KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Should Deltora Quest become a Movie

Should the series Deltora Quest be made into a movie/ movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 93 69.40%
No 11 8.21%
Mabye 10 7.46%
Never heard of Deltora Quest 20 14.93%
Total: 134 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Deltora Quest become a Movie
Started by: Elanna Riddle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (164): « First ... « 161 162 [163] 164 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Okay - going to try and be on this more often.... got a little over obsessive with Avatar the Last Airbender and Garth Nix's Keys to the Kingdom Conclusion in 2009. That and my PC decided to die and need brain surgery removing all my bookmarks (finding them again was very painful)

Anywho in my random surfing, I decided - you know what - haven't looked up DQ in a while.

And I found a little article you guys may be interested (added the link as well)

http://www.downloads-portal.com/prn...a-quest-to.html

Japan's Animated Hit Series Deltora Quest to Debut in Australia and New Zealand on Cartoon Network!

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Feb. 24 /PRNewswire/ -- Japan's animated hit series Deltora Quest, is coming to Cartoon Network in Australia and New Zealand, the number one channel in Asia Pacific for kids, it was announced today by DCI Los Angeles (DCI-LA), the U.S.-based production division of Dentsu Inc., and Turner Entertainment Networks Asia, owner of Cartoon Network.

Based on the international top-selling fantasy-adventure book series of the same name, the 52 half-hour episodes of Deltora Quest will begin airing in April 2010, to coincide with Scholastic's re-launch of the Deltora Quest book series in the Australian and New Zealand territories. Cartoon Network will also handle free-to-air and broadband distribution, as well as DVD and merchandising rights in these territories.

"We are excited to have Deltora Quest join our line up of comedy, action and adventure programs in Australia," said Mark Eyers, vice president, content, Turner Entertainment Networks Asia, Inc. "Cartoon Network is continually strengthening its number one position in Asia Pacific with a solid mix of original productions and acquisitions. Deltora Quest will further deliver on our promise of animating kids' lives with the best in animated entertainment."

Mr. Yuma Sakata, senior vice president for DCI-LA, said, "The animated series was a top-rated hit in Japan on TV Tokyo, and the series is highly anticipated in the Australian market. We are thrilled to have Cartoon Network as our partner for Deltora Quest."

The Deltora Quest fantasy-adventure book series, one of several Deltora series penned by Australian writer Emily Rodda, was first published in 2000 by Scholastic Australia, and has since become a best-selling international children's favorite, winning numerous awards. The series out-sells the Harry Potter books in many international markets. True to the books, the Deltora Quest animation series follows the adventures of three companions, Lief, Jasmine and Barda, as they journey across the mysterious land of Deltora to recover magical artifacts and defeat Guardians of the evil Shadow Lord.

About DCI Los Angeles

Headquartered in Santa Monica, CA, DCI Los Angeles (DCI-LA) was formed in 2008 to develop and co-produce animation content for broadcasters and media businesses worldwide. The company's strategy unites North American and European development talent with Japanese animation expertise. DCI-LA will also manage the distribution and licensing efforts for its own productions, and for those in which it has invested. DCI-LA is a division of Dentsu America, the lead agency in North America of Dentsu, the world's largest advertising agency brand and a leading producer of Japanese animation.

About Cartoon Network

Cartoon Network is one of the most popular entertainment channels among kids and is currently seen in over 2 million homes in Australia. The Network is distributed on Austar, Foxtel and Optus. Launched in Australia in 1995, Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.'s (TBS) Cartoon Network offers the best in animated entertainment. Drawing from the world's largest cartoon library of Warner Bros., MGM and Hanna-Barbera titles, the Network also showcases original series including Ben 10, Ben 10 Alien Force, Chowder, The Marvelous Misadventures of Flapjack, The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. Cartoon Network is the number one channel for kids in Asia Pacific and is currently seen in over 61 million cable homes in the region. Online, Cartoon Network reaches 4.2 million unique visitors a month in Asia Pacific.

TBS Inc., a Time Warner company, is a major producer of news and entertainment product around the world and the leading provider of programming for the basic cable industry.

About Scholastic

Scholastic Corporation is the world's largest publisher and distributor of children's books and a leader in educational technology. Scholastic creates quality educational and entertaining materials and products for use in school and at home, in children's books, magazines, technology-based products, teacher materials, television programming, film videos and toys. The company distributes its products and services through a variety of channels, including proprietary school-based book clubs and school book fairs, retail stores, some libraries and television networks, and the company's internet site: http://www.scholastic.com.au/.

Again will try and get back on more often - lets bring this thread back to life...

Old Post Mar 9th, 2010 11:42 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasmine2424

Ohmygosh, thats so exciting! Finally after 10 years they are bringing it to Australia! I can't wait! Do you know what time its airing? Or just that it's in April?

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2010 09:25 AM
jasmine2424 is currently offline Click here to Send jasmine2424 a Private Message Find more posts by jasmine2424 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Unfortunately no, just says April 2010 - currently tearing the internet apart for a trailer or something while trying not to hyperventilate from excitement. Will let you know once I find something - even a cast list at the least

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 11:04 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

EUREKA!!! Following voice actors for Deltora Quest... count-down to the revival of this thread!!!

Copied and pasted this from the Anime News Network (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com.au/...ime.php?id=6907) so I am not responsible for any spelling errors below

Cole Howard as Lief
Tom Edwards as Barda

Chris Heward as Jarred
Glenn Howard as Giant
Kris Rundle as Anna
Michael Shepherd as Shadow Lord
Stewart Burdette as Fallow

Glen Howard as Grey Guards
Jae Boucher as Girl
Mary-lou Drachenburg as Mother
Michelle Warkentin as Woman
Roger Rhodes as Grey Guards
Stewart Burdette as Grey Guards

And for those interested there is also a Spanish and Italian cast listing - yes I am aware Jasmine isn't on the list... they have probably only released the first episode as a test screening or something enabling this information to leak onto the web.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2010 11:15 AM
jasmine2424

oh man, this is so exciting! yeah hopefully with this new break through with deltora, this thread will also come back to life. fingers crossed.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2010 09:21 AM
jasmine2424 is currently offline Click here to Send jasmine2424 a Private Message Find more posts by jasmine2424 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shadowbreaker
Del Guard

Ha! Hello everybody again.

To the other stuff...AWESOME

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 03:56 AM
shadowbreaker is currently offline Click here to Send shadowbreaker a Private Message Find more posts by shadowbreaker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

I'm still hunting for new stuff, mainly checking the cartoon network web-page as they are going to be screening it according to reports. Still nothing else since my last post... looks like they are keeping it secret until the re-release of DQ in Australia this month.

But until then... random facts about the cast just to keep things going - other stuff they have done, in-case you've seen/heard them in another anime

First up - Cole Howard aka Lief

Cast in:
(English version)
D.I.C.E. (TV) as Clo-Zan
Deltora Quest (TV) as Lief
Di Gi Charat Nyo (TV) as Mjr. Coo Erhard/Young Yasushi
Full Moon O Sagashite (TV) as Machida
Hoop Days (TV) as Satoh
(The) Law of Ueki (TV) as Kosuke Ueki
My-HiME (TV) as Takumi Tokiha
My-Otome (TV) as Takumi Tokiha
Tide-Line Blue (TV) as Adjutant Teen Gould; Keel's Male Partner (ep 1)

and no - we still don't know who's voicing Jasmine again seem to be keeping this fairly top secert

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 05:36 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Lol - let me rephrase the news - they have a page on the cartoon network Australia web-page for DQ, and if your a member (its free to join, still trying to get my membership to work) you can watch the premiere episode. Will be putting a review on as soon as I can authorize my membership. (its not up on youtube yet last time I checked)

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com.au/mi...quest/index.php

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 05:49 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

oh and before I forgot - for those who HAVE cartoon network (lucky ducks) the premiere double episode is scheduled for the 1/5/2010

Old Post Apr 4th, 2010 06:10 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Right, more stuff.... updated cast list:

Cole Howard as Lief
Laura Rushfeldt as Jasmine
Tom Edwards as Barda
Tony Valdez as Filli, Kree

Chris Heward as Jarred
Glenn Howard as Giant
Kris Rundle as Anna
Michael Shepherd as Shadow Lord
Stewart Burdette as Fallow

Glenn Howard as Grey Guards
Jae Boucher as Girl
Mary-lou Drachenberg as Jasmine's Mother
Michelle Warkentin as Woman
Roger Rhodes as Grey Guards
Stewart Burdette as Grey Guards

Old Post Apr 5th, 2010 10:31 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

I'll just keep putting stuff up till someone else jumps in....hopefully soon

after almost a week trying to get the darn thing to run (stupid connection issues) I was finally graced with seeing the first English episode of Deltora Quest.

