KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Book Discussion Forum » Should Deltora Quest become a Movie

Should the series Deltora Quest be made into a movie/ movies?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Yes 93 69.40%
No 11 8.21%
Mabye 10 7.46%
Never heard of Deltora Quest 20 14.93%
Total: 134 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Should Deltora Quest become a Movie
Started by: Elanna Riddle

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (164): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

whoa Lief2345 a little harsh? But I completely agree with u. A anime would suk. What's the point? I mean they would probally make it look so fake with little birds flying around anyone's head when they get hurt. And that would be dumb.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 01:56 AM
RockandLove is currently offline Click here to Send RockandLove a Private Message Find more posts by RockandLove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flee the evil 1
within

i would also prefer live action, but two of my skool friengs think an anime version would work out great. i would probably still watch it though. i wouldnt be able to help my self wink

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:06 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

I wuld miss em all probally. And they r all gonna start in Austrailia. I live all the way across the world so I will have to wait 5x longer sad

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:10 AM
RockandLove is currently offline Click here to Send RockandLove a Private Message Find more posts by RockandLove Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
flee the evil 1
within

that's kind of funny, the only thing Australia gets before the rest of the world is DQ! normally it's the other way round. we hav to wait for everthing down here. like, most of our tv programs are more then a couple of seasons behind America's over here and after summer, all the gd shows get cut completely...

oh, well at least i have DELTORA QUEST. they will keep me sane. cool

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:16 AM
flee the evil 1 is currently offline Click here to Send flee the evil 1 a Private Message Find more posts by flee the evil 1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

Well I'm gettin to Australia as soon as I can. lol. don't ask. I'll just tell u. I had to do this kangaroo proj. in 3rd grade did reasearch on Australia and became obsessed. My role modle is the crocodile hunter. And all the cool people live in Austrailia. And all the good books are in Austrailia. And all the cool animals and good weather and things are in Australia. Like now it's summer there right?? Well it's freezing here. I would give anything to live in Australia. Ur so luky so don't go saying u don't got anything....(sorry about my speach on Australia)

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:21 AM
flee the evil 1
within

i reckon we have the best sports Down Under (AFL + Cricket) but i also play LaX which is deffinently bigger in America. i suggest you go to melbourne. Adelaide is great cos of Adelaide Oval but i like the feel of Melbourne more. maybe you could go to the Blue Mountains n track down Emily Rodda and beg her to write more DQ

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:31 AM
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

I'm gonna get ahold of her one way or another. I don't care what I have to do. I'm searching everywhere for her E-mail adress. BTW. did u check out my Deltora story?? I don't know if u read the post I wrote or not. If u did and u don't wanna read it that's ok...it's really bad Emily is so much better at writing them but if u didn't read the post and u wanna see it its
http://www.matmice.com/home/toranmagic88

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:35 AM
flee the evil 1
within

i've read the first two chapters and i want to know what happens next. r u planin on updatin soon? plz say yes!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:41 AM
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

yeah. I have 5 chapters written I just don't feel like tyeping. I'll type in now tho....or as much as I could get done.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:45 AM
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

I did some like a finished ch. 2. I left u hangin tho. sorry my hand hurtz now I typed that fast.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 03:11 AM
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

Did u read it at all?!?! sorry ur the only one who will actually read it so I just wanna see what u think..lol.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 03:36 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

HIIII
sorry, i haven't spoken in....hey its only been 2 days, i though it was longer.
Well anyway this gonna be a long post so, brace yourself.

Firstly.....with the anime DQ.....personally i will watch it anyway, even if it has the little birdies above their head when they get hurt....but if its a cartoon, it will probally loose the main effect and lots of people won't watch it.

Like....what would attact you in a movie trailer more IF you DIDN'T know about DQ,
An alive 16yr old boy and girl, plus a man, fighting a magical crearture , say an Ol in its white-shapless form(which is of course computer generteated)

Or

Two hand-drawn teens and a man, fighting a white blob on a darkish background.
(Sorry its just how i imagine a handrawn DQ)
Points why it should be live or PC genertaed/ DIGITAL

1.The Ol will be more scary and realistic, if it were PC generated, and they have the tech, to make it look real, there's a scene in Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith, when Obi-wan and Anakin are Digital, and its looks real (Saw it on 60mins)a

and

2. The effects on the movie would be better, like when Barda gets healed from the lilies of Life necter, in FoS, the clossing of the wound would have more effect on the audience, then a cartoon version.

BUT...(yes there is a 'but' in this debate)
The final desision rests on Emily Rodda, if she wants it cartton, live or digital, or whether it become a movie at all.
We the fans of DQ must respect her choice, as Emily and Emily alone has the final say in all of this.raver

Okay Secondly.
EMILY LIVES IN THE BLUE MOUNTAINS????
IF she does i just need her address, find a way to get up the mountains (you know car, bus, train....parents, wait a year till me or my BF have our learners permit or Ps)
And ask her myself in person if she will make a movie.
Cause.....I LIVE IN PENRITH, NSW.

Next.....flee the evil 1, the beginging of the script I wrote is surpose to be confusing(in a way, for non-DQ), i'm trying to put in importnat points, without revealing the swwp at the begining, with bit when lief is 10, it tells you the importance and story of the belt, and the royal family, and shows in the flashbacks during it that Lief's dad was present when the royal family escaped, everyone who hasn't read Return to Del would assume that the king and queen are the other too figures in hoods...(I am really sorry if someone who hasn't read RtD reads this part)
Remember most movies are about 2 - 2 and 1/2 hours long, at the most, it keeps the mystery, if each book was a movie then mabye we could go in to more concept but they'd still have to open it a different way, then the book, a mystery on screen is alot harder then a mystery book.
And scripts don't make sense sometimes.

And finnaly.....
Thankyou for the complements on the country of Austraila.
Sometimes i wouldn't agree with what you say about it, (weather-wise) but i wouldn't have it any other way......except.....
I would give anything for a snow day, i told my teacher this and he agrees, if its going to be cold why can't it be properly cold, BTW its Autum here.
Just to let you guys on the otherside of the world know.
In Austraila and probally the rest of the southern hemisphere....
Jan, Feb, Dec is summer.
Mar, Apr, May is Autum.
Jun, Jul, Aug is winter.
And
Sept, Oct, Nov, is Spring.

And for those who don't know i am 15, 16 in October.

Thankyou. big grin

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 09:13 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

HIIII
sorry, i haven't spoken in....hey its only been 2 days, i though it was longer.
Well anyway this gonna be a long post so, brace yourself.

Firstly.....with the anime DQ.....personally i will watch it anyway, even if it has the little birdies above their head when they get hurt....but if its a cartoon, it will probally loose the main effect and lots of people won't watch it.

Like....what would attact you in a movie trailer more IF you DIDN'T know about DQ,
An alive 16yr old boy and girl, plus a man, fighting a magical crearture , say an Ol in its white-shapless form(which is of course computer generteated)

Or

Two hand-drawn teens and a man, fighting a white blob on a darkish background.
(Sorry its just how i imagine a handrawn DQ)
Points why it should be live or PC genertaed/ DIGITAL

1.The Ol will be more scary and realistic, if it were PC generated, and they have the tech, to make it look real, there's a scene in Star Wars, Revenge of the Sith, when Obi-wan and Anakin are Digital, and its looks real (Saw it on 60mins)a

and

2. The effects on the movie would be better, like when Barda gets healed from the lilies of Life necter, in FoS, the clossing of the wound would have more effect on the audience, then a cartoon version.

BUT...(yes there is a 'but' in this debate)
The final desision rests on Emily Rodda, if she wants it cartton, live or digital, or whether it become a movie at all.
We the fans of DQ must respect her choice, as Emily and Emily alone has the final say in all of this.raver

Okay Secondly.
EMILY LIVES IN THE BLUE MOUNTAINS????
IF she does i just need her address, find a way to get up the mountains (you know car, bus, train....parents, wait a year till me or my BF have our learners permit or Ps)
And ask her myself in person if she will make a movie.
Cause.....I LIVE IN PENRITH, NSW.

Next.....flee the evil 1, the beginging of the script I wrote is surpose to be confusing(in a way, for non-DQ), i'm trying to put in importnat points, without revealing the swwp at the begining, with bit when lief is 10, it tells you the importance and story of the belt, and the royal family, and shows in the flashbacks during it that Lief's dad was present when the royal family escaped, everyone who hasn't read Return to Del would assume that the king and queen are the other too figures in hoods...(I am really sorry if someone who hasn't read RtD reads this part)
Remember most movies are about 2 - 2 and 1/2 hours long, at the most, it keeps the mystery, if each book was a movie then mabye we could go in to more concept but they'd still have to open it a different way, then the book, a mystery on screen is alot harder then a mystery book.
And scripts don't make sense sometimes.

And finnaly.....
Thankyou for the complements on the country of Austraila.
Sometimes i wouldn't agree with what you say about it, (weather-wise) but i wouldn't have it any other way......except.....
I would give anything for a snow day, i told my teacher this and he agrees, if its going to be cold why can't it be properly cold, BTW its Autum here.
Just to let you guys on the otherside of the world know.
In Austraila and probally the rest of the southern hemisphere....
Jan, Feb, Dec is summer.
Mar, Apr, May is Autum.
Jun, Jul, Aug is winter.
And
Sept, Oct, Nov, is Spring.

And for those who don't know i am 15, 16 in October.

Thankyou. big grin

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 09:19 AM
Elanna Riddle is currently offline Click here to Send Elanna Riddle a Private Message Find more posts by Elanna Riddle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

sorry i accidently posted twice
SORRY!!!!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 09:20 AM
RockandLove
Rodeo Angel

It's ok. I posted a whole thread twice on this other thing. Some girl deleted it tho. I don't kno if I told ya'll here yet but I am not gonna be on here for a week and a half or so cuz I am going on Vaca. (12 hours in a car...yipee....hey but I can probally write more of my Story!!) so n.e. I'll talk to u all when I get bak.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2005 02:55 PM
lief2345
warrior for god

i dont know if u guys noticed but she just named a grey guard pod

Old Post Mar 25th, 2005 01:26 PM
lief2345 is currently offline Click here to Send lief2345 a Private Message Find more posts by lief2345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lief2345
warrior for god

oh and does anyone here like transformers

Old Post Mar 26th, 2005 03:58 PM
lief2345 is currently offline Click here to Send lief2345 a Private Message Find more posts by lief2345 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Barda Blob

from a while ago the little thing that sits on jasmines shoulder is probably a rabratkangatigerlionbunnysnailkirbyolleafjasmineba
rdadogcatgoatchickenbeardeer.
thats wat i think it is. either a anime or a movie would be great. Happy easter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hey u guys wanna read my starwars book i am making? anyone here play runescape?

Old Post Mar 27th, 2005 06:19 PM
Barda Blob is currently offline Click here to Send Barda Blob a Private Message Find more posts by Barda Blob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

My brother played Runescape, now he's started playing NWN, (NeverWinter Nights)

Okay this is just random.......but....

Have Any of you guys heard of this show called W.I.T.C.H. (Created by Disney)
I think its only out in Canada, though. On a channel or something called Jetix, i think, or ABC Kids, or Toon Disney, not sure.

I really want to watch it, cause i get DGirl mag, and it has the comic.
(It started out as a comic, now there are books here in Aus.)
I can't wait till it starts showing in Aus.

For those who don't know about it.
And want to know the basic storyline, just ask.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 03:53 AM
Elanna Riddle
Fanfiction Author

okay well im guessing since no-one has answered for almost 6 hours you are all asleep, or at school. (BTW its 8pm here)
(Stupid time differences)

Old Post Mar 28th, 2005 10:00 AM