Unlike Nate Grey he has extreme control over his powers and has performed God-Like capabilities over the recent months. ( See CABLE #100-107, Soldier X #1-12, Cable & Deadpool #1-9 for details. )

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 04:44 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Maestro

You do know Cable loses in the upcoming match against Silver Surfer, so I don't see how he would rival Dark Phoenix.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 05:08 PM
Maestro is currently offline Click here to Send Maestro a Private Message Find more posts by Maestro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Blain: to post pics you need to attach them.

just write something in the reply box and instead of hitting 'submit reply', click the 'preview' button, you'll be able to attach your pics that way.

by Scythe

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 05:34 PM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

It's due to the lack of character continuity in the Marvel Universe. One writer doesn't always observe the power of abilities of a character as much as another might. For Example in The Adventure of Cyclops & Phoenix issue #4 page 16, Rachel from the Future a.k.a Mother Askani tells Nathan ( Cable ) " Here and now, Nate, you possess as much, if not more power than me or any other telepath combined. Telepathically you are strong enough to sense a stray thought a continent away. Telekinetically, you could extinguish a star with something less than a conscious effort. " Also in " From the Books of the Askani -- X-Men : Phoenix #1-3 " Rachel who possesses the Phoenix force realizes that even its powers are dwarfed by the chosen one ( Cable ) who she awaits. Because apparently only Cable has the power to destroy Apocalypse -- which he ends up doing for the moment. And since according to Cable #29 Nate Grey's powers equal those of the Dark Phoenix and Cable/X-Man have the same unfettered power then it's apparent that Cable has the power to go toe to toe with the Phoenix.

It all depends on the writers really. They don't usually go back to other peoples work to find out how they portrayed a characters power and abilities. They do it from their own perspective.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 05:42 PM
Kontraz
Soundwave: Superior

Megatron's always been able to produce black holes. You know the big gun on his arm? Yeah, its powered by creating a little warp-gate deal to a blackhole somewhere in the universe. And after a bit of self-reprogramming, megatron has taught himself how to use that power to create blackholes wherever he wants.

and the matrix... well... it is suppsed to "light our darkest hour", and seeing as this is DARK pheonix we are talking about, and it is a threat to all life (just as unicron was), im willing to bed that "an autobot shall rise from our ranks... and use the power of the matrix... to light our darkest hour..." know what that means? Bye-bye birdie.

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 08:55 PM
Kontraz is currently offline Click here to Send Kontraz a Private Message Find more posts by Kontraz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mr.smiley

I belive if jean couldn't control dark phoenix and the dark side had enough time yeah she could deystroy all life

http://soundcloud.com/pytt-1

Old Post Dec 6th, 2004 11:59 PM
mr.smiley is currently offline Click here to Send mr.smiley a Private Message Find more posts by mr.smiley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Starbrand would most likey snuff out Dark Phoenix as even the LT is afraid its power.

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 12:20 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

This is how it happens! Somewhere on the outerlimits of Genosha...

Rougue: Man she is really annoying.
Cyclops: (whimper) Why?
Wolverine: Because you touch yourself at night!
Cyclops: I have a clear shot...
Prof X: No Scott, you suck to much!
Jubilee: You realize our universe is at stake right?
Prof X: Not now Jubilee, if I can focus I may...augh!!!
Cyclops: Whats wrong?
Prof X: I...need...(cough) heelp!!!
Wolverine: Well...that didnt work!
Cyclopssadwhimper) I will find you Jean!!!
(The group stare at Scott horrified)
Jubilee: Does this affect my grade?
Cyclops: Oh Jean...I should of had sex with you when I had the chance!
Wolverine: (mumbling) damn pussy
Rogue: Its ok lil' buddy (goes to pat Scott)
Prof X: Jean...come back! I am in your mind.
Wolverine: Great! Now the bald man is acting up again.
Cycops: What? This is a great man.
Jubilee: Yeah! Show dick sum respect.
Prof X: Jean...why must you continue this? augh!!!
(Proffessors head begins spinning until it pops off)
(Darth Vader enters)
Vader: Well...this is indeed a distrbing universe.
(Everyone runs away)
And yes, Starwars was a comic series!

miffed miffed miffed stick out tongue miffed miffed

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 12:49 AM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

laughing

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 01:09 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmo Kramer

Not quite one of Arsenals classics but I like it

Old Post Dec 7th, 2004 01:35 AM
Cosmo Kramer is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmo Kramer a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmo Kramer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

quote:
Originally posted by Krissy Von Doom
Mephisto?!

Mephisto's all magic somthing Dark Phoenix is very weak against

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:12 AM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Ife so, against All Life, Dark Phoenix would come up short if there were beings like the Skyfathers fighting against her.

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 01:49 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

yes

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 01:59 AM
Cosmo Kramer

Silver Surfer would stop her

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 02:26 AM
supremthor

how

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 02:33 AM
Molecule man

Even Galan himself is no match against Dark Phoenix how is Surfer able to do anything at all. Surfer would be destroyed easily

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 06:09 AM
Molecule man is currently offline Click here to Send Molecule man a Private Message Find more posts by Molecule man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote