KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » DVD Talk » Last DVD you Watched/Rented?

Last DVD you Watched/Rented?
Started by: Solo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (183): « First ... « 176 177 [178] 179 180 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Home:The three amigos

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
Killa420,miroku,sanctuary,mairuzu,
KILLA4,JacopexLethalfemme,LadyGrim,ashle,Mišt,oman
32,Scythe,DebbieJo,DeathReaperr,Britrogue,Neha,Joe
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 06:39 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ladygrim
The Grim piratess

think it was monsters inc big grin

Old Post Mar 6th, 2011 09:09 PM
ladygrim is currently offline Click here to Send ladygrim a Private Message Find more posts by ladygrim Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flameback
Pathology

Daybreakers.

"I ain't no fraggin' hero. I'm th' main man. I booze.
I womanize. I swear. An' I beat th' living crap outta
anybody I fraggin' feel like."
- Lobo

Old Post Mar 14th, 2011 04:05 PM
Flameback is currently offline Click here to Send Flameback a Private Message Find more posts by Flameback Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScaryGerry

Made in Dagenham

The film is based on a true story of the Ford sewing machinists strike of 1968. The strike was huge for female laborers worldwide and led to the Equal Pay Act of 1970 (or so says wiki). Made in Dagenham dramatically depicts the events surrounding that strike. The lead role is played by Sally Hawkins, who is awesome in the film. Very, very funny. She plays Rita who unwittingly ends up in the forefront of this strike. As you can imagine, Ford gets pissed about the strike and drama ensues. I won't say much more, except that the supporting cast is also great. Albert Passingham and Miranda Richardson play memorable supporting roles in the film. Very uplifting. Not exactly the chick flick that I expected before watching. Definitely recommend Made in Dagenham.

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 08:52 PM
ScaryGerry is currently offline Click here to Send ScaryGerry a Private Message Find more posts by ScaryGerry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MildPossession
Restricted

Account Restricted

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Old Post Mar 30th, 2011 08:59 PM
MildPossession is currently offline Click here to Send MildPossession a Private Message Find more posts by MildPossession Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doc Blake

Home: Dial M For Murder

Old Post Apr 1st, 2011 08:20 PM
Doc Blake is currently offline Click here to Send Doc Blake a Private Message Find more posts by Doc Blake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Home:Harry Potter and the Deathly hallows part one

Morning Glory, ,DamienB(my busband),Spoonly,Tired hiker!a1hsauce,Coucil#13,Kongudude,Scottie,Syren
K,Mandos,Wild Cherry,Roland,Rogue Jedi,Jaehskywalker,Lord Kerrigor,ALostSoul,Running Mascara,Raventheonly,NewJak,,Captain Maynard,Sparkly,Dominic Gargone.
Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 02:23 PM
ADarksideJedi is currently offline Click here to Send ADarksideJedi a Private Message Find more posts by ADarksideJedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScaryGerry

Country Strong

(please log in to view the image)

This film didn't get awesome reviews, but I really enjoyed it nonetheless. I think the 4 lead actors did a superb job. I particularly enjoyed Garrett Hedlund. I mean, he really sounds like he could be a successful country star. He really nailed that blue-collar "F the mainstream!" kind of guy. And I really relate to that perspective, so it made me like his character even more. I think he drew a bit from his character in Friday Night Lights, and it's evident in his interaction with Tim McGraw (who also kicked ass in the film). They had good chemistry on screen. To be honest, I'm a little surprised that people wrote off this film. I found it to be thoroughly enjoyable.

Old Post Apr 15th, 2011 11:49 PM
ScaryGerry is currently offline Click here to Send ScaryGerry a Private Message Find more posts by ScaryGerry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nicolasa77

You are absolutely right. In it something is and it is excellent idea. I support you.

Old Post Apr 16th, 2011 01:18 AM
Nicolasa77 is currently offline Click here to Send Nicolasa77 a Private Message Find more posts by Nicolasa77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr Parker

The Boston Strangler.This is why i highly recommend people see this movie.it even has documtarys of actual newscasts interviews with women asking them how they are going to be prepared for him and showing them taking out knifes to show for the newscasters.

Just saw this movie I rented recently.Very good and interesting film based on a true life story of a man that the newscasts in Boston called The Boston Strangler who strangled 13 women from 1962 to 1964 before finally being caught by police..The lengendary Tony Curtis plays the Boston Strangler.It also stars a great supporting cast consisting of another legend Henry Fonda with George Kennedy and Hal Holbrook in supporting roles as well.

when the makers of the movie started thinking of casting choices for the role they had a long list of actors they considered which consisted of
Robert Redford
Martin Landau
Peter Falk
James Cann
George segal
Anthony Perkins
Robert Loggia
Peter Fonda
Ryan O'neil
and Warren Beatty before settling on Curtis.
The makers go on to say that they wanted someone with sex appeal,attractive,and a working man but looked like he had been an in accident and fights so none of those actors fit what they were looking for until they came across Tony Curtis.

The studio said he was all wrong for the role but the makers refused to listen to them.they used a new innovative camera style consisting of showing many frames on the screen at one time which was considered very bizaare at that time.

great flick everybody should rent sometime if you have not see it especially since it is based on actual events.

Old Post Apr 19th, 2011 12:48 AM
Mr Parker is currently offline Click here to Send Mr Parker a Private Message Find more posts by Mr Parker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Watched:Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Apr 20th, 2011 02:16 PM
Naz
Super Senior Member

Watched: Marie Antionette

Old Post Apr 24th, 2011 07:06 PM
Naz is currently offline Click here to Send Naz a Private Message Find more posts by Naz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ADarksideJedi
Jackie Malfoy

Home:Angels with Dirty faces

Majid86, Rudester.

Old Post Apr 26th, 2011 01:11 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

No Strings