KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » X-Men » polaris.

polaris.
Started by: kohl

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
gambit88
Blackout

quote:
Originally posted by malkavian
ma fav is Gambit, always has been
when i was i kid i always had a deck of cards with me
ya never know when ya could use them smile

i'm with you though polaris has always been ok in my book until she freaked out and went after havok and the nurse then she went down alot but gambit is my fav of course i still do carry a deck of cards but then again i play rummi whenever i can

chickens fun chickens good chickens part of the neighborhood

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 05:33 AM
gambit88 is currently offline Click here to Send gambit88 a Private Message Find more posts by gambit88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kohl
into the void

quote:
Originally posted by RoguePw25
i love polaris! Didn't she used to date Havok?

she did.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 03:21 PM
kohl is currently offline Click here to Send kohl a Private Message Find more posts by kohl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

I think she ended up finding out that she was magnetos daughter and going mad because of it.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 07:33 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kohl
into the void

i guess having her mind messed with so many times just caught up with her.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 07:51 PM
kohl is currently offline Click here to Send kohl a Private Message Find more posts by kohl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kohl
into the void

a few more.

Attachment: polaris17.jpg
This has been downloaded 156 time(s).

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 07:55 PM
kohl
into the void

//

Attachment: polaris18.jpg
This has been downloaded 133 time(s).

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 07:56 PM
kohl
into the void

///

Attachment: polaris19.jpg
This has been downloaded 147 time(s).

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 07:56 PM
kohl
into the void

////

Attachment: polaris20.jpg
This has been downloaded 144 time(s).

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 07:57 PM
gambit88
Blackout

yea havok jilted her at her wedding and she went berserk and started goin after everyone

chickens fun chickens good chickens part of the neighborhood

Old Post Mar 12th, 2004 11:53 PM
gambit88 is currently offline Click here to Send gambit88 a Private Message Find more posts by gambit88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Polaris

Affiliation: None
Previous Affiliations: Magneto's government, X-Factor, Marauders, X-Men
Aliases: Queen of the Mutants, Magnetrix
Relatives: Zaladane (sister)?
Powers: Control over all forms of magnetism. Very similar to Magneto, but not quite as powerful. Originally Iceman's girlfriend, Lorna discovered she was a mutant when she was controlled by Mesmero. She and Magneto were also convinced that they were father and daughter, due to the similar natures of their powers, although that was quickly disproved, and the Magneto revealed as a robot double. After being freed from his influence, Polaris joined the X-Men, and soon became involved with Alex Summers (Havok). When the second generation of X-Men was assembled, Alex and Lorna retired from super-heroing, and with a few short exceptions, spent their time pursuing each other and their degrees in geology. However, soon after the Mutant Massacre, the Marauders came calling, and Lorna was possessed by Malice. Under Malice's influence Polaris led the Marauders, but when Zaladane, who may be her sister, stole her powers, Lorna's bond with Malice was broken. Following that, she became a nexus for negative energies, and became super-strong and invulnerable as those energies powered her up. Unfortunately, her status as a nexus was perceived by the Shadow King, who used Polaris as a gateway to allow him access to our world from the astral plane. After the Shadow King was defeated, Lorna's powers returned, most likely due to Zaladane's death a short time before. Polaris was then recruited into the government-sponsored X-Factor, and was a mainstay of the team until the attack by Sabretooth, when Shard merged with her. Following their separation, Lorna was left alone, without Havok, who had been captured by Dark Beast and brainwashed, and without the support structure of the team, which had been torn apart in Creed's attack. When Havok finally revealed that his "terrorist" activities had been a front for his true undercover work, Lorna forgave him, although she dumped him. She also rejoined X-Factor, only to watch as Alex was blown up in a faulty time machine. Lorna left X-Factor to grieve and the group disbanded. Months later, Nightcrawler ran into Lorna in a church, nad she confided in him that she felt she was being followed, and that she was sure Alex was alive because The Living Monolith hadn't returned. Little did she know that she was right on both counts. A group of Skrulls working with Apocalypse was indeed shadowing her, and broke into her apartment to retrieve the headgear from Alex's original costume. Lorna freaked, even after the X-Men set a trap for the Skrulls and found their base. However, she was then found to be listed as one of the fabled Twelve, and journeyed with the X-Men to Egypt to battle Apocalypse. Lorna was captured along with the rest of The Twelve, but when Magneto's failing power short-circuited Apocalypse's plan and the Monolith burst free as well, Magneto somehow tapped into Lorna's power and was able to command the magnetic field with incredible force. After Apocalypse was defeated, Lorna returned to Genosha with Magneto to supply him with power and help him keep order. She believed she was doing it for the greater good, but also knew that she enjoyed the education in her powers that she was receiving. In the end, Magneto launched a full-scale assault on Carrion Cove, the last city opposing his rule, in order to gain access to technology that would restore his full abilities. Polaris decided to try and stop him, but was defeated and fled the country following Magneto's return to full power.
Later, when Magneto captured Professor X as the first step in a war against humanity, Polaris returned to Genosha to help evacuate the humans still living there. After Wolverine nearly crippled Magneto, Polaris stayed to help him recover and maintain order. At this time that Lorna began running genetic tests on Magneto and herself, while investigating the plane crash that killed her parents. To her shock, she discovered that all the metal on her parents' plane had been magnetized and that she was Magneto's genetic daughter! She left Genosha in a hurry.

After coming to terms with her discovery, Polaris returned to Genosha, and found out that Magneto had known of her research and its results and had proclaimed them to his people, so she was greeted as a returning princess. Lorna was still there when the Sentinels sent by Cassandra Nova decimated the island's population. Polaris fled the scene, and survived the radiation surges and power blasts. For months she struggled to contain the electromagnetic fields of the dead, nearly going crazy in the process, until the X-Men visited Genosha and found her. They managed to break through to Polaris, and rescued her from the ravaged country. A few weeks later, Polaris apparently heard that Havok had been located, and showed up at the Mansion to reunite with him. Finding Alex's nurse Annie Ghazakhanian yelling at his unconscious form to release her son Carter (who had become trapped in Alex's mind), Lorna attacked with scalpels, even bruising Northstar when he tried to stop her. Finally Lorna was calmed, though she blew Annie off with cruel abandon, and then launched herself at Alex when he regained consciousness moments later. Lorna was all over Alex, as if marking her territory, and then stunning everyone when she asked him to marry her. Alex accepted, and then the two of them left the Mansion to reconnect as they planned their wedding.

Unfortunately, Alex left Lorna at the altar and Lorna went nuts, manufacturing a Magneto helmet out of flatware and attempting to kill Alex, Annie and Carter. Lorna was finally brought down by Juggernaut and upon being returned to the Mansion under restraints agreed to let Professor X into her mind to unravel the cause of her recent personality shift. Lorna goaded Annie into joining the telepathic party, and revealed to them the truth about her relationship to Magneto, as well as the horrific experience of living through the Genoshan Massacre. Lorna remains under guard at the Mansion.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 12:24 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

Zaladane is her sister??!!.... amazing!!!.... but.... who's Zaladane? embarrasment

by Scythe

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 06:07 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Paola
Ronin

oh and great pics kohl..... they have gone straight to my Polaris collection thumb up

by Scythe

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 06:08 AM
Paola is currently offline Click here to Send Paola a Private Message Find more posts by Paola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kohl
into the void

paola: zaladane was a savage land mutate. she was in an episode of the animated series, and is able to summon garokk.

Attachment: zaladane.jpg
This has been downloaded 138 time(s).

Old Post Mar 13th, 2004 05:19 PM
Paola
Ronin

wow!!

are all savage land mutants creations of Magneto?

by Scythe

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 03:54 AM
kohl
into the void

yeah. he didn't create them per se but enhanced their existing mutations.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2004 05:45 PM
Paola
Ronin

oh ok..... I've just read X-Men Adventures ans Zaladane was there yes
also I didn't know about Sauron being human blink

by Scythe

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 03:34 AM
kohl
into the void

the truth is out. :>

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 02:10 PM
Dregh

I always liked Gambit...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2004 04:15 PM
Dregh is currently offline Click here to Send Dregh a Private Message Find more posts by Dregh Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kohl
into the void

then i bet you will like the gambit thread.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 05:13 AM
kohl
into the void

//

Attachment: lorna.jpg
This has been downloaded 114 time(s).

Old Post Mar 16th, 2004 05:20 AM