KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Blade vs Captain America

Blade vs Captain America
Started by: snoopdogg

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K3VIL
Neutral Force

who-kid your list has no sense.Why?Let me answer

Experience :

They fought different foes, just because Blade, that hasn't been on comics until is movie was released for a long period, is the only motive cause it SEEMS that he has less experience.He has fought demons, vampires, werewolves, god-like beings, and survive.

Fighting :

He's a great martial artist and his trained also to hit critical points like heart and head against vampires, just because he's not famous as Cap, doesn't mean he's not a great combatant.

Weapons :

Only sector in which Cap is superior, the shield is unbreakable, but not a lot but some Cap's foe were able to catch the shield and without it it's a fist to fist fight.The fight that it must be

Intelligence :

Cap is a great leader and tactician, but Blade is smart too, and he's a great detective.

5. Powers : pff, let's just say they're about equal, the slight differences in strength or agility or endurance (if there are differences) won't make much difference. No points here.

This is the most stupid thing i read on this thread.
ABOUT EQUAL?
Do you understand the difference between a peak condition human and a peak condition DAYWALKER?
HUMAN
Cap is human, he's the pinnacle of human physical condition, but still human
DAYWALKER
Blade his the pinnacle of physical condition for a vampire, a creature that is above a human in physical abilities.
About equal powers?
You forgot that:
Cap can lift 800lbs
Blade can lift 1ton

Blade has healing abilities that grants him stamina and resistance to pain and injury at superhuman level

Cap has great stamina, very great, but he doesn't heal or recover fast as Blade, so he's under him as in the strenght area

Reflexes, Speed and Agility

Except for the agility, Cap isn't fast as Blade, and his reflexes aren't on Blade's level

And Cap lead the Avengers against strong foes, but leading and staying around the fight cause you cannot do nothing against an enemy is a different thing.

Against Pagan Cap lead the Avengers cause he was totally outmatched, what can he do to something that give Thor hard time?
Against Jonathan Tremont, to rest in the Triune saga, he was leading, not fighting, yes because it's stupid attack someone that you can't hurt, but it also means he was outmatched.
So don't try to use the leading argument to make Cap appearing over Blade.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 09:05 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by K3VIL
who-kid your list has no sense.Why?Let me answer

Experience :

They fought different foes, just because Blade, that hasn't been on comics until is movie was released for a long period, is the only motive cause it SEEMS that he has less experience.He has fought demons, vampires, werewolves, god-like beings, and survive.

I really hope you're not going to compare the experience of Blade to that of Captain America, who was already fighting and leading armies - or stuff like that - before Blade's mother was born. And who has fought almost EVERY major - and minor - villain there is.
quote:
He's a great martial artist and his trained also to hit critical points like heart and head against vampires, just because he's not famous as Cap, doesn't mean he's not a great combatant..

I don't question his fighting abilities, they're just not on the same level, nothing more.
quote:
Only sector in which Cap is superior, the shield is unbreakable, but not a lot but some Cap's foe were able to catch the shield and without it it's a fist to fist fight.The fight that it must be.

The fight that it must be ? Why ? Because you think Blade will wipe the floor with Captain America ? Sure...
quote:
Cap is a great leader and tactician, but Blade is smart too, and he's a great detective..

Blade has proved himself against vampires time and again, but the thing you like to ignore, is that Captain America has fought almost Everybody Else.

quote:
5. Powers : pff, let's just say they're about equal, the slight differences in strength or agility or endurance (if there are differences) won't make much difference. No points here
This is the most stupid thing i read on this thread.
ABOUT EQUAL?

Yes, about equal, maybe Blade is a bit stronger and all, but again, not much, and certainly not enough to make a difference.
quote:
You forgot that:
Cap can lift 800lbs
Blade can lift 1ton

Wow, talk about huge differences !!! My God, Captain America is as good as dead !
quote:
Blade has healing abilities that grants him stamina and resistance to pain and injury at superhuman level.

So has Captain America. Your point being ?

quote:
And Cap lead the Avengers against strong foes, but leading and staying around the fight cause you cannot do nothing against an enemy is a different thing.

Yeah, that's Captain America for you : sitting in a chair and telling his team members who to attack first. He wouldn't dream of fighting in the frontline wink
quote:
So don't try to use the leading argument to make Cap appearing over Blade.

I'll use whatever argument I feel like. That's how it goes in a debate

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 09:55 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Captain America has not kind of healing factor or abilities, he recover slightly and read here SLIGHTLY more than human standards.Blade has real healing powers, and so his stamina his greater.Blade has more the double of Cap's strenght, and it's a great difference.Cap staying in the fight without attacking, that's what i was saying, but you don't understand.Cap stays in frontline but not alway go against the enemy the Avengers are fighting.Please are you reading what i wrote?Blade not fought only vampires, but demons and werewolves, and Lilith that is a god, and Varnae, another god-like character.
Why you don't like the fight situation of Blade bare hands and Cap bare hands?Because you known that Blade would defeat him.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 10:08 PM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Skill doesn't always matter when you're facing an opponent who's obviously stronger, faster and virtually indestructable. If that were the case Hulk, Abomination and Juggernaut would easily be taken down by skilled people such as Shang Chi and Iron Fist. I believe it comes down to endurance. Especially in a fight concerning people going one on one with one another. The fighter who can take the most punishment as well as deal it out would eventually win. Blade seems to have that over Captain America. The fact that got me was when it was mentioned that Captain America was indeed merely a human with peak strength and performance. I've seen what Blade is capable of in the comics as well as the all to famous movies. His, strength, speed and durability truly outshine Captain America and isn't that what counts in a one on one fight? But then Captain America does have skill and strength that could rival Blade's not making him an easy mark. It's really a hard call. I'll read more before I can make a decision. But I am leaning towards Blade....since it's said he has all the strength of Vampires....which is obviously more potent than even a superhuman.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 10:13 PM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

So were back to Blade is better because he is half vampire again... sad.

Cap is well over 800 pounds lifting range, in Captain America 402(v1) he benches 1100 pounds with out breaking a sweat, then goes on to match Black Widow in gymnastics. He has sent Wolverine flying through a car with a single punch, through the car! The doors were closed and with one punch Wolverine was sent through the car, bending the shit out of it until he reached the other side... were he still was being propelled by the force of the attack. Blade's only advantage is a slight strength one, every where else he is out classed.

Marvel Vampires < Hand Ninjas

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 10:32 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by srankmissingnin

Cap is well over 800 pounds lifting range, in Captain America 402(v1) he benches 1100 pounds with out breaking a sweat, then goes on to match Black Widow in gymnastics. He has sent Wolverine flying through a car with a single punch, through the car! The doors were closed and with one punch Wolverine was sent through the car, bending the shit out of it until he reached the other side... were he still was being propelled by the force of the attack. Blade's only advantage is a slight strength one, every where else he is out classed.

I couldn't agree more. Do you want to marry me ?

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 10:36 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Sorry... but, I think all pass on the marriage. I'll say it is nice to see another sane person in this thread though.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Dec 27th, 2004 11:12 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

Yo, I'm back. This fight is definitly too close to call. C.A. would win in any comic, simply because he always wins. But... in a realistic fight, it would be unbelievably close. If Blade was as major a character, and had as many appearances as C.A. we'd have more proof to push on him in this fight, but being such an obscure character, what hes done is limited to somewhere aroudn 2, maybe 2 1/2 dozen comics. Until I see more from Blade (One of my favs) C.A. has it. (I hate C.A.)

This forum sucks.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 01:11 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I like Blade more then Cap, but sorry to all Blade fans...Captain America wins this one.

Of course, it was already established so...

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 01:20 AM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:

1100 pounds are not 1Ton, he's still under in strenght sector.His speed and reflexes, so reaction time too, aren't that of Blade, are that of peak human, not a peak vampire.Blade send flying through things enemies really easy too.In the 2nd movie he send flying to a wall a security guard with one kick like it was a ball, in the 3rd he throw another sec guard at a piece of steel and the guard bend it.
In comics he catch for the neck a vampire and throw it up into air making him surpassing the fencing of his base and landing where he can be killed by UV lights security sistem.The fencing was like 7feet tall and the vampire was throw from Blade like a little bubble gum from his position into the base, the vampire cover a distance of 12feets, isn't that a great feat of strenght?And why don't we talk of Blade jumping from rooftops of buildings of 10 or 15floor height and landing unharmed on the ground?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 12:05 PM
MatchesMalone

Who? Kid, you made a small list making certain comparisons between Blade and Captain America's abilities. If you don't mind, I would like to make comments towards the corresponding numbers.

1. Experience- You gave to Cap. I'm with you. Both have a great deal of experience in combat. But, If I was forced to choose, I would go for Cap.

2.Fighting-You gave to Cap. I'm still with you. Both are superb martial artists. Blade is one of the best fighters, but so is Cap. If they both had equal physical stats, I would be inclined to say Cap could beat him in unarmed combat.

3.Weapons-You gave to Cap. You're just misinformed. Blade carries more than just a sword.

4.Intelligence-You gave to Cap. I'm with you again. Both are very smart guys. If I had a gun put to my head and forced to choose, I would probably pick Cap.

5.Powers-You gave to Cap. You are misinformed again. Equal? Slight difference? Huh? Cap has peak everything. Blade has super everything, plus a healing factor. It would take two Captain Americas to equal Blade in strength. In real life, doubling somebody's capabilities is not slight in any way, shape, or form. Although, in your defense, I have noticed you have been forced to spend a great deal of time in your career, arguing with individuals that have tried to trivialize Spiderman being greater than 10 times stronger than Batman. After extensive arguing like that, being only two times physically better would appear slight.

So, using your list, I have scored Captain America 3 and Blade 2. You may ask, if I have scored Cap more points than Blade, why do I think Blade will win? Because, there is no accurate way to allocate points to certain abilities. Using that very same list, I would score Captain America 4 and Superman 1. But, Superman would cream Cap in less than 2 seconds. However, I do see your point of view. If I thought that Blade only used a sword and had peak human abilities, I would also lean towards Cap. A few comments that I have made may have appeared condescending. If they were, that was not my intention and was a lack of communication skills on my part.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 02:43 PM
MatchesMalone is currently offline Click here to Send MatchesMalone a Private Message Find more posts by MatchesMalone Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

quote:
Originally posted by MatchesMalone
So, using your list, I have scored Captain America 3 and Blade 2. You may ask, if I have scored Cap more points than Blade, why do I think Blade will win? Because, there is no accurate way to allocate points to certain abilities.

Yes, true enough, but it's the "best" we have, all the rest is just a guessing game, and I suck in guessing games...
quote:
A few comments that I have made may have appeared condescending. If they were, that was not my intention and was a lack of communication skills on my part.

Absolutely no problem. Together with a few others on this thread, you're one of the "informed and still polite" people, a rare combination wink.

Oops, before I forget : I did not give Captain America a point for powers, because the difference in strength and endurance is nothing special, countless enemies of Captain America are stronger than Cap and Blade together ! that's why I don't consider the strength-difference as a big factor here, and that's also the reason why I didn't give Cap or Blade any points. They both can take some kicks and punches from each other.

That's all folks.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:44 PM
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Don't worry, Who-kid. You formed an opinion based on your assumptions...and backed them up too....some with facts-some with educated perception. It took me less than one day in here to realize there are a few who don't know how to get a point across verbally without making a total ass of themselves. There are some who don't seem to understand that you can argue or debate, and not be a jerk about it at the same time. Unfortunately, diplomacy and tact are not inherited skills...takes time to get good at them. Conversely then, there's still hope for some of these people.

Yeah, stay away from Matches....had problems with him too.

(just kidding MM)

laughing

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:13 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I think the major factor in this fight is gonna be Blades healing factor. I just dont see cap putting Blade down at all. It would be a long fight but Blades abililty to regenerate cannot be ignored and will be the deciding factor in this fight.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 11:56 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Plus if Blade see Caps bleeding I think that will just amp Blade up to where Cap will bow down.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 11:57 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
Originally posted by juggernaut74
I think the major factor in this fight is gonna be Blades healing factor. I just dont see cap putting Blade down at all. It would be a long fight but Blades abililty to regenerate cannot be ignored and will be the deciding factor in this fight.

I agree.If Blade broke Cap's arm or Cap's ribs, he would be slowed and weaker and he will take days to recover, Blade, just minutes to regenerate broken bones.

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 01:18 PM
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Blade healing factor isn't that good... he has to where a bullet proof vest after all.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 12:31 AM
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
Blade healing factor isn't that good... he has to where a bullet proof vest after all.

The bulletproof vest is just for addictional protection.9mm or anyway low/medium caliber bullets can just slow him, not kill him.If you shoot him in the leg with a shotgun like in the second movie, that would be something that would slow him.
His healing factor isn't that good?He can heal broken bones in minutes and you say isn't that good?You're wrong.And anyway Cap cannot heal in a few minutes.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 11:00 AM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote:

To protect vital organs. If he gets shot in the heart, he's gonna go down for a long time, or forever.

He's been crucified, torn himself off the spikes, and been healed in minutes.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 12:07 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote:
Originally posted by Nataku8188
To protect vital organs. If he gets shot in the heart, he's gonna go down for a long time, or forever.

He's been crucified, torn himself off the spikes, and been healed in minutes.

Yes I was forgetting it, thx Nataku.

Old Post Dec 30th, 2004 01:02 PM