KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Why I never want to be Christian.

Why I never want to be Christian.
Started by: fribble

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
fribble
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why I never want to be Christian.

America seems to breed arogant christians. I saw one of these bible bashers condeming homo-sexuality on TV, and it made me crindge. Is the church making children Homo-phobic?
How do these "Christians" know there is a "Hell"? Have any of them ever been there? I want proof. Second, and MORE importantly, even IF there IS a "HELL", what gives these "Christians" the right to tell me if I want to go there or not! I never ASKED them for their opinion on my lifestyle. I never went to them and said "Please tell me all about what a bad person I am and what happens to bad people.". You know what? I can read. If I wanted to know all about Christianity I woud read the Bible. I DON'T, and I HAVEN'T. Get the point? Oh, I see, so it's part of their "DUTY" as "GOOD" Christians to spread the "HOLY" gospel to us "PATHETIC" and "WAYWARD" non-believers. They want to "SAVE" us from ourselves and help us be "born-again" into their "ALMIGHTY GOD's" grace. Well, guess what 'YOU' Pathetic Christians, there's a solid basis on the old saying "I wasn't Born yesterday". Even the term "born again" reveals it's truth in the end. When we are born, we can not EXPRESS ourselves, we can not DEFEND ourselves, we can not tell Right from Wrong, and we are DEPENDANT on others just to Survive.

Organized religion IS a Sham and a Crutch for Weak-Minded people! I like to think that I am a STRONG enough person to THINK and EXPRESS my beleifs on my OWN. I have this thing called a CONCIOUS that tells me when what I am doing is wrong or right. I have these things called peronal STANDARDS that guide me from hurting others and and make me a GOOD person. I do NOT need someone else guiding my actions and condemning my mistakes, I can do that myself. I am STRONG enough to make my own decisions.

Those who have to be in a group that is constantly reminding them what is right and what is wrong, and having to be threatened and condemned to make the right decisions ARE truely WEAK individuals; OR are they even individuals? Individuals can think for themsevles, individuals can choose their own direction, individuals can make their own decisions.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 08:37 PM
fribble is currently offline Click here to Send fribble a Private Message Find more posts by fribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Dude they are just stating their opinion and that is their perfect right.
And you only got your opinions from the environment too, what about people telling about the Big Bang the Fhristians could (and do) exactly the same and we tell them that that is not good.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 08:43 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Re: Why I never want to be Christian.

quote:
Originally posted by fribble
Re: Why I never want to be Christian.

Then don't become one. Is that simple....live your life and let other live theirs. I come from a family mixture of Hebrew and Roman Catholics and I chose my own path. I chose my spirituality and sought to find answers in Philosophy. So far, I can't complain is good to find your own spirituality out of any religious circle.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 08:47 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

First of all, calm the religion bashing.

quote:
Originally posted by fribble
[B]America seems to breed arogant christians. I saw one of these bible bashers condeming homo-sexuality on TV, and it made me crindge. Is the church making children Homo-phobic?
Not all Christians are so radical in their view of Homo-sexuality. I personally think it is wrong for a Christian, but I have no real issues with how other people live their lives.

quote:
How do these "Christians" know there is a "Hell"? Have any of them ever been there? I want proof. Second, and MORE importantly, even IF there IS a "HELL", what gives these "Christians" the right to tell me if I want to go there or not!
Well by definition in the Bible, Hell is as bad as it can get. So they can tell you that "you don't want to go to Hell", because to them, it is as bad as it gets.

quote:
I never ASKED them for their opinion on my lifestyle.
I never asked for your opinion about my religion

quote:
I never went to them and said "Please tell me all about what a bad person I am and what happens to bad people.". You know what? I can read. If I wanted to know all about Christianity I woud read the Bible. I DON'T, and I HAVEN'T. Get the point?
The reasons Christians evangilise to even the most radical atheists is because they havn't read any of the bible.

quote:
When we are born, we can not EXPRESS ourselves
Says who?

quote:
we can not DEFEND ourselves, we can not tell Right from Wrong, and we are DEPENDANT on others just to Survive.
I really don't see how this works.

quote:
I have this thing called a CONCIOUS
I have a conscience...

quote:
Organized religion IS a Sham and a Crutch for Weak-Minded people!
And that is blatant stereotyping.

quote:

Those who have to be in a group that is constantly reminding them what is right and what is wrong, and having to be threatened and condemned to make the right decisions ARE truely WEAK individuals
And those who gain fun by spending their time writing long, extremly offensive rants about others are obviously strong confused

quote:
OR are they even individuals? Individuals can think for themsevles, individuals can choose their own direction, individuals can make their own decisions.
So your decisions have nothing to do with how you were raised?

Fribble - This is one fo your first posts on KMC, yet you decide to write something extremly offensive and stereotypical.

Click it to see my band's page.^

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 08:55 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

I have a concious > I have a conscience
I like that one that was funny

Fribble - This is one fo your first posts on KMC, yet you decide to write something extremly offensive and stereotypical.

you are a good observer Frodo

Anyway bashing Christians for no reason sure is fun but I can't agree at all with what you are saying, I am sorry. (Not really don't worry)

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:10 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fribble
Restricted

Account Restricted

Get used to it.
These are not my views, I copied them of a website, but I love to see religious people's blood boil. I cannot post links because I might be posting spam.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:18 PM
fribble is currently offline Click here to Send fribble a Private Message Find more posts by fribble Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

Rather copy them from a website, try linking to it with

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:22 PM
frodo34x is currently offline Click here to Send frodo34x a Private Message Find more posts by frodo34x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

sure we will we could need another anti christian talker here but don't copy really stupid websites ok?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:23 PM
fribble
Restricted

Account Restricted

Do you think I could care less? Also, I am not staying here for good, as I hate religious people. They read into the bible WAY TOO MUCH. Where does it say "Homosexuals are bad"?

Last edited by fribble on Dec 20th, 2004 at 09:27 PM

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:25 PM
Tex
Yumsz

I'm a strong enough person to ignore these bible toting hypocrites when it comes to their constant harassment of non Christians, particularly atheists and homosexuals.

But of course they have every right to state their opinions, no matter how vulgar or prejudiced.

What bothers me most is that these very people, through use of government are trying (and given the last election) succeeding in removing the rights of people they feel are unholy and unclean.

I just wish more Christians would research the history of how the bible was compiled and the early history of the church before they blindly go along with its teachings.

I believe that Jesus was an extremely good person who's kindness and love of everyone was easily exploited, molested and corrupted by the church in the very first centuries.

The DaVinci Code has done wonders to bring this knowledge to the forefront. The church has kept this secret for years.
It is now believed that Jesus treated women equally as men, had sex, and a child and that he was against the formation of "the church".

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:27 PM
Tex is currently offline Click here to Send Tex a Private Message Find more posts by Tex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fribble
Restricted

Account Restricted

I love you!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:29 PM
Bardock42

Lev. 20 13 there it days that homosexuality is bad
But still we are not all religious here we just like to tlak aboot it and state our opinions maybe argue a little.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:34 PM
frodo34x
^_^

I respect that Bardock. An atheist who will use the verses of the bible in an argument.

Atheist: "The bible is contradictory"
Me: "Give me an example"
Atheist" ..."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:37 PM
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by frodo34x
I respect that Bardock. An atheist who will use the verses of the bible in an argument.

Atheist: "The bible is contradictory"
Me: "Give me an example"
Atheist" ..."

Atheist: "Prove God, Heaven, or Hell exist..."
You: "..."

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:38 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

I don't see those as reasons not to be a Christian. You don't like how some Christians act so you base your religious views on that? I don't want to be a Christian because I don't believe in God.. but I'll respect people who do. And some Atheists are just as quick to preach that there is no God as the extreme Christians are willing to preach that you need to find Jesus.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:39 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

My friend, first you must understand the difference in between a church goer and a christian. To be a true christian you would not hate anyone for who they are, you may see them as a sinner but, you would also then see yourself as one, as we all are, and on the question KNOWING whether there is a God or a Hell, well there is something called faith, in the same respect that you know the air is there when the wind blows, although you cannot see smell taste or hear it, you know God is there when you have those times in your life where it is not worth going on and yet you lift your head and march toward the darkness, knowing that there will be light in the end.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:39 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
frodo34x
^_^

quote:
Originally posted by Linkalicious
Atheist: "Prove God, Heaven, or Hell exist..."
You: "..."
See, we all have our faults, like it says in the bible.

And to that question I would answer that it is a matter of faith.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:41 PM
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

and on the subject of homosexuality, alot is unseen by todays world who associate sex with pleasure the way most associate christmas with santa and presents. The meaning of christmas is to celebrate the birth of christ, the meaning of sex is procreation. It is made to feel good because thousands of years ago no one wouldve known how to make a baby and therefore if it hadnt felt good noone ever wouldve done it, end result--no human race. So the problem w/ homosexuality is that there is no productive result of the act. Just b/c hetero couple abuse the original reason to have sex doesent mean we should all forget what the original intention of the act was!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:42 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

quote:
Originally posted by frodo34x
See, we all have our faults, like it says in the bible.

And to that question I would answer that it is a matter of faith.

The exact same faith that has small children believing in the Tooth Fairy, Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus...

oh wait....God's suppose to be real...

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:46 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

But you Chtristians should be happy that Homosexuels can't reproduce in the end they will give a gay gene to the next generation.
That was sarcasm by the way.
However I am not quoting the Bible to support my arguement I just wanted to tell fribble where it says that Homosexuality is bad. But what I never really got is that some parts of the Old Testament seem to be accepted by christians and some not. Can someone explain that?

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 09:50 PM