KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Horror Movies » the one thing i hate about going to see horror movies...

the one thing i hate about going to see horror movies...
Started by: tabby999

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roundisfunny

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned that ever-growing segment of the movie-going population who not only leave their ringers on, but answer and converse LOUDLY during the movie. That's high on my list.

Also up there are these trailer- or ghetto-trash parents who bring their infants/toddlers/small children to R-rated movies. The kids invariably talk, yell, cry, run around, and generally make a nuisance of themselves.

In the town where I grew up, an enlightened theater chain began a policy that would not allow parents to bring children under a certain age (six, I think) into PG-13 or R-rated movies starting after 6PM. I'm not a bit surprised that this isn't a more widely practiced policy, as most theaters couldn't bear the loss of $50 or so by turning away such a client.

Raising Arizona, 1987

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 04:58 AM
roundisfunny is currently offline Click here to Send roundisfunny a Private Message Find more posts by roundisfunny Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I hate kids who bring laser pointers to the movies

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 05:02 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Morning_Glory
Sleeping In My Soul

so was the popcorn good.....

i hate how a SMALL popcorn cost $4.00... what a rip off...

SAW was different! liked the little clown guy on his tricycle

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 05:05 AM
Morning_Glory is currently offline Click here to Send Morning_Glory a Private Message Find more posts by Morning_Glory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

I usually bring candy there, and only buy nacho's and a soda

Rob Owns You, Barbarossa, Tired Hiker, Fearnix, Ronny, Raven Guardia, Wolflet, DEM, spidergrl, Dr. Strangelove, eggmayo, Filth, Korri, JM, Ken Kenobi, ~Sir Mist~, Lana

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 05:19 AM
SlipknoT is currently offline Click here to Send SlipknoT a Private Message Find more posts by SlipknoT Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

where i went you buy a mediem popcorn and regular coke for bout $6.40 ($3.20ish US), the drink was that "powdered add water stuff" which was weak, but the popcorn was decent, lasted about half hour, which was pretty good.

and yeah, i make sure my mobile phones not on, not even silent, they're still annoying as **** going off. have you seen people throwing popcorn and shit at the screen. i want to hurt them

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 07:41 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

Yup I can all be dead annoying sometimes and it makes me sick, but one thing I really hate is stupit girls SCREAMING!!!! all the time, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA OMG did he kill him? AAAAAAAAAAAAAA NO DON'T DO THAT AAAAAAAAAAAAaaaa, the whole movie..... sad

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 01:02 PM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evil Dead
Enemy of the Gospel

I went to see Freddy vs Jason...........this white trash dick had his pre-school daughter with him (1 pm showing)..........

yeah.......foul language, sex, nudity, dismemberment..........it's a wonder the movie wasn't rated G.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 01:41 PM
Evil Dead is currently offline Click here to Send Evil Dead a Private Message Find more posts by Evil Dead Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I haven't had any problems, I normally go to the cinema on a wednesday and thursday when there isn't a lot of people.

I have heard people in a queue line talking about films and when they mention something which isn't right I want to correct them but don't lol.

Normally lucky, went to see Dawn of the Dead remake and there were a bunch of people at the preview screening who started talking to me about the movie and Romero's movies, and they knew what they were talking about.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 04:43 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

the prices at cinemas are incredibly high....i heard that the popcorn and drinks only cost a few pence to make...but they sell it to the public for about 3-4 pounds!

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 05:29 PM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
thegreatrudini
Violator of the innocent

Thats because most cinemas only make money on the food and drinks because the movies cost so much to hire

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 08:58 PM
thegreatrudini is currently offline Click here to Send thegreatrudini a Private Message Find more posts by thegreatrudini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zombieman
The Undead

Re: the one thing i hate about going to see horror movies...

quote:
Originally posted by tabby999
as i'm sure all of you do, i love going to the movies. popcorn, cola, big screen, good sound quality, its all sweet. the one thing i really REALLY hate about going to the movies is standing in line with idiots.
i went and saw "Saw" on saturday (leave me alone, only just got released in Aus ok) and got to stand behind 6 people, 3 sets of boyfriends and girlfriends. not fussed about this, just chillin, nibbling at my popcorn, waiting to go in. then they start talking really loudly about their "horror movie veiwing." i dont know about you guys in the US but our posters for Saw has "best thriller/suspense (whatever) movies since Se7en" on it as one of the blurbs. one of the girls notices this and this is when the conversation got really freaking annoying. "oh hay look, they recon its the best movie since Se7en" "what movies that" "you know that movie we watched with brad pitt in it" "that one we watched last night" "yeah that one" "what was the ending like i fell asleep, it was so boring"

well i nearly choked on my popcorn. i love Se7en, and it is a freaking tops movie, and these weiners have some to see a movie of similar type the night after sleeping through it.

then the boyfriends start throwing all these little lines back and forth about all their "gory horrible movies" they have to impress their girlfriends. you know "hellraiser" "friday the 13th" "nightmare one elm street" and "TCM." half the stuff they talked about in the movie was pretty off the mark, i wanted to correct them, but i helld my tounge (i bet C-Dic and Evil Dead and probibly Backfire all have trouble not lecturing people in the cinema too).
during the movie, i ended up sitting infront of these weiners, listening to the girls go "oh my god, hes going to cut his foot off" "oh my god, he got his throat cut" "oh my god hes going to get shot" all thought it.
then when i was leaving, i heard all these gung-ho gore lover boyfriends talking about "how grossed out they were" by the movie and how "they shouldn't be allowed to put this kind of stuff in movies"
i dunno about you but i was ready to smack them up side the head with my empty popcorn box at this stage, gave them a horribly nasty look and left.
do any of you guys get these big noting morons in your theaters? do they talk all through your movies, ruining all chances of suspence and tension? do you? i ****ing hope not

Have you ever considered decaffe? I work in an art centre which also doubles as a cinema, I hate most multiplex cinemas for the reasons metioned in this thread but the place where I work is a good place to watch a film for several reasons: 1) The screens are fully licenced so you can take alchohol in. 2) There are very rarely any kids in the building. 3) It shows all kinds of classic, including some decnt horror like Halloween, Texas Chainsaw (original) and Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer. 4) Its a very nice building, not a dirty shithole like most comercial cinemas. - Thats all I can think of right now, but art house cinemas are definately the way forward.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 11:34 PM
zombieman is currently offline Click here to Send zombieman a Private Message Find more posts by zombieman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

^
I wish we had that kind of cinema whare I live sad I've never seen any of the great horrors from the 80's on the big screen, they mostly just show stupit stuff, like cheap ass vin dieasel action shit and stuff like that, and everutime they show a big picture like, LOTR or Troy aso, it costs 15$ for 1 ticket

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 12:26 AM
Lord Andres is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Andres a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Andres Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SlipknoT
Restricted

Account Restricted

$15!!!?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 02:23 AM
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

its about that here, i went in with concesion and got a cheap ticket. it costs around $20 for a ticket and popcorn in Aus. and we dont have many arthouse cinemas (well i've not been able to find them)

I am aware that "your" should be "you're," and while I know I should change it as not to offend the grammar fans around the boards, school always said not to bow to peer pressure so it stays as it is

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 04:03 AM
tabby999 is currently offline Click here to Send tabby999 a Private Message Find more posts by tabby999 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

I never bother buying concessions at the cinema. I either eat before I go, or just slip something in. In all honesty, I don't eat there out of respect for the other movie lovers. If only all cinema snacks were in PLASTIC baggies, even popcorn, it would be so much quieter.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 07:40 AM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deano

there is mcdonalds right outside the cinema where i go..i normally go there for somethin to eat...and sneak the food into the cinema smile

"How about this? Shut your mouth...Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and shut it for you."

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 08:07 AM
Deano is currently offline Click here to Send Deano a Private Message Find more posts by Deano Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tabby999
Music Idiot apparently

yeah, i normally take something. but popcorn is the ultimate movie snack really, with a cola, pure brilliance. completes the movie going experiance for me

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 08:20 AM
Lord Andres
Wanted Dead or Alive

ypu that right slipknot, 85 Danish Kroner, = 15$ US dollars

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 03:59 PM
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't buy anything to eat or drink, just the cinema ticket. Take a bottle of water and that's it.

Tickets cost £4.00 at the big cinema near me, that is about $7/8 a ticket.

It's about the same in the Arthouse cinema also just down the road from the multiplex cinema.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 05:57 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eggmayo

£4.50 at the Vue near me.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2004 06:06 PM
eggmayo is currently offline Click here to Send eggmayo a Private Message Find more posts by eggmayo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote