KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Should Deltora Quest become a Movie

Should the series Deltora Quest be made into a movie/ movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 93 69.40%
No 11 8.21%
Mabye 10 7.46%
Never heard of Deltora Quest 20 14.93%
Total: 134 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Deltora Quest become a Movie
Started by: Elanna Riddle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (164): « First ... « 158 159 [160] 161 162 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
C Teng

lindal?

Old Post Feb 27th, 2008 02:40 AM
C Teng is currently offline Click here to Send C Teng a Private Message Find more posts by C Teng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

quote: (post)
Originally posted by C Teng
lindal?

Lindel is briefly mentioned in the second series, and it is learnt that she was a member of the resistance. She was most probably apart of the Resistance that helped retake Del. (Even though the Belt did most of the work... magical items, whether you love or hate them they always come in handy). You have to remember that the story is centered around Lief, Jasmine and Barda... and on the odd occasion Doom. So all those friends and allies they made from the large organisations (like the Resistance) weren't all named.
I believe the important thing is, that in regards to Lindel, Barda got someone to love. Cause in most Hero Trios, that include one girl and two boys... or visa versa (If one exists) one of them gets left out: For example: Star Wars: Han, Leia and Luke - poor Lukie gets left unless you read on to the extended universe. So I for one am glad that Barda didn't get left out, it makes me sad when people get left out

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 02:25 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C Teng

There's something I never got; in Deltora Quest, Jinks mentions Barda's history and how he was a coward for leaving the other palace guards to die. Barda says he would prefer to keep it quiet. This is never mentioned for the rest of the series. Was it mentioned in Dragons or Shadowlands?

Old Post Feb 28th, 2008 02:54 AM
C Teng is currently offline Click here to Send C Teng a Private Message Find more posts by C Teng Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hyshore

I love del quest! best book ever Happy Dance i think a movie would be great! I'm up to the shadowlands and i love it! cool i love the vraal. man, when are jasmine 'n' lief gonna finally kiss? I'm eagerly awaiting the announcement of a movie wink

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 03:56 AM
Hyshore is currently offline Click here to Send Hyshore a Private Message Find more posts by Hyshore Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasmine2424

i no aye, it takes AGES for jasmine and lief 2 kiss. i reckon evry1 is waitin for a movie CANT WAIT!

Old Post Mar 7th, 2008 09:27 AM
jasmine2424 is currently offline Click here to Send jasmine2424 a Private Message Find more posts by jasmine2424 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Hello new people.... excellent...Mhaaa...HAA MAHHHHAAA...Ahem, excuse me.
C Teng- how come you don't know about Lindal? She is SO awsome.
Jasmin and Lief never kiss in the books, to general dissapointment.
Why dhould Barda's history be mention in the rest of the series? It isn't mentioned in Dq 2 or 3, but was mentioned in The Forests of silence.

Just so US and Britain people dont get mixed up- In Aussie land, the Shadowlands is called DELTORA QUEST 2 with the first book CAVERN OF THE FEAR, second book ISLE OF ILLUSION third book THE SHADOW LANDS. The Dragons of Deltora is DELTORA QUEST 3, with first book DRAGONS NEST second book SHADOWGATE third book ISLAND OF THE DEAD and last book SISTER OF THE SOUTH.
Hey you guys ever guessed that paff was the gaurdian of the South? Jasmine obviously thought it was Doom, Emily tried to make readers think it was Doom, but for some strange reason I used to think it was Ranesh. What about u?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 07:27 AM
shadowbreaker is currently offline Click here to Send shadowbreaker a Private Message Find more posts by shadowbreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Oh, and I can tell that Hyshore is an Inheritance trilogy fan

Old Post Mar 9th, 2008 07:28 AM
shadowbreaker is currently offline Click here to Send shadowbreaker a Private Message Find more posts by shadowbreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Craft
CTE

I never thought it was Paff till it was revealed, but I didn't really think it was Ranesh either, not after read the Monsters of Deltora. Though it's been so long ago I've forgotten who I did suspect.

Old Post Mar 10th, 2008 04:32 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
gazzar

apologies if this has already been discussed but if they did make dq into a movie would it actually be a trilogy?? your thoughts?

and shadow breaker although they never technically kiss one would assume they would have to have kissed otherwise the very last chapter wouldn't really make sense lol, sorry if my writing is a bit weird but I'm trying not to spoil the ending for those who haven't read it yet.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2008 04:21 AM
gazzar is currently offline Click here to Send gazzar a Private Message Find more posts by gazzar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C Teng

Originally posted by shadowbreaker
Hello new people.... excellent...Mhaaa...HAA MAHHHHAAA...Ahem, excuse me.
C Teng- how come you don't know about Lindal? She is SO awsome.
Jasmin and Lief never kiss in the books, to general dissapointment.
Why dhould Barda's history be mention in the rest of the series? It isn't mentioned in Dq 2 or 3, but was mentioned in The Forests of silence.
I haven't read Deltora Quest 2 or 3 yet, I just finished "Return to Del". And if there is a movie made, i think the director would make jasmine and lief kiss. and Barda's history was also mentioned in the Maze of the Beast, like I said:
Originally posted by C Teng
There's something I never got; in Deltora Quest, Jinks mentions Barda's history and how he was a coward for leaving the other palace guards to die. Barda says he would prefer to keep it quiet. This is never mentioned for the rest of the series. Was it mentioned in Dragons or Shadowlands?
C'mon, someone please explain.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 12:56 AM
Craft
CTE

Tsk, it isn't mentioned afterwards because there's nothing else to be explained. Barda's mother Min told him what she had over heard about the Shadow Lords plan, after she was killed he left the castle fearing his own life. Most of the palace guards were killed or captured when the Shadow Lord invaded, since Barda wasn't around to fight he survived, which is key to the story I guess. Other then that not much else is explained, he becomes head guard under Leif's reign and that's about it career wise for Barda.

Old Post Mar 12th, 2008 01:27 AM
Craft is currently offline Click here to Send Craft a Private Message Find more posts by Craft Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Yeah, what craft said was all in the dirst book, the FORESTS OF SILENCE

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 06:30 AM
C Teng

I don't get it.

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 10:57 PM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Okay.... here's the order of events.
Min overheard a plot to overthrow the king and take over Deltora, she told Endon he dismissed it as her having a nightmare, Min told her son Barda and shortly afterward she was found dead at the bottom of the stairs. While Endon sat with his deceased nursemaid, Barda ran for it realising that what his mother told him was true and he feared he would be next as he also knew such information - exhausted he arrived at the forge later that night and got clobbered by Endon (cause his majesty panicked) in his unconsciousness he talked in his sleep about his fears and his mother etc. Woke up, spoke with Endon, whom he thought was Jarred and thus his life as an undercover protector disguised as a beggar began.

In the anime however they changed it to Barda falling off the top of the gate during the battle, he survived hobbled to the forge for whatever reason (delirious with pain probably) saw Endon and Sharn saying goodbye to Anna and Jarred and then collapsed.

Jinks knowing Barda was a guard was pointing out that it was suspicious that out of all the palace guards only Barda survived. Trying to stir up trouble if you ask me...

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 11:24 PM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
C Teng

But Jinks acted like he knew the truth, and he knew Barda was hiding it from Leif.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2008 04:14 PM
bookluvrxoxo

im 2 confused so i wont coment on the whole barda's past discussion...and shadowbreaker...im very dissapointed in u...if i were the new people i would b 2...u tole them that Paff was it after all...if i were in the middle of reading the series for the first time i would hunt u down...b warned...any1 who ruins the ending for others...its cruel

Bookluvrxoxo

P.S. And Hyshore...its really(italics on the really) obvious that u like the Inheritance trilogy...no complaints...i LOVE it 2...bac to DQ!!!
YEA!!! Happy Dance

Old Post Mar 17th, 2008 02:35 AM
bookluvrxoxo is currently offline Click here to Send bookluvrxoxo a Private Message Find more posts by bookluvrxoxo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Hey, calm down, mate. I would of thought that most people in this forum would have finished DQ3

Old Post Mar 20th, 2008 11:45 PM
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Hey, I posted that post like two weeks ago. Is anyone going to reply?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2008 06:59 AM
gazzar

from what i understand of barda's past is that his mother told him there was an evil within the palace and shortly after she was killed so being the cool headed barda, he thought about it and decided to escape while he still could.
The fact that the shadow lord attacked on the very night he escaped is simply coinsidence, and jinks being the person he is took that as he was being a scardy cat and running away from a fight which i suppose can be taken that way but consider this, out of all the guards that fought, how many survived? i dont know about u but if i were barda i would've done the same thing.

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 04:13 AM
gazzar is currently offline Click here to Send gazzar a Private Message Find more posts by gazzar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Nah, I reckon Jinks thinks that Barda is a shadow lord servant

Old Post Apr 2nd, 2008 05:31 AM