KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What in the Bíble has to be taken literally what not

What in the Bíble has to be taken literally what not
Started by: Bardock42

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DirectorFitz

I guess the main one with not to take literally is Revelations...it's all symbolism, but still the truth. For instance, it mentions the Anti-Christ riding in on a white horse, and he brings false peace to all nations...true and not true...the Anti-Christ riding a horse is symbolism for a "hero" coming to save the day...with false peace to promise to the world.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:03 PM
DirectorFitz is currently offline Click here to Send DirectorFitz a Private Message Find more posts by DirectorFitz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
I guess the main one with not to take literally is Revelations...it's all symbolism, but still the truth
make up your mind

Old Post Jan 11th, 2005 06:48 AM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crickey77

I think this stuff is fascinating. I don't know to what degree I take the Revelations literally. But it is interesting how it is portrayed in entertainment. Has anyone heard about this new Revelations show that is coming out in the spring. It is about a Harvard scholar and a nun and the end of the world. It sounds interesting because it considers religion and science, where as a lot of movies only have one or the other.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2005 08:24 PM
crickey77 is currently offline Click here to Send crickey77 a Private Message Find more posts by crickey77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote