KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Should Deltora Quest become a Movie

Should the series Deltora Quest be made into a movie/ movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 93 69.40%
No 11 8.21%
Mabye 10 7.46%
Never heard of Deltora Quest 20 14.93%
Total: 134 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Deltora Quest become a Movie
Started by: Elanna Riddle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (164): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

thanks for the info, didnt know that there was an order except the plain deltora quest came first. the mad thing looks funny. all along i thought that the heir was dead but then the elt would fall apart, i never knew lief would be the heir because his dad even said that the heir is in hiding. confused i cant wait to start shadowlands! do they kill the shadowlord? does lief jas or barda die?

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 09:52 PM
BardaBlobO.o is currently offline Click here to Send BardaBlobO.o a Private Message Find more posts by BardaBlobO.o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

why cant i type right? embarrasment i meant the belt would fall apart not the elt.

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 09:53 PM
BardaBlobO.o is currently offline Click here to Send BardaBlobO.o a Private Message Find more posts by BardaBlobO.o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lief2345
warrior for god

hahahahhahahahahahahhAHAHHAHAHAHHA no no one dies

ehehehhehehehehehehhehehhehehhbehe

Old Post Feb 12th, 2005 10:39 PM
lief2345 is currently offline Click here to Send lief2345 a Private Message Find more posts by lief2345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

DON"T SPOIL IT TO MUCH
And lief2345 is right a cartoon series would be better at the 'moment'.
i don't think high tech movie making technoogy is ready for a live version of deltora quest, in a few years (hopefully) it will get better and may be ready for such a high tech costly live movie.
As i said in an earlier reply for all those people who want it to be a live one. Spiderman was a cartoon once, so why can't DQ be a cartoon then become a live movie. Plus their are such things as re-makes. eg Star Wars trillogy(4, 5, 6) was remade about.....errr...7 years after it was oridinonally made (mabye, can't remember).
I mean 20 years from now they could have cartoon versions of HP, LOTR and SOUE.
So a Cartoon would be cool.
Besides its easier to draw cartoons then live people and i like drawing stuff. To add to this if its cartoon they already have a base from some fo the monsters, from the 'Deltora Book of Monsters'
And with molst cartoons you have to desgin a base for the charater or monster/creature/animal.
And they could go the next step up and do a computer generated version of it (like Shrek), in a way thats a cross between live and cartoon (in my opion)

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 02:01 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flee the evil 1
within

i don't get to reply much now sad year 11 isnt very fun but is very busy...

i guess it took them sumthing like 50 years to turn LOTR into a live movie n they r my favs but im hopin DQ wont take that long!

Old Post Feb 13th, 2005 10:58 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

maybe you guys should email some directer and tell him to make a movie. LOTR wasnt a cartoon so Deltora Quest doesnt have to be either.

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 12:16 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

i know its doesn't have to be a cartoon and don't worry 'flee the evil 1'
it won't take as long it only took a while for LOTR cause when it was written it was WW2 or something so they didn't have the technology to make it a good movie, DQ was only written about a year after HP&TPS came out.
and i am planning on finding the some directors emails, if not fan-mail them or find address. (I will find them, don't you worry, i don't give up easy)
Although I'll email Emily first incase she's already organising it, to be a movie (hey she is the author and has a write)
And i'll check both her names, as well

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 10:42 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lief2345
warrior for god

well i dont even know why u guys are doing this if there will be no responce to our "pleads" unless one of u can get to talk to emily rodda somehow. shifty shifty

Old Post Feb 14th, 2005 08:47 PM
lief2345 is currently offline Click here to Send lief2345 a Private Message Find more posts by lief2345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

elanna riddle sed shes gonna email emily rodda. i didnt knowe she has two names.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 01:10 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

Emily Rodda's real name is Jennifer Rowe, which she uses for her adult mystery books, i did a project on her last year for English, and i'll do my best to contact her, if not there is always fan-mail.
And it is more popular then SOUE, so it will be noticed soon, the reason it hasn't been mentioned is probaly cause HP is a fantasy/adventure series as well, DQ is mostly fantasy/adventure with a hint of mystery.

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 03:49 AM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

emily rodda changed her name?! wats SOUE? series of unfortunate events? when are you going to email her?

Old Post Feb 15th, 2005 10:41 PM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

i eat scabs and boogers (anyones) just kidding im bored and i have nothing to do and you guys havent talked yet

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 12:59 AM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

waiting

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 12:59 AM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

i just cant wait until shadowlands comes out!

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 01:01 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

shadowlands will come, be patient.
And i'll email a message about this as soon as i can find a suitable email, for either emily or her publisher scholastic, as its more likely to be able to find that address.
Plus my email account won't work for the one i triedto send to scholastic, so something is wrong with my email

Old Post Feb 16th, 2005 04:15 AM
flee the evil 1
within

poor you BardaBlobO.o having to wait even longer then the rest of us sad

hang in there... the wait is deffinently worth it wink

Last edited by flee the evil 1 on Feb 17th, 2005 at 09:26 AM

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 09:23 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

no i was joking saying that i cant wait for it to come out. laughing

Old Post Feb 17th, 2005 10:37 PM
BardaBlobO.o
Bounty Hunter Bob

you guys going to type this month?

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2005 11:04 PM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

sorry year 10... no fun....
major work load,
I wish I was in lower classes, then what I'm in.
Sometimes I hate being smart smart

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2005 09:28 AM
flee the evil 1
within

yes, now i intend to type...

from any of the 3 Deltora Quest Series, wot is your fav book? I think i like 'The Shadowlands' and 'Shadowgate' the most, but my fav kind of changes from tym 2 tym. 'The Sister of the South' has my fav line in it though... whistle

Old Post Feb 24th, 2005 05:53 AM