KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » What CANT God Control?

What CANT God Control?
Started by: DanieLs_4_Ever

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
clickclick

quote:
dont believe in god so Nothing

how about anything?

Unless you really believe he cant control nothing.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 03:22 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
Unless you really believe he cant control nothing.
a god that doesnt exist cant control a thing, aka nothing or anything

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 03:39 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

going back a few posts, i always find it funny when science is brought up in a religion conversation. People tend to look at the two like oil and water but I personally dont understand why they cant co-exist, as I stated in a previous thread science is something devised by man to understand what God has created. So we have cells so we evolved so certain things happen certain ways as proved by science, Where does any of this DISprove the existance of God?

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:00 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
as I stated in a previous thread science is something devised by man to understand what God has created.
hmm I look at it as gods being mans creation

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:20 PM
finti is currently offline Click here to Send finti a Private Message Find more posts by finti Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

thats the thing about the world, everything can be different from a certain point of view

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:28 PM
SithSpy is currently offline Click here to Send SithSpy a Private Message Find more posts by SithSpy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

but i ask you this finti, has anything ever been shown to disprove the existence of God, cause according to scientific law something cant be true unless its tested and cant be disproven, now archeology and history have provided us proof of Jesus but has science provided anything to disprove his existence

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:30 PM
finti

quote:
now archeology and history have provided us proof of Jesus but has science provided anything to disprove his existence[QUOTE] never questioned tha fact that a man named jesus or something like it have lived, now that he was divine now thats a totally different story.

[QUOTE]but i ask you this finti, has anything ever been shown to disprove the existence of God
dont have to disprove gods existence, it is gods followers who have to prove the existence

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 05:37 PM
SithSpy
Prodigal Son

and that is where the ultimate argument comes to a screeching halt with no answer, as those who do not belive cannot prove it to be false and those who do belive can only prove it so with their own faith

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:03 PM
finti

it aint us who doesnt believe who has to prove stuff. Why should we prove that god doesnt exist, we aint campaigning to increase our number, religious people do. Which leads to that it is them who have to prove things

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:08 PM
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

Well maybe you dont believe in God, but I do. God controls things invisible

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:20 PM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
God controls things invisible
and that is based uppon which proven fact

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:22 PM
clickclick

Saying God cant control nothing is actually saying that he has to be controlling something.

If the question was, what CAN god control then I believe the answer you would be looking for would be nothing.

No biggy though man, just giving you a hard time.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:53 PM
clickclick is currently offline Click here to Send clickclick a Private Message Find more posts by clickclick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:
and that is based uppon which proven fact

It seems to me that was a matter of a opinion, much the same way it is when you say God doesnt exist.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 06:56 PM
The Omega
Z10N0101

Cinemaddiction> Most scientists don't believe in God.
Why should we? smile

Jnolan> Science is our way of describing Nature. A religious person would say “God’s creation.”
Sure, the two can co-exist. There are and were religious scientists, and there are religious people who don’t think evolution is the devil’s work.
But when fundamentalists start to equal faith with facts we have a problem – aka the absurdity of equalling evolution with Creation.

“and that is where the ultimate argument comes to a screeching halt with no answer, as those who do not belive cannot prove it to be false and those who do belive can only prove it so with their own faith.”
Argumentum ad ignorantiam. Something is not proven true, simply because it cannot be proven to be false.
And in the case of something EXISTING (as in God) the burden of proof rests solely on those making a positive assertion. You cannot prove the non-existence of a thing.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 09:01 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Jnolan you know that proofing that someone named jesus existed doesn't have anbything to do with the existance of god. And clickclick couldn't you stop picking on people whos first language isn't english? I mean that is just childish especially since it is clear what finti mean. Why giving him a hard time? Your could surely wouldn't appreciate it.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 11:24 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Omega
Z10N0101

Bardock> What Clickclick is doing is called "Argumentum ad hominem", argument directed at the man, not his point. A common logic fallacy among bad debaters.

"I just thought you were a guy."
"... Most guys do."

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 11:28 PM
The Omega is currently offline Click here to Send The Omega a Private Message Find more posts by The Omega Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
clickclick

quote:
What Clickclick is doing is called "Argumentum ad hominem", argument directed at the man, not his point. A common logic fallacy among bad debaters.

If only. I was simply pointing out that what he wrote was different from his intention, I was not debating him.

quote:

Why giving him a hard time? Your could surely wouldn't appreciate it.

Im sure it was nothing unwarranted. It would be helpful anyway.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 11:47 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

This thread just like many others are only a good example of antiprocess debates.

Old Post Dec 28th, 2004 11:49 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kelly_Bean
Warum ist die Sonne rund?

hehe

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 03:25 AM
Kelly_Bean is currently offline Click here to Send Kelly_Bean a Private Message Find more posts by Kelly_Bean Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
finti

quote:
what finti mean. Why giving him a hard time?
no sweat Bardock 42, I dont mind at all. I do it my self from time to time and must be able to handle it when it is done to me

Old Post Dec 29th, 2004 06:47 AM