KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Brosnan sucks as James bond

Brosnan sucks as James bond
Started by: Mr Parker

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mr Parker

Brosnan sucks as James bond

Seriously he does.When Timothy Dalton took over for Roger Moore as James Bond I did not like the choice and thought he was a bad choice but I also said to myself back then-"Well at least Pierce Brosnan didnt take over,that would REALLY have sucked."Then my worst nightmare came true and Pierce Brosnan DID wind up getting the role and now Bond fans are stuck with him. mad I was so pissed off about him getting the role because the guy simply cannot act!!!! In every movie he is in and the bond movies are no exception,he ALWAYS plays Pierce Brosnan instead of the character.Just watch Remington Steele sometime and then watch the bond movies and you will see that he is always playing Pierce Brosnan instead of the character like some actors out there do.There are many actors in hollywood that are actors but they are not good actors because they cant act and are always playing themselves in their movies.Brosnan is one of them.They should have ended this damn franchise when Moore retired. mad thumb down

Old Post Dec 21st, 2004 11:40 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

ok... i honestly understand what u mean but...

i disagree with the point of him 'always playing himself', did u ever see 'evelyn'?

the reason he and remington are so similar is because both characters are so similar. in mrs doubtfire he played a smarmy bad guy, in evelyn a father trying to win custody of his children.

i can see where your coming from, there are so few actors with a wide range, but imo brosnan's is wide enough to be able to do bond, and i believe he did it well, i think he was second only to connery.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 12:33 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow_King
-

i think Brosnan did great job as 007. i just didnt like the storylines of the films he was in except golden eye i liked that one.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 02:11 AM
Shadow_King is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow_King a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow_King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

quote:
Originally posted by pr1983
ok... i honestly understand what u mean but...

i disagree with the point of him 'always playing himself', did u ever see 'evelyn'?

the reason he and remington are so similar is because both characters are so similar. in mrs doubtfire he played a smarmy bad guy, in evelyn a father trying to win custody of his children.

i can see where your coming from, there are so few actors with a wide range, but imo brosnan's is wide enough to be able to do bond, and i believe he did it well, i think he was second only to connery.

No I never saw that one.I'll check it out sometime but Ihave seen a couple others where I thought the same thing of Man he's just being Pierce Brosnan again.Please Moore was much better than Brosnan any day of the year.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 02:39 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

moore? seriously? i suppose everyone has there favourites, but to be honest brosnan always seemed better to me, better in a fight, great with the ladies... (famke janssen or grace jones?), i just always preferred brosnan to moore...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 02:53 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

quote:
Originally posted by Shadow_King
i think Brosnan did great job as 007. i just didnt like the storylines of the films he was in except golden eye i liked that one.

exactly the plots for the new movies make me wish they would just stop

although i always was big fan of moore because ive seen the older movies a million times and i loved him and connery of course

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 03:53 AM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

I believe Pierce did a great job as Bond and took it perfectly into the new century.

it's a matter of him getting a bad script and perhaps a bit too fantastic

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 01:29 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

although i always was big fan of moore because ive seen the older movies a million times and i loved him and connery of course [/B][/QUOTE]

Yeah I always loved Moore and Connery as well.I'll NEVER accept Brosnan as Bond though. sick If they are going to continue the series "which SHOULD have ended years ago." ,it needs a fresh start and someone new.

Last edited by Mr Parker on Dec 22nd, 2004 at 06:59 PM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 06:57 PM
yerssot

it is tanks to Pierce that the franchise got revitalised into the next century

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 08:31 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evy_O
don't let go

Parker! you posted, thanks yet again *covers with hugs*
though I DO dislike your opinion about Pierce...hmfhf stick out tongue

shallow me, then spit me out
for hating you I blame myself
seeing you it kills me now
no, I don't cry on the outside anymore...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 08:53 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

oh, isn't that cute... you can double date clovie and pr now eek!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:02 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

*pushes you to TR* happy

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:06 PM
Evy_O is currently offline Click here to Send Evy_O a Private Message Find more posts by Evy_O Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

hey, he likes you not me stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:12 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

I honestly think PB played the part well. He was a mixture of SC & RB -- both serious and with that humor British wit. I'm sorry to see him go!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:15 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and of course TD ! the killer instinct of him

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:20 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

Dalton was a bit too serious messed

quote:
Originally posted by yerssot
hey, he likes you not me stick out tongue
you two look cute together stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:26 PM
yerssot

but that was needed after the tongue-in-cheek humor of Moore messed

you and him look like a married couple

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:30 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

no, something in the middle was needed messed

huh? why? blink

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:53 PM
yerssot

how do you mean? messed

the fights, the sparkling love... the kids you have with him happy

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:56 PM
Evy_O
don't let go

I mean not too serious or too funny either messed

I cannot be with two, don't deny you are with TR now big grin

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2004 09:59 PM