KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Mortal Kombat

The Best Fight In Mortal Kombat (1)
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Liu Kang vs Shang Tsung 9 11.84%
Jonny Cage vs Scorpion 26 34.21%
Liu Kang vs Reptile 17 22.37%
Sonya vs Kano 3 3.95%
Liu Kang vs Stick Boy 0 0%
Jonny Cage vs Goro 4 5.26%
Goro vs Arlene (whatever his name is) 1 1.32%
Chan vs Shang Tsung 0 0%
Liu Kang vs Sub Zero 13 17.11%
Kang/Cage/Sonya vs Goons 3 3.95%
Total: 71 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mortal Kombat
Started by: Aku

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Aku
Drunk

BRING BACK THE ORIGINAL SUB ZERO NINJA AND REPTILE.

I hate him without his mask. And what about Kung Lao

Aku = Undefeated Champ with Kung Lao (Wins = 1 / Loss = 0)

Although i was playing a 7 year old. Plus i told him that kano was good and lets face it, no one in the history of MK has ever been good with Kano or liked him.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 09:49 AM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Myth
Give me your babies!!!

I liked Kano, though he was far from my best character.

Greg Oden: The future of the Blazers. The future of the NBA.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 12:14 PM
Myth is currently offline Click here to Send Myth a Private Message Find more posts by Myth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkC
-KMC THREAD KILLER-

It was a toughie between the Reptile vs Liu Kang, and Chan, but I have to say Liu.
Chan got owned so bad by Shang Tsung. Had his jaw broken, his knee dislocated, his arm twisted broken, his backbone smashed(Shang just had to stomp on his back), and on top of all...his soul absorbed. That was the most painful fight I've ever seen. Ugghh.

Bored? Amuse yourself with Tower Defense!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 07:06 PM
DarkC is currently offline Click here to Send DarkC a Private Message Find more posts by DarkC Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

Yeh well Mortal Kombat apart from having one of the uglyest fights at the begginning, Also has the most evil yet funny bad guy line of all time...

"I will take care of this Imputent Mortal myself."

or

"You puny mortal"

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 08:03 PM
Aku is currently offline Click here to Send Aku a Private Message Find more posts by Aku Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Actually as bad as Mortal Kombat:Annihilation might have been I think it had the best fight scene between both films.

Subzero Vs Scorpion smokin'

And just for the record the character that Goro faught was not Arlene, his name was Art Lean. big grin

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Last edited by Praylu on Dec 17th, 2004 at 04:25 AM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 04:22 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

Sub Zero vs Scorpion was a bit crap to be honest. Had a few cool moves, but I bet if there is a "proper" sequel - there will be THE Scorps and Subs match.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 06:11 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aku
Drunk

quote:
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
And just for the record the character that Goro faught was not Arlene, his name was Art Lean. big grin

Whatever wise ass.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 07:12 PM
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Aku
Whatever wise ass.

Thanks smart

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 11:45 PM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miahera
Platinum Card Member

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Sub Zero vs Scorpion was a bit crap to be honest. Had a few cool moves, but I bet if there is a "proper" sequel - there will be THE Scorps and Subs match.

the scene with them in the TV series was cool. Sub-Zero could have kicked his butt if the fight was longer.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 03:04 AM
miahera is currently offline Click here to Send miahera a Private Message Find more posts by miahera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Sub Zero vs Scorpion was a bit crap to be honest. Had a few cool moves

Well I wasn't saying it was Oscar worthy for its choreography, I was just saying it was the best fight sequence in the franchise so far in my oppinion.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 03:14 AM
Aku
Drunk

There there children. We are all about opinions on killermovies which is the nets number 1 forum. Just kidding.

Mortal Kombat is good and the second film sucks face it!!!!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 02:40 PM
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by Aku
the second film sucks face it!!!!

I never said it didn't wink

I just happen to like the Subzero Vs Scorpion fight scene.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 08:38 PM
RebelPhoenix
I work in mysterious ways

Looks like I found this discussion too late, as most has been said already but just to add: I loved the soundtrack in the first MK, it was well timed and fluid with the fight scenes featuring some great bands (imo) i.e Fear Factory, KDFDM, Type O Neg, and Napalm Death.

Also, what was up with Sonya (sp?) - she was gorgeous yes but could she fight..... um, minimal and too many bad one liners which were made worse by the acting e.g. 'My friends will come'. Thankfully the one is Annhilation had better moves but was still just not good enough. I really hope they cast her better in the next one.

Oh - and why did they kill of Jonny in the first 5 min of the second movie!?!? (rhetorical, I just like saying it because I can't get past it stick out tongue)

Ack one more thing - I was impressed with the ghostly ship and elaborate scenes back then and still am now because unlike many of the grander, more visually aesthetic scenes of modern movies, the ones in MK actually has depth and atmosphere. They weren't just there to overwhelm you at the genius of computer nerds, they had a haunting presence which coupled with the background music led for better ambience rather then being hollow and obviously artificial smile

Just my two cents embarrasment

Official Gryffindor Lawyer

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 05:17 AM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

I have a few of the songs from the first movie. The Type O Negative one is excellent, and I always remember when the first movie came out the trailer for it was awesome.

"MORTAL KOMBAAAAAAT!"

The main music kicked so much arse.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 05:52 AM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RebelPhoenix

I love that shout too big grin

Aku - was the Lui vs Guitanna (sp?) 'fight' left out because they weren't really opposing one another?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 05:59 AM
RebelPhoenix is currently offline Click here to Send RebelPhoenix a Private Message Find more posts by RebelPhoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly

Lui vs Kitanna you mean?

Didn't know they fought, probably a test fight but was left out because it was unimportant.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:07 AM
RebelPhoenix

Yep that's it - I always hear it with a 'G' for some reason messed

It was just one scene on the beach in front Shang Tsung where they were talking to each other whilst pretending to fight.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:11 AM
Red Superfly

OH, I dunno, I haven't seen it in a LOOOOONG time.

The only bits I remember are Scorpion and Johnny Cage fighting througha forest and then in hell or something. Oh and I remember Johnny Cage doing his splits-punch on Goro and then later saying "those were $1000 sunglasses you arsehole" or something and then knocking him off a cliff. My memory is hazy.

Also, if they were to do a new film - how would they show Scorpions spear?

I seem to remember it being a creature inside his arm in the movie. In the latest games he no longer has the creature and now throws a spear attached to some rope instead. I think in the videogames he had the rope/spear in 1, then the creature in 2 & 3 then in 4 and the rest he went back to using his rope and spear.

I prefer the rope and the spear.

Remember his spears in Annihilation? Metal chain creatures on chains? WTF? That was so stupid. He isn't Spawn.

Last edited by Red Superfly on Jan 2nd, 2005 at 06:21 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:16 AM
RebelPhoenix

$500 sunglasses stick out tongue

I don't know how they'd show that, since it changes and because the creature head version was pulled off in the first film when it got stuck in a tree, unless it grows back of course...

Thankfully I don't remember much from Annihilation wink

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:33 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah, i did my best to forget that too.

Cage versus Scorpion was the best easily.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jan 6th, 2005 01:19 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote