KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » The "Save the Forum" Campaign

The "Save the Forum" Campaign
Started by: vvvrulz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): « First ... « 9 10 [11] 12 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
U Neek
Mr

Same here!

My apologies for not posting on here sooner but my decline in posts coincided with Ahnold's [first] absence from the T Forum. This was due to many reasons; one of them being my Internet provider tried to jip me with their charges for using the Internet.

Anyways, I have a good Broadband connection now, and I've been reading the threads in the T Forum. But I've only been posting "here and there", which I know is not good enough. Hopefully with Ahnold and barand1, who are some hard core T soldiers, along with a few other members (Alic88, vvvrulz, etc) we can reignite life back into this Forum.

I hope to be discussing many Terminator related issues with you all in the very near future.

U Neek

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 11:29 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

It's our mission cool

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/trailermaker/view/7frbbc

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 12:30 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Thanks for your support guys - glad to hear that you're on board smile . Us "hard core T Soldiers" all have to stick together on this one stick out tongue .

Ahnold Sez: (From "The Expendables 2"): "My *shoe* is bigger than this cahr!"

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 12:34 PM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

What can i do to help ?

Old Post Jul 5th, 2007 08:37 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Re: Help Save The Forum ... Before It's Too Late!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ahnold
As you may or may not be aware, there has been a lot of discussion in the "news and suggestions" forum of late about the future of certain movie franchise forums here at the KMC - and the "Terminator" forum itself has come up quite a lot.

I don't mean to offend anyone here, and apologies for my ignorance because I have not read the "news and suggestions" forum [yet] but I hope The Matrix forum is coming up just as much as the T forum in any discussions to close forums down. I say this because the last post on The Matrix forum was 17th April 2007...

Food for thought.

U

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 11:21 AM
U Neek is currently offline Click here to Send U Neek a Private Message Find more posts by U Neek Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
barand1

Just goes to show who has the most loyal fans wink

As much I'm not a fan of the Matrix films I do like watching them, because I do like my sci-fi films smile

But saying that... give me a Terminator DVD any day big grin

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 12:27 PM
barand1 is currently offline Click here to Send barand1 a Private Message Find more posts by barand1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
coolmovies

The last post in the matrix forums was yesturday if you look carfully

Last edited by coolmovies on Jul 6th, 2007 at 01:53 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 01:50 PM
coolmovies is currently offline Click here to Send coolmovies a Private Message Find more posts by coolmovies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
U Neek
Mr

Sorry, I missed that one. I always assumed that the topic at the top of the Forum was the one with the latest post. However I have just realised this is not the case...

I liked the first Matrix film but if I had to pick that Trilogy or the Terminator trilogy, then Terminator wins (for me).

Old Post Jul 6th, 2007 07:05 PM
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Re: Re: Help Save The Forum ... Before It's Too Late!

Originally posted by coolmovies
What can I do to help ?

What you *have* been doing - continuing to post smile (though I am not, of course, endorsing posts for posts' sake ...).

Originally posted by U Neek
I don't mean to offend anyone here, and apologies for my ignorance because I have not read the "news and suggestions" forum [yet] but I hope The Matrix forum is coming up just as much as the T forum in any discussions to close forums down.

It has been mentioned, but not as much as this forum has. Whilst I am not lobbying for *any* forum to be deleted, this discrepancy does surprise me, considering that the "Matrix" franchise has a very limited future compared to the "Terminator" one. I mean, at least *this* franchise has a movie(s?) and a TV show on the way; so why are we *first* in the firing line mad ?!

Old Post Jul 10th, 2007 01:29 AM
Ahnold is currently offline Click here to Send Ahnold a Private Message Find more posts by Ahnold Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ahnold
The Former Governator

Sigh ... it's kinda sad to think that when this "Save The Forum" campaign was first launched (waaay back in December of 2004), its aim was to make the "Terminator" forum a proper one here at the KMC, and to elevate it above the level of just an insignificant Sub-Forum. 2 and a half years down the line, not only are we still a Sub-Forum, but we are even now fighting for this forum's very existence. It truly is very sad sad ...

I can only hope that, with the recent influx of posts to the forum (good job, people big grin ), it might yet live to fight another day ...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2007 12:36 AM
U Neek
Mr

Hey, at least we've still got somewhere to post eh? It's not all bad. And this new Terminator movie seems to be promising. Or maybe it'll be another movie where you and I continue to argue against each other's opinions of the movie, eh Ahnold?

Old Post Jul 17th, 2008 06:32 PM
barand1

I've been coming here everyday lately and I must say it is quite sad to see no one post apart from me (apart from the recent lot of posts).

This forum 'must live!'

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 06:54 AM
U Neek
Mr

Guilty as charged mate. My apologies but I don't feel I have anything worthy to contribute to the T forums...I dunno why. This new movie hasn't got me as hyped up as I thought it would have. I was more hyped up about T3, which is a shame really...

I have been visiting the T forums everyday for the past few months. But I enjoy reading the older threads and that. Plus with not many others posting regularly...Aww I could go on with the excuses! My apologies.

However, I give props where props are due so a big "Thank You" to you barand1 for not only providing us with new information but for keeping things going. I'm sure when Salvation is a couple of months away the forum will start seeing a rise in posts (I hope). But when that time comes, we can't forget those that were here posting continuously when the movie was only a rumour.

Cheers mate!

-U

Old Post Jul 18th, 2008 06:01 PM
barand1

Thank you and thank you for your recent props, it's nice to read what others are thinking, knowing, doing etc.

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 07:32 AM
U Neek
Mr

Yeah, it's good to post, but sometimes we all get busy and stuff.

I've just re-read my post and although I say this new movie hasn't got me hyped, I am looking forward to it and will be one of the first in line to watch it when it's released!

Old Post Jul 21st, 2008 06:22 PM
barand1

Me too, I don't remember blinking when I went to watch T3.

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 06:53 AM
U Neek
Mr

Same here.

Just to watch a Terminator movie at the flicks I think is awesome, despite me not being a huge fan of T3. As much as I b!tch about it, I did go to watch it twice at the cinema!

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 06:48 PM
barand1

Ha ha, yeah I know what you mean. I think I saw it twice as well, maybe even three times. I like the film, obviously not the best out the three but still a good sci-fi action film with enough story in there to be worthy of a Terminator film (in my eyes).

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 06:55 AM
RevoWution™©®
pr0F3ss0r_F4rnsw0rth

Originally posted by barand1
Ha ha, yeah I know what you mean. I think I saw it twice as well, maybe even three times. I like the film, obviously not the best out the three but still a good sci-fi action film with enough story in there to be worthy of a Terminator film (in my eyes).

T3 may have been sub-par you compare it to T1 and T2, but it definitely trumps 75% of all the sci-fi action movies that come out!

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: All your Rick Roll are belong to me!!

Old Post May 6th, 2009 07:45 AM
RevoWution™©® is currently offline Click here to Send RevoWution™©® a Private Message Find more posts by RevoWution™©® Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by RevoWution™©®
T3 may have been sub-par you compare it to T1 and T2, but it definitely trumps 75% of all the sci-fi action movies that come out!
No; it doesn't even do that.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 01:47 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote