KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Should Deltora Quest become a Movie

Should the series Deltora Quest be made into a movie/ movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 93 69.40%
No 11 8.21%
Mabye 10 7.46%
Never heard of Deltora Quest 20 14.93%
Total: 134 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Deltora Quest become a Movie
Started by: Elanna Riddle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (164): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
flee the evil 1
within

ok, perhaps i forgot to mention that i live in Australia.

it has been out here since October the 7th last year. there was a 5 month wait between the 3rd n 4th book instead of the normal 3 which was long enough. it drove me insane!

trust me, it's well worth the wait though ...

wink

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 07:59 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lief2345
warrior for god

sorry about that my brother told me that right after i sent the reply thought, i still dont like how slow its coming out in canada wacko

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:39 PM
lief2345 is currently offline Click here to Send lief2345 a Private Message Find more posts by lief2345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Hi everyone i just started yr 10 so i haven't read this all in a while,
I really am pleased with the result of the poll,
The reason 'Sister of the South came out in Australia first is cause it was most likely published here as Emily grew up in Austraila.
(I read alot about the authors of my fav books :readingsmile

And i surpose an anime of DQ may not be too bad, cause that way they can get the descriptions of the characters more percise,

(I am still mad at the people who made HP, cause Harry's eyes weren't green in any of the close ups :madsmile

And the Ols and Nevets will be less cost efficant, plus it saves time, and remeber they have made cartoons into live movies (Spiderman)
What would be better if Emily got DQ to be a cartoon, instead of a movie make it a mini series, cause then they wouldn't have to cut stuff out. If it was live, then it would be easier to hide some of the cut bits cause you can black out, at certain bits.

I'm brainstorming here, BTW. stick out tongue

With cost wise, with HP it was already a very popular book, and i mean very so they had profits from all the book sales, not the Emily hasn't got that but, everyone knows that Jk is one of the richest authors on the planet.
So if Emily wants to do a cartoon version of DQ i'm cool, if its a TV series or movies series, i don't care as long as it's on some sort of screen.

(As you can probaly tell by now DQ and HP are my fav books, DQ first, as i wouldn't have the guts to have read HP without it.)

EMILY RODDA ROCKS
rock

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 05:49 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

hi im on the 7th dq book. its good but the 3rd is the best. they DEFINATELY make a movie. ok bye. Happy Dance

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 10:58 PM
BardaBlobO.o is currently offline Click here to Send BardaBlobO.o a Private Message Find more posts by BardaBlobO.o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Hi
One of my friends was reading this they reckon that DQ has to be ive movie.
Just thought i'd say that for her

DQ ROCKS

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 05:25 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flee the evil 1
within

it could be easily made into a tv series. there used to be stacks of long running tv series aimed at children in Australia that had an fantasy/adventure kind of twist to them, but unfortunately they seem to have gone out of fashion of late.

i cant see any reasons not to take a gamble on a movie though. with enough hype, it would be easy to fill the cinema seats.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 05:28 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lief2345
warrior for god

i guess it would be ok if they made a cartoon series but what about when it goes off the air, then what. it would be much better if it was made into a movie

and three days ago I got my friend hooked on the series and I asked him about and he saidhe cant PUT IT DOWN

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 08:28 PM
lief2345 is currently offline Click here to Send lief2345 a Private Message Find more posts by lief2345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

i cant wait t get done with this series so i can start the Shadowlands and the dragons one. are they better? thumb up or thumb down

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 10:50 PM
BardaBlobO.o is currently offline Click here to Send BardaBlobO.o a Private Message Find more posts by BardaBlobO.o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

PS: i dont want them to make cartoons, a movia would be fine because if they made a cartoon id miss it all sad but if they did THAT WOULD BE COOL ALSO!!!!! ok bye.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 10:54 PM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

oops i meant movie

Old Post Feb 8th, 2005 10:59 PM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

i never said it wouldn't become a live movie, i mean spiderman was a comic then cartoon series then a live movie.
The same could happen with DQ.
But all my mates at school reckon it make a good live movie even those who haven't read the books just heard of them.
yes
And the special effects won't be too hard.
The real problem is how to let the audince know what powers the gems have. It's never really said out loud, unless they do a small prelude at the beginning with young Lief in the blacksmith learning out of the 'the belt of deltora' book, or something.
confused

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 07:18 AM
lief2345
warrior for god

one thing they cant make it live cause they would get stuck on the second series they cant get islands underground so they would have to make it a cartoon series

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 08:33 PM
lief2345
warrior for god

actually it would be better if they made it with the animation that marc mcbride used

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 08:34 PM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

guys you should face it there not making movies or cartoons, bt i wish they would. they should also make games. rolling on floor laughing

Old Post Feb 9th, 2005 10:52 PM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

wow you guys didn't talk today mad

Old Post Feb 10th, 2005 10:42 PM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

well you guys are on the otherside of the world from, me.
Most of youre replies are sent while i'm at school or asleep.sleep
Plus i just started yr 10. smart
So don't get offended if i don't answer back for a bit.
cool Hey have you guys ever heard of the G'day USA thing, where some Aussie students go over to the states to stay with an american family.
(I would go, but i have over-protective parents, it gets annoying but i love em love )

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 12:18 PM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

happy valentines day! and i cant keep the news in sick I FINSISHED THE LAST BOOK!!!!! eek! i couldnt beleive that dain was evil! i thought doom was What the f**k?

Old Post Feb 11th, 2005 10:45 PM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

im gonna start the shadowlands or dragons of del series soon cantr wait! have you guys read both serieses yet? which one should i do? confused

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 01:00 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

hey Emily is a good mystery writer, i thought Jasmine was the heir since book one embarrasment until my brother got the last book and spoilt it mad
And doom is a mysterious character, plus i thought Dain was a poor person who had got caught up in the middle of it all, whos parents had lied to him about his identity, but then he turned out to be evil and i stopped pitying him.

Read the shadolands series first as it comes next in the story line.
A few new characters come out in it, so you'll just get confused if you read DQ3 before DQ2-shadowlands.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 04:13 AM
lief2345
warrior for god

guys they would get stuck on the second series u cant get islands underground,they should have to make it with marc mcbride's animation or something mad

why dont u guys listen
mad

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 11:31 AM