And I approve!

Same content as the Japanese one (i think), Lief sounds good as does Barda - not exactly as I imagined them I'll admit, but still good. Most of the words and pronunciations for DQ that I had in my mind were acute (except for Adin for some reason.... still haven't heard Jasmine as she's in episode 2, but we'll get there)

if you like here's a link to the cartoon network video

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com.au/vi...98207263b92479e

not sure if you'll need a password or not, if you do - let me know via personal message.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2010 10:12 AM
jasmine2424

that was fantastic! im not to sure about Lief's voice though. it just seems a bit off, i think it will just take some getting used to smile. and i wish they had a song to go with the opening credits. I think that would make it just that bit better. but overall it was great! smile

Old Post Apr 8th, 2010 03:04 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

can't wait till episode 2.... only a few more weeks away and we should be getting weekly updates on new episodes (hopefully)

Old Post Apr 12th, 2010 11:59 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

episode 2 is on the cartoon network site....

And I'm have connection issues again - why must the internet hate me so!

well here's the link incase it works for you guys...

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com.au/vi...34ac03964ab8e4f

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 12:48 PM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Elanna Riddle
episode 2 is on the cartoon network site....

And I'm have connection issues again - why must the internet hate me so!

well here's the link incase it works for you guys...

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com.au/vi...34ac03964ab8e4f

okay, for some reason I can watch episode 3 and not 2.... weird.... oh well climatic battle WOOOO

Old Post Apr 16th, 2010 01:04 PM
JazZeE

Deltora Quest Movie?

I think that if they made Deltora Quest movies they should be LIVE ACTION : big grin , and not Anime sick . I am a huge fan of the series and think that movies in moderation to how many books would be the most fantastic idea EVER eek!

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2010 08:51 PM
JazZeE is currently offline Click here to Send JazZeE a Private Message Find more posts by JazZeE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Okay guys, the DQ Anime is now officially on Aussie TV, and in English. Man what a wait.... for those who were unable to watch this either due to not having cartoon network or not being able to view the episodes on the CN site. Here's a link to a you-tube page episodes 1 and 2 are currently up

http://www.youtube.com/user/OtakuShrine.

Old Post May 1st, 2010 08:32 AM
JazZeE

Sorry but i personally am not a fan of cartoon and when I read all the books I did NOT imagine cartoon at all! my sister and I both agree to that. JAMES CAMERON COULD DO IT!!! lol sorry if im being rude. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Last edited by JazZeE on May 2nd, 2010 at 12:07 AM

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 12:02 AM
JazZeE is currently offline Click here to Send JazZeE a Private Message Find more posts by JazZeE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JazZeE
Sorry but i personally am not a fan of cartoon and when I read all the books I did NOT imagine cartoon at all! my sister and I both agree to that. JAMES CAMERON COULD DO IT!!! lol sorry if im being rude. Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

I don't think you're being rude, to each his own.

Emily Rodda has stated she would like it to be a motion picture, she just hasn't found the right director and personally not a fan of Cameron, never have been. He seems to be more suited to sci-fi war movies - not fantasy adventures.
The reason it was made into an anime cartoon was because Japan supposedly has the biggest non-English speaking deltora fan-base and her two sons love anime.

Me personally - I am banking on the fact that it wouldn't be the first time we've gone from novel to cartoon to motion picture. (given the only examples I can think of are the marvel comics at the moment so they were technically graphic novels - but still the concept is still there)

Old Post May 2nd, 2010 10:38 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

I just want everyone to know - I cried during the episode at the climax of the Lake of Tears bit... (you know when Manus could speak again).

Old Post May 9th, 2010 07:53 AM