KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Change to Episode Schedule- all players please read!

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Change to Episode Schedule- all players please read!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Change to Episode Schedule- all players please read!

As some of you might have been aware of me moaning about, the current Star Wars episode is way over schedule. The Episodes used to take about six months each. This one has taken seven so far and we are only at the halfway point. Parts 3 and 4 are meant to be smaller than the first two... well, part 3 is, anyway. But even so, it's getting rather silly now.

In that case, I am taking drastic action- well, drastic from a Gamesmaster's point of view anyway.

Once everyone is done in their respective threads- that's the Coruscant crew for the Lightside, and the escape from Cynelline for the Dark Side, I shall be terminating Episode I there and then.

Episode II, made up of the original Episode I parts 3 and 4, will start very shortly thereafter. Between that time:

1. Everyone who has not converted their characters to the new rulkes must do so. Clarion and Gundy are already done, btw.

2. Experience points will be allocated and spending allowed

3. A new set of predictive powers rolls will be made. Apologies to those who passed rolls before and did not use them as the game was still going on. Anyone who rolled a successful non-Instincts predictive power for the last game (that is Baylin only!) gets an automatic pass for the new one as well. Everyone else, may roll again.

-

The division does make a certain plot sense. Parts 3 and 4 diverge significantly from where you currently are- the Dark Siders will have escaped the Bureau (I hope!) and can get down to finding out what it is they are MEANT to be doing, and the Light Siders will have finished off the damn trial and can get away from the Viceroy and get going on their own initiative to investigate the perpetators of the various crimes they have discovered. So the plot potential for dividing these things up into seperate episodes is there.

However, it does make these two episodes the most closely linked yet. For a start, the first Episode for both sides was meant to be a kind of taster, and in the case of the Dark Siders, a direct prequel to their intended starting situation for this campaign. For the Light Siders, the Sith link is also a 'distraction', giving them the opportunity to get involved with the plot of the films before Obi-Wan takes over again- obviously, you guys can't always be chasing the Sith as that is not your main plot. For both sides, the actual genuine plot of the campaign is yet to materialise.

And so now that will be stretched out over TWO episodes. The Light Siders will still be investigating the Techno-Union (as should be clear by now, you have all been looking at different parts of the same case). The Dark Side prequel is now simply being split into two episodes- pre- and post-Bureau. So their actual plot won't start until Episode III, and the full impact of Galactic events won't hit the Light Siders until then either. There is also no propsect of either side meeting in the new Episode II, just as there was not in I in its original configuration.

Episode II will continual the thematic similarity between the two sides though. In Episode I, both of you were continually reacting to events. n Episode II, both of you will be taking the initiative, as Doon proxies Kuylen's plan to the Dark Siders, and the Light Siders go looking for answers as a full strength team. Doon, of course, gives the Dark Siders the intellectual and knowledge back-up they used to get from Kuylen without being double hard enough to destroy everything they meet.

Episode II will most likely be shorter than one- as explained, the parts 3 and 4 were not as big, and part 3 for the Light Siders in particular will have to be extended to keep pace, as that was far shorter than what has come before. I absolutely want the Epsiode finished by the time ROTS comes out- and preferably significantly before, because I want the new plotline running by then as well!

So, good news for all of you currently stuck waiting- fresh experience is coming for you guys to improve yourselves. Any questions, feel free to ask. And with any luck, the Dark Siders can banish Episode I to the dark recesses of their brains forever, to always serve as a dire warning...

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 17th, 2004 at 04:43 PM

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 11:48 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
And with any luck, the Dark Siders can banish Episode I to the dark recesses of their brains forever, to always serve as a dire warning...

I think that's the bit I like the best.........I'd sure like to forget about this little disaster...

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 03:06 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

good more xp would be handy big grin

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 03:14 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

oh...then...i'll find some time to do my character in the next days or so..

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 03:50 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

I'm thinking that I might make some changes to Rianna before we finish this up...ever the indecisive one, I am...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 03:51 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Or are you?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 04:42 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

The fact that I'm indecisive is one of the few things that I'm decisive about.

...wow, I need sleep.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 04:44 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

(provides Dark Side bed)

BtVS

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 04:49 PM
Peach
mordrem

Uhh...yeah...something would probably kill me while I was taking a nap.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 04:54 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

The Dark Side Bed 4000 is fully armed against all intruders.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 05:00 PM
Fire

any thoughts on how much XP we would be getting stick out tongue

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 07:55 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

XP!!!!!!
yay!
I need a predictive power...

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 08:16 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Ya!!!! Vlad needs XP!

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 11:44 PM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I could use some myself...to become more scarier...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 11:45 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

XP is good...

Old Post Dec 18th, 2004 11:48 PM
REXXXX
Networking

Yup.

Galder's To-Get-with-XP List:

Increase Pilot Skills
Increase Gun Skills
Intrusion Skills
Gun Tricks
Combat Tricks
Force Powers

I'll probably get Intrusion and Gun Skills/Tricks...

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 12:05 AM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Ill get a major LIghtsaber boost!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 12:06 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

No...no you won't. Ush has to approve it.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 12:06 AM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

Thats why Ill ask him! My lightsaber skill sucks big time!

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 12:07 AM
REXXXX
Networking

And what did he say?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 12:08 AM