KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Sci-Fi / Fantasy » Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events

Lemony Snickets: A Series of Unfortunate Events
Started by: twiqh

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

It looks pretty good, being a complete Harry Potter look-alike and all. All and all, I still think it's being overhyped.

Old Post Dec 12th, 2004 11:13 PM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Napalm
Mr. Hyde

Yet another movie I wont see this year.

Bud list SlipknoT,42bardock,Freddy love,Similing Sadly,Mr Parker, Jackie Malfoy,Aku

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 01:07 AM
Napalm is currently offline Click here to Send Napalm a Private Message Find more posts by Napalm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote:
Originally posted by JKozzy
It looks pretty good, being a complete Harry Potter look-alike and all. All and all, I still think it's being overhyped.

the story is nothing like HP. Its based VERY strongly on a Scientific and Industrial idea, everything looks in the stories like machines... almost like a Jules Verne universe. Everything is pale and metallic.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 01:14 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

I'm just basing it on the preview, and that's my interpretation from the preview. I haven't, and don't plan to, read the books or anything further, most likely.

edit: Upon watching it again, I stand by my previous statement... the kids are orphaned and go to live with someone they don't want to, and there are magical and mystical things going on... I wouldn't say too scientific, it looks like a HarryPotter-esque fantasy film to me.

Last edited by JKozzy on Dec 13th, 2004 at 01:43 AM

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 01:35 AM
JKozzy is currently offline Click here to Send JKozzy a Private Message Find more posts by JKozzy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I'm going to go see it for sure. I'm intrigued by it. It seems like it will be entertaining. The thing I don't get is that in the small print of the movie poster it says, "Jim Carey Jude Law as the voice of Leminey Cricketts" or whatever that character's name is.

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 02:46 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKozzy
Agent Kozzy

Hm... odd confused where's this movie poster?

Old Post Dec 13th, 2004 03:09 AM
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

quote:
Originally posted by The Tired Hiker
I'm going to go see it for sure. I'm intrigued by it. It seems like it will be entertaining. The thing I don't get is that in the small print of the movie poster it says, "Jim Carey Jude Law as the voice of Leminey Cricketts" or whatever that character's name is.

Lemony Snicket is in the story stick out tongue so someone plays his part stick out tongue he's the narrarator stick out tongue

oh and we will see it tommarrow more then likely... i've only heard good things big grin

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 02:58 AM
RaventheOnly is currently offline Click here to Send RaventheOnly a Private Message Find more posts by RaventheOnly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Imperial_Samura
Anticrust Smurf

I have heard good things about it, and it does look quite good (anything Dark and black like that must have at least some redeeming features), and I respect the series as being the one that finally took Harry Potters place on the New York best sellers list (well, some Harry Potters at least)

From even the greatest of horrors irony is seldom absent.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2004 12:44 PM
Imperial_Samura is currently offline Click here to Send Imperial_Samura a Private Message Find more posts by Imperial_Samura Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shaolin Monk
Tech Junkie

watched it yesterday

I thought Jim Carrey was awesome as Count Olaf. I found myself bored at times though. I didn't necessarily like the film, but I did like the casting, and I did like what Brad Silberling did (he also directed Casper). I think the younger audience will really enjoy it.

<`Syntax> iListen to pink floyd: wall.modify(numBricks++);

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 12:57 AM
Shaolin Monk is currently offline Click here to Send Shaolin Monk a Private Message Find more posts by Shaolin Monk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

Well I liked it smile

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 09:08 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wolfie
Keep on howling!

It was good.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 08:38 AM
Wolfie is currently offline Click here to Send Wolfie a Private Message Find more posts by Wolfie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Strangelove
Misunderstood Genius

Probably worth seeing but pales in comparison to the books, which occurs 95% of the time

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 10:53 AM
Strangelove is currently offline Click here to Send Strangelove a Private Message Find more posts by Strangelove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazy

i loved it, i thought i would hate it

Old Post Dec 31st, 2004 12:54 AM
crazy is currently offline Click here to Send crazy a Private Message Find more posts by crazy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DetectiveDupin

a forum

if any of you are interested in a series of unfortunate events, i have a forum and its all about a series of unfortunate events. here is the link if anyone is interested, this is all one word and the dots stand for a period and the spaces are nonexistant. i hope this is not too confusing for you: asouefans dot pro boards 36 dot com

but if anyone joins there are passwords on there so you have to pm me and tell me who you are and that you are from this site and i'll give you the password. my name there is DetectiveDupin, i hope to see you guys around there!

With all due respect,
Mary

Last edited by DetectiveDupin on Apr 7th, 2005 at 10:06 PM

Old Post Apr 7th, 2005 10:02 PM
DetectiveDupin is currently offline Click here to Send DetectiveDupin a Private Message Find more posts by DetectiveDupin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackC@
Confront the darkness

I saw it, I liked it.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2005 11:05 AM
BlackC@ is currently offline Click here to Send BlackC@ a Private Message Find more posts by BlackC@ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Noxi
Aqualibrium

what BlackC@t said happy

Old Post Apr 9th, 2005 09:38 AM
Noxi is currently offline Click here to Send Noxi a Private Message Find more posts by Noxi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Heather 29

I saw it on the inflight movie coming back from Arizona this past Monday. the movie was okay.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2005 02:15 AM
Heather 29 is currently offline Click here to Send Heather 29 a Private Message Find more posts by Heather 29 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chez
Corporal-Captain

I assume they're making a sequel to this one, since they only covered the first three of 13 books. Does anyone know?

Anyway, I enjoyed this movie -- it was something a little dark and different.

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 09:16 AM
chez is currently offline Click here to Send chez a Private Message Find more posts by chez Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RaventheOnly
GheutWunOlathWholSsussun

I liked it but parts were slow but as every actual story there must be transitions. The atmosphere of the world was great eek! and the casting was awesome big grin story....... rather different....... and VERY glomy for a childrens story messed laughing out loud

Old Post Apr 12th, 2005 07:19 PM
b-dan
Son of Sparda

i thought that moive was gay and i was sad cuz my fave actor was in it jim carry and the ending was shit it didint even go with the books but im still bying it only cuz jim carry is in it if he wasent then i would go to the movie store and brun evry copy

Old Post Apr 18th, 2005 10:16 PM
b-dan is currently offline Click here to Send b-dan a Private Message Find more posts by b-dan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote