KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » James Bond Series » Timothy Dalton IS James Bond

Timothy Dalton IS James Bond
Started by: lau_timmy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
The Joker#1
Powerful foe

Dalton was meh.Nothing special.

Nobody will top Connery.That guy IS James Bond.The franchise would never have become the success it was if he hadn't started it.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 03:10 AM
The Joker#1 is currently offline Click here to Send The Joker#1 a Private Message Find more posts by The Joker#1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

I agree that Dalton's films are very underrated and also agree that Dalton did a great job as bond. Lazemby, looking back, also did a greater job than people gave him credit for. He brought a toughness to bond, making him more of a fighter (eg, fist fighter) and he also did his own stunts for the whole movie, which earns him double respect from me...in fact, the producers thought he was so good they offered him a contract for the next 7...yes 7...films, but he turned it down because he didn't believe the bond hype would survive through the seventies...I bet he rues that day now, eh?.....anyway, having said all that, I believe that, thanks to one movie, Goldeneye, Pierce Brosnan was the bond for me.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 09:14 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Timothy Dalton will always be my favourite Bond, loved him in the films. Should have done more.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 11:28 AM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Decomposition, don't forget that Dalton did his own stunts too, something, I feel, a bond-actor should always do actually

Old Post Mar 19th, 2005 07:45 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

Aye, I did forget that...and agreed that it is something they should always do...

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 09:42 AM
Decomposition is currently offline Click here to Send Decomposition a Private Message Find more posts by Decomposition Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Redeemer

IIRC ol' Rog did his own speedboat stunts in LALD, the jumps excluded. He crashed during filming and smacked his gob against the steering wheel losing a couple of teeth!

Peter Gabriel - SLEDGEHAMMER.

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 10:59 AM
The Redeemer is currently offline Click here to Send The Redeemer a Private Message Find more posts by The Redeemer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

the stuntman or Moore?

Old Post Mar 20th, 2005 08:06 PM
yerssot is currently offline Click here to Send yerssot a Private Message Find more posts by yerssot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
House of Jade

Don't get me wrong....I loved Tim as Bond, but Connery is top of my list coz as the original, he set the character in the film world.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 09:13 PM
House of Jade is currently offline Click here to Send House of Jade a Private Message Find more posts by House of Jade Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Re: Timothy Dalton IS James Bond

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lau_timmy
I believe Timothy Dalton was the best of all possible Bonds, and TLD was the best of all possible Bond movies. He may have only played Bond in 2 films, but there are many reasons that suggest Tim was the best Bond of all.

After getting the role he read all the books, then worked with the filmmakers to make it as true as possible to the spirit of Fleming's Bond. Dalton had that coldblood, ruthless edge, without a trace of humor that complimented the Bond of Flemings books. In fact I'd go as far to say that he's the best portrayal of Fleming's Bond. Plus there was also more emotional imvolvement with the Bond women rather than them being mere sex objects.

Unlike Connery, Moore, and Bosnan you can imagine him killing someone without mercy, and not giving it another thought. Moore was seriously overrated. Moore's Bond didn't take his job seriously. He did not have that 'tougher' side to him, but instead added more humour, wit, sexual suggestion and sarcasm.

Dalton is a very intense, dark and extremely enjoyable Bond. He even did many of his own stunts - and who can forget his classic introduction in TLD when he swings around in high winds to see his fellow agent fall off a mountain! And The Living Daylights is one of the best scripted Bond films.

I don't think Dalton's performance as Bond will ever be matched, it's just a pity after 'Licence To Kill' we did not get to see more of him in the role. I do enjoy Brosnan, but I think I grew up watching his Bond films.

Man, you're smokin' sumthin'. But everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 11:00 PM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

Delectados?

Old Post Apr 15th, 2005 11:22 PM
Reborn Again
I'm HELL's Wrath!

Originally posted by yerssot
Delectados?

laughing

Old Post Apr 19th, 2005 02:21 AM
Reborn Again is currently offline Click here to Send Reborn Again a Private Message Find more posts by Reborn Again Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yerssot

and I too thought no one would smoke those stick out tongue

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2005 06:37 PM
stunty01

Stunts for this film.

Very good acting of Timothy Dalton, I like him in many films one of my most favorite actors.
The stunts where not done by Timothy but by Simon Crane he was Timothy's stunt double.

Old Post May 10th, 2009 02:26 PM
stunty01 is currently offline Click here to Send stunty01 a Private Message Find more posts by stunty01 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
handsdown

well timothy dolton is 3rd for me connery and brosdan because you don't have to be coldblooded to kill just to act calm as though nothing happened and i can see them 3 be able to do so a moore was crazy overrated once i saw him just in discretly punch in a judo fight so he's more like a average joe agent that gets lucky a lot

Old Post Jun 18th, 2009 10:06 PM
handsdown is currently offline Click here to Send handsdown a Private Message Find more posts by handsdown Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

Originally posted by MildPossession
Timothy Dalton will always be my favourite Bond, loved him in the films. Should have done more.

He wasnt my favorite Bond but I liked him as well.Thought he was underrated as Bond and agree that he should have done more.

Old Post Jan 12th, 2011 12:19 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I believe Timothy Dalton was the best of all possible Bonds, and TLD was the best of all possible Bond movies. He may have only played Bond in 2 films, but there are many reasons that suggest Tim was the best Bond of all.

After getting the role he read all the books, then worked with the filmmakers to make it as true as possible to the spirit of Fleming's Bond. Dalton had that coldblood, ruthless edge, without a trace of humor that complimented the Bond of Flemings books. In fact I'd go as far to say that he's the best portrayal of Fleming's Bond. Plus there was also more emotional imvolvement with the Bond women rather than them being mere sex objects.

Unlike Connery, Moore, and Bosnan you can imagine him killing someone without mercy, and not giving it another thought. Moore was seriously overrated. Moore's Bond didn't take his job seriously. He did not have that 'tougher' side to him, but instead added more humour, wit, sexual suggestion and sarcasm.

Dalton is a very intense, dark and extremely enjoyable Bond. He even did many of his own stunts - and who can forget his classic introduction in TLD when he swings around in high winds to see his fellow agent fall off a mountain! And The Living Daylights is one of the best scripted Bond films.

I don't think Dalton's performance as Bond will ever be matched, it's just a pity after 'Licence To Kill' we did not get to see more of him in the role. I do enjoy Brosnan, but I think I grew up watching his Bond films.

funny I didnt enjoy Brosnan,,matter of fact i wish Dalton had done four films and Brosnan,just two.

Old Post Mar 11th, 2011 11:21 PM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

I saw Living Daylights for only the second time recently.I liked it a lot better than i remember i did the first time i saw it several years ago.pretty good film actually.

Old Post Aug 25th, 2011 10:28 PM
Decomposition
This Day We Fight!

I am one of the few who like Lazemby in OHMSS, however, with that said, I really wish that Dalton had taken on the role of Bond when they offered him the part in it.

Given that he was only 24/25 at the time...he could have stuck around for 15-20 years, sparing us most of the tripe that the Roger Moore Bond movies dished up.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2012 06:46 AM
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Dalton was a great Bond, but why the heck do people say that Connery, Moore and Brosnan couldn't do merciless kills? Connery was full of them, Moore had the tie-slap in TSWLM and the car kick in FYEO, and Brosnan had Elektra King and Alec Trevelyan.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2015 11:18 AM
SunRazer is currently offline Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote