KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Young Jedi Knights

Young Jedi Knights
Started by: Julie

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Julie
The Student

How long have they existed?????

Old Post Apr 24th, 2002 01:15 AM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

Since 99 I think

Old Post Apr 24th, 2002 02:30 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

oh

In that case of forty some odd Star Wars books I got almost the entire collection of YJK.....though I've read them all

Old Post Apr 25th, 2002 09:56 PM
Click here to Send Julie a Private Message Find more posts by Julie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LanceWindu

I don't own a single one.

I read every single one of them from the library.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2002 01:28 AM
Click here to Send LanceWindu a Private Message Find more posts by LanceWindu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Actually, Diversity Alliance, which isn't my favorite YJK book, was the first ...or close to the first....Star Wars book I ever read. I won some sort of reading contest at the library and in the grab bag of junk I found a Star Wars book....it looked like the best thing in the entire box so I took it big grin
That started me on non-stop Star Wars reading wink

Old Post Apr 28th, 2002 03:09 AM
LanceWindu

That's cool. What was the contest?

Old Post Apr 28th, 2002 02:09 PM
Julie
The Student

Every time you reaad a book you wrote your name and the title and your rating of the book on a little entry form. I didn't work back then so I read about 10 books in 2 weeks. They randomly drew 10 slips out a week ...and I won...twice in fact wink

Old Post Apr 28th, 2002 06:29 PM
LanceWindu

HaHa.

I bet there weren't too many people that actually participated though.

Old Post Apr 28th, 2002 06:31 PM
Julie
The Student

probably true....but even if tehy did I think they were all abot 12 and read about a book a month.....not much of a competition for an avid reader with a lot of time on her hands wink

Old Post Apr 28th, 2002 06:49 PM
Julie
The Student

I just thought I'd resurrect this discussion seeing that Gordon skywalker also enjoyed this series

Old Post Apr 8th, 2003 02:36 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Yes I do. I was excited when I first bought and read Lightsabers and Jedi Under Siege back in '97. The whole Special Edition was being released at that same time, and I got into the Star Wars books after seeing A New Hope SE with my best friends. Afterwards, I eventually read them all up to Siege and then the trilogy they did to end the series. They were great little books,too. Between them and Jedi Apprentice(see my thread!) this was what literary Star Wars was all about!

Old Post Apr 8th, 2003 03:38 AM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

Oh and I liked Zekk the best, along with that girl who was a princess or something...the one that could climb.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2003 03:39 AM
Click here to Send GordonSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by GordonSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Julie
The Student

Tenel Ka, Fact!

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 04:21 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

That was her name! Ok , I somehow forgot it! She and Zekk were my faves. smile

Last edited by GordonSkywalker on Apr 9th, 2003 at 12:21 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 12:12 PM
Julie
The Student

She's cool....but I was more a fan of the Solo twins....I dunno just one of those things...
I think that Tenel Ka's history was cool and the character was interesting.......

Old Post Apr 9th, 2003 10:02 PM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

She had an air of mystery about her that really came into the light in Lightsabers. No one except Master Skywalker knew the secret of her family until sometime in the course of that story.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 01:49 AM
Julie
The Student

I don't think I really liked that story...compared to all the others ...but I do now as I look back and remember it.....for some reason I found the silly little story of Shadow academy and Darkest KNight....to be quite interesting

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 03:52 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

I enjoyed The Lost Ones and Shadow Academy because of the storyline based on how Zekk had the potential to become a Jedi Knight, but the Solos never considered it due to his poverty-stricken life. I always thought that was very hypocritical of them.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2003 01:26 PM
Julie
The Student

hypocritical......all I remember is the [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Zekk trying to eat the decoration

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 03:57 AM
GordonSkywalker
The Watcher

Account Restricted

No that is NOT what I was thinking of!

Old Post Apr 11th, 2003 04:26 AM