KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » How to underestimate Bond's influence: a chart

How to underestimate Bond's influence: a chart
Started by: yerssot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
yerssot

and you should start seeing those too wink

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 12:32 AM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

where was that? huh

tricked me once - shame on you, tricked me twice - shame on me

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 05:33 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

what?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 05:35 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Clovie

that audience..ppl who voted huh

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 05:39 PM
Clovie is currently offline Click here to Send Clovie a Private Message Find more posts by Clovie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I don't follow blink

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 05:45 PM
Clovie

yhm...

how did they make this chart.
pll voted, or what? confused

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 05:49 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

Re: How to underestimate Bond's influence: a chart

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
[...]
Looks pretty shitty huh? From the 20 Bond movies, only 7 got the top 100...[...]
not at all to me messed out of ALL the UK movies ever, 7 Bond movies are a damn lot! no matter who watched when!
and it's not given that they judge it with bond-fans' criteria (even so not all movies were masterpieces, right?), they have to be movies that, as a whole, respond to people's general liking yes

so all in all I think Bond did well big grinthumb up

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 06:04 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes, but my point, evy, is that in the '60s-'70s, going to the movies wasn't as popular as it is now. These days it is normal to go to the movies weekly or a few times a week, at that point it very much wasn't and I think they should have thought of that: society and how to spend their free time changes!
quote:
Originally posted by Clovie
yhm...

how did they make this chart.
pll voted, or what? confused

no, they just went to see the movie

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 06:19 PM
Clovie

i don't understand sad

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:29 PM
yerssot

that they just see how many people go messed

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 07:49 PM
Clovie

to the cinema?

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:00 PM
yerssot

yes messed

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:09 PM
Clovie

i got it at last

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:23 PM
yerssot

yay happy

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:24 PM
Clovie

yeah

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:30 PM
yerssot

so what is your opinion eek!

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:32 PM
Clovie

that there should be goldeneye

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 08:38 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
yes, but my point, evy, is that in the '60s-'70s, going to the movies wasn't as popular as it is now. These days it is normal to go to the movies weekly or a few times a week, at that point it very much wasn't and I think they should have thought of that: society and how to spend their free time changes!
oooh... so the poll was based on a statistic with regard to the viewers? messed and are you sure they didn't take it into consideration? erm

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 09:14 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

yes to both your queries (I always wanted to use that word happy )

they just wrote down how many people saw the movies in the cinema, without even thinking that in the last few years it is not 'a'-normal to go a few times to the same movie or just in general more to the cinema

Old Post Dec 8th, 2004 09:34 PM
kalsolar

When you take into account the tastes of the average Joe, then 7 out of the 20 is good going in my opinion. That's more than a third of all bond movies...and lets be honest...as much as we love em, not all of them truely make the grade. The likes of octopussy and TMWTGG spring to mind as examples. OHMSS is a wonderful bond..but well...it was never going to do that well with the unknown mr lazenby in the leading role. (Even though he does well over all). And there are probably simple reasons why many of the others didnt totally do it for the general public. DAF is another example of an average bond.

Old Post Dec 9th, 2004 09:52 PM
kalsolar is currently offline Click here to Send kalsolar a Private Message Find more posts by kalsolar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote