KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » CHRISTMAS GIFT- RP area brand new trivia quiz! All please, have a stab!

CHRISTMAS GIFT- RP area brand new trivia quiz! All please, have a stab!
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

CHRISTMAS GIFT- RP area brand new trivia quiz! All please, have a stab!

Totally for fun, why not have a stab at this quiz based upon the plot of my Star Wars game? Note, of course, that the longer you have played, the more likely you are to know stuff. The quiz deals mainly with the events from the tail end of Episode III onwards... so from stuff over the last two years.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 01:17 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

A. Easy Questions!

These questions are easy because they are not hard to look up if you need to.

1. Which Jedi exterminated the Cult of Demnos?
2. Who was the ‘Fixer’ who made a living out of making introductions on Nar Shadda?
3. What was the name of the civilian (i.e. non-Jedi) Lightsabre teacher, who had retired and moved to Malastare?
4. What was the name of the species that Ascar’s pupils impersonated when using the Dojo of the man from question 3?
5. And why did they choose that species?
6. Who was the Prelate that was the Dark Side players’ liaison to the Order of Miramar, and later led the rebellion against the players?
7. And what means was Saar using to keep them in check?
8. And why did that method cease to have an effect?
9. What was the name of the killer insect swarm species on the planet Dordellus?
10. And what was the best way to deal with that species?

B. Visions of the Force

The Force has had a lot to say about the plots that the players are involved in. Problem is, of course, that very few of you are able to hear it properly. A few questions, then, on the Force trying to make some points:

1. When Kuylen began his final push to Avalar, the potentiality of power and change to the Galaxy created a Disturbance in the Force. But only two people noticed it. Who were these two people, and why did they notice it in lieu of others?
2. Gundark was plagued with the potential of an upcoming Disturbance of the Force all the way through Episode V. What was the upcoming cause of that disturbance, and how was it averted?
3. Takuan was also hit by a vision in Episode V, though it didn’t plague him. In fact, it was very informative, but sadly Takuan’s force senses are like trying to watch 5 tv channels overlapped at the same time. The vision was trying to tell him one very important thing and several less important, but still relevant, things. Name the big important thing and as many of the small ones as you can.
4. In contrast, in the first Episode of the new campaign, the Jedi have received absolutely no help from the Force at all. Why is this?
5. The Force has quite often shown parts of the future. What is the only time in this game that it has shown sustained information about the past?

C. Harder questions

These questions relate more to motivations and backgrounds that might be harder to simply look up.

1. Why was the Elder on Zeiton determined to execute the Jedi on his world as soon as possible? Why would he never have succeeded even in the best of circumstances?
2. Ascar seems suddenly very willing to help the Jedi on Coruscant this Campaign. What motivations can you think of for his actions?
3. What was Kuylen’s ultimate plan had he succeeded in all his plots in the original campaign? Why could this never have happened?
4. What was Chion’s ultimate motivation for everything he did? Why did he choose to end that path on Zeiton?
5. What is the genuine reason behind the creation of the Bureau of Immigration and Undesirables?

D. Grudge matches

People take stuff personally in these games. Good! Makes for better drama in plotlines. Name as many grudges that PCs hold to other people (including other PCs) inside the game so far. Oh yes, there will be more…

E. Impossible questions

You should have been able to answer these, but you can’t. Still, have fun taking a stab anyway.

1. Where did Ascar find the Astrolabe (when all of them were meant to have been destroyed)?
2. Why has Balek given up his life of Bounty Hunting by the time of the second Campaign?
3. What means of sub-light propulsion does Scorpio use?
4. What is Doon’s homeworld?
5. What template is Helkin? (ok, you might be able to get that one)

F. The round of endless hatred

Hade, Ascar, Persis, Nebb, Helkin… many are the NPCs that have been loathed beyond human reasoning in this game. Good! Again! Hating NPCs keeps players interested. So, let’s get a vote on who each player considers to be the most annoying person they have met! Exempting any other PCs here please- don’t want to start a war.

G. Quotes round.

Who said each of the following, and at which point?

1. “It’s always worth remembering a name.”
2. “Security is for the dedicated rather than the intelligent. No insult to your job, of course.”
3. “It is the first time you have killed in a long time.”
4. “I will do everything in my power to extricate you from this unfortunate situation.”
5. “Me… I like to travel.”

H. The beyond impossible questions

You actually have to be able to see the future to get these. They are actually teasers.

1. What is the saying that the criminal types of the Galaxy have about the Golden Serpent? And why does the Mecrossa Order refuse to take contracts on it?
2. Carlan Ryamore is a Vice-President of the Techno-Union, but what is his other job for the Union, and how did that put him in the position to organise the Conspiracy?
3. Why are the mountain tops of Epireus the only safe place for humans, and similar species, to dwell on that world? Why does this suit the Dark Siders?
4. Kuylen was declared dead more than three decades before any of you met him- by whom, and why?
5. Many of our Star Wars plots or characters have been echoed by what GL wrote for the actual films, without us knowing it when writing. The BB-50 has suffered a similar fate, but not from a Star Wars film… which film has used the same idea?

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

BtVS

Last edited by Ushgarak on Dec 24th, 2004 at 03:06 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 01:18 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

*pull out large knife.....*
A5-I forget what the species was, but it was chosen because it was all defensive and portective untill someone got to close and then it was quick and deadly.
A-10 Using the sonic thingys, high pitched noise kills 'em, Forgot their name though...
C-1 He didn't like us becuase we were gonna disturbe the balance, Everyone was force sensitive on Zeton, but they were forced to supress it so they didn't turn all evil and destroy them-selves. Its was usless because it was too late by the time they got us, if I remember correctly it riots had allready started when they let us out. O and the Darkies were allready causeing hell.
C-3 Didn't Kuylen want to find the Temple of some Sith guy so he could study his writing, and/or sap some of his power or something like that, so he could become a Sith. This couldn't happen becuase the temple had been cleared out centruys before by the people who hid the planet.
C-5 Eliminate the Darkies? Accually doesn't it have somethign to do with Sidiuses rise to power, Its a baby empire right?

D:
I know of Lance (who is dead now but he's returning *yay!*) and Galder, A bit between Me and Gader just becuase of our massive fight. Kuylen really doesn't like Gundy, but I don't know if that counts. Thats all I can think of.

F: I'm gonna go with Balek. just because he's an annoying little bastard...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 02:53 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

A10. something with sound, I think we activated some kinda high pitched noise thingy

C1. because they were all force sensitive and he knew his society with errupt in a huge light vs dark civil war?
C4. To kill as many things as possible? Chion was mad

D. Marcus VS Galder and Vice Versa

E2. because he is being forced to do so, maybe a kidnapped relative or something like that

F. Nebb, and persis a tad but most likely Nebb evil face

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 03:01 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oooh, ok, some notes...

It was indeed sonic waves to defeat the insects... see if you get anywhere with the name.

Bang on with Chion- his only motivation was insane mass murder and blowing up Zeiton would have been the best result he could hope for.

The Elder was indeed worried about the loss of Balance on his homeworld. However, there is a more fundamental reason why he would have failed in the best of circujkstances- the best involving the Darkies not being there etc. Perhaps better to say he probably would have failed but we never got the chance to find out.

With Kuylen, you have named one of the means, but not the ends.

Need to be more precise about the Bureau's founding.

Did you even meet Balek, Roan? If not, that guy has done a class deal on making people dislike him. His reputation spreads far...

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 03:10 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

No never met him, just Read Rex's story and watched Marcus's encounter...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:10 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
5. What is the genuine reason behind the creation of the Bureau of Immigration and Undesirables?

Oooh oooh I know this one!!!

How detailed an answer you want? Or can I just leave it with they're the beginning of the Empire?

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:16 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Heh! Sure, though for full marks, you have to exactly describe the circumstances of it being set up.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:27 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Uhh,
WEll it goes soemthign along the lines of,
The Jedi knights can't do everything, we need some other sort of organization to hunt down other brands of organized, focused evil-doers (read: Darksiders) this organization should have unlimited funds and be outside the law because they are doing good things.

Good nuff?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:35 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Specific to the person involved. That's the story as far as most people know it.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:37 PM
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Wasn't it Sidious?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:39 PM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Yes it was, so what is his motivation?

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 04:42 PM
Dexx
wingless

removing the dark side of the force competitors (if you can call them that) without paying any attention to the process. he has important tasks at hand...like conquering the galaxy smile

i know some of the rest also. but i'm too lazy to post right now stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 05:00 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

quote:
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Specific to the person involved. That's the story as far as most people know it.

I'm not most people, though....big grin

The Bureau, set up by Sidious, has a bigger purpose than just wiping out the Dark Siders...(come on guys, it's the foundation for the Empire, you should be able to figure this out...) The purpose of the Bureau is to wipe out ALL Jedi, not just us darkies. They're just starting out with the Dark Siders as practice, if you will, because we're more accessible. Plus they can get away with going after the darkies because we're a general pain in the ass to the rest of the galaxy stick out tongue But the Bureau's eventual goal is to get rid of all the Jedi, light and dark, so that the Empire can be founded and Sidious can have total control.

Hah!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 05:10 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Oh, well, you didn't have to say THAT much... Dexx had the main point, in that it is Sidious' latest means of removing competition.

Sidious has been trying to get rid of these gobshitey upstarts from square one. He would have liked to have sent Maul to deal with them, but irritatingly some oik of a Padawan had just hacked Maul in half and ruined THAT plan. Throughout the first campaign, then, Sidious manipulated Gundark and her team into doing that work for him, to hunt down Kuylen and crew. Whilst Kuylen's ambitions were brought to a crashing halt., Sidious is dissatisfied with not only Kuylen but many of his old followers still being alive- and furthermore, the Council had shut down his use of the Jedi as his personal death squad. Sidious had Dooku as a replacement, but he was hardly an assassin and besides- he was working on a bigger project; the build up to the Clone Wars.

Ever the long-term planner, Sidious puts the Bureau together to act as his new personal death squad. First target- those bloody Dark Siders. And then, as Alana says, once they are up to scratch having trained against them... they will hunt down the remaining Jedi.

BtVS

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 05:17 PM
Peach
mordrem

Well, you said a detailed answer was okay...

...and besides which, now I can laugh at Tpt for all the times he's made fun of us having trouble fighting the Osokans! Which you know I've been wanting to do!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 05:22 PM
Dexx
wingless

a3: teshan
a4: mogarian, i think..something with 'm' anyway
a5: because oxygen is toxic to their skin...therefore they must wear a suit covering their whole body. great for cover
a6:nayler..i think.
a7: he kept the daughter of the miramar leader (some sort of royalty?) imprisoned in a ...criostase chamber. or some other form of sedationsmile
a8: because as soon as the miramar connected us to their previous sith experiences, that was enough to risk the life of that hostage

b1: i think one of them was edna. because of her talent with the force...
b2: the distrubance, i'd say, is because of what would have happened, were chion to succede in his demented course of actions. the deaths of all those creatures. it was stopped because I stick out tongue killed him
b3: well..i probably shouldn't answer this one. though the main thing the vision was trying to tell me was what i said above.
b4: perhaps (i didn't check) one of us has master obfuscate and/or the jedi had bad premonition rolls that would normally tell something about us. (but we're safe under obfuscate)
b5: my glimpses of the sith events? don't know...just a stab smile

c1: easy..already been answered
c2: he want's his hands washed of the whole kuylen& minions affair. Aiding the jedi and getting on their good graces keeps him safe also...
c4: already answered
c5: same

D: lance and galder. marcus and galder. ...galder you t.wat! do you HAVE to piss everyone off? stick out tongue (omg...t.wat is consored? confused )

F: i'd have to say balek. thoug helkin is probably more dangerous if i think about it. though balek is simply annoying

h3: the only logical answer would be that the base of the planet (downwards of the mountain tops) is filled with non-environmental friendly chemicals, lethal to humans. much like windu's homeworld (can't rememebr the name)
h4: by the jedi council....after an unsuccesful mission back when he was a promissing jedi knight, when he went MIA
h5: what's bb-50?

Last edited by Dexx on Dec 24th, 2004 at 06:25 PM

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 06:23 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

Yes, yes I do have to piss EVERYONE off.

I also have a grudge against Balek that I never got to finish!

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 06:26 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

I'm taking a stab at this myself, I'll post what I come up with...

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 06:28 PM
REXXXX is currently offline Click here to Send REXXXX a Private Message Find more posts by REXXXX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
REXXXX
Networking

H5. Does this have something to do with Kuylen being a fallen Jedi Knight that is extremely skilled with a lightsaber who was originally going to be a fallen Master but Dooku was introduced?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2004 06:48 PM