KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » God's rest...

God's rest...
Started by: Imperial_Samura

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Afro Cheese

quote:
Originally posted by Mane
It's symbolic. And plus, mankind isn't known for its obedience.
If he was all powerful he would've seen that even if he did rest on Saturday mankind wasn't going to obey anyway. Most Christians in today's world don't.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:15 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:
To see how long it took him to create it you'd have to measure how long it was from before he created to when he finished creating it. How do you "backtrack" that and figure it was a day since there was no Earth at the time.

Not true. The universe could have started the instant he began and presumably did.

quote:

If he was all powerful he would've seen that even if he did rest on Saturday mankind wasn't going to obey anyway. Most Christians in today's world don't.

So he knew that.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:41 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

So if he created the universe in an instant than it didn't take him 6 days...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:44 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:
So if he created the universe in an instant than it didn't take him 6 days...

I said he began that instant.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 07:56 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

i have seen too many things in my life to think god is not all powerful.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:02 PM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

quote:
Originally posted by clickclick
I said he began that instant.
When you say "he began" you are saying God's existence began in an instant? I thought Christians believed God has been around forever?

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:13 PM
clickclick

quote:
When you say "he began" you are saying God's existence began in an instant? I thought Christians believed God has been around forever?

Began creating the universe.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:52 PM
DuronKiller
loves you

quote:
Originally posted by MC Mike
Did you know Saturday means Sabbath? Explain that to me.

The ancient Babylonians are known to have observed a seven-day week; each day dedicated to a different deity. The significance of seven comes from Babylonian astronomy. There are the seven heavenly bodies or luminaries normally visible to the naked eye (the Sun, Moon, and 5 visible planets), and they associated each with a deity. Babylonian use of the seven-day week may have influenced other cultures of the Eastern Mediterranean and the Middle East.

i knew that already.... i never thought sunday would be the right day... wink
i dont know what youre trying to tell me.....

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 12:23 AM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eezy45
Winter is coming

Re: God's rest...

quote:
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
So, if one is to believe in God, one is to believe he is all powerful....

So why did he need to rest on the 7th day? Is there some reason why an all powerful being needed to relax after creating all? A symbolic reason? A metaphysical one? Or maybe a theological cause....

Either way, it is hard to see how he/she/it is all powerful if he/she/it becomes tired....

And if God rests on a Sunday, what occupies the rest of his time?

after all, Days don't have to be 24 earth hours... right..?

I mean... what if we're still on the 7th day... who knows how long god's days are?

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:33 PM
eezy45 is currently offline Click here to Send eezy45 a Private Message Find more posts by eezy45 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DuronKiller
loves you

Re: Re: God's rest...

quote:
Originally posted by eezy45
after all, Days don't have to be 24 earth hours... right..?

I mean... what if we're still on the 7th day... who knows how long god's days are?

if we were on the 7th day there were no women... stick out tongue

and only one man "adam" big grin

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 04:56 PM
DuronKiller is currently offline Click here to Send DuronKiller a Private Message Find more posts by DuronKiller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

so maybe its the 8th. Actually I think god created mankind on one of those day, the adam story ia a whole different thing

Old Post Jan 5th, 2005 05:10 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote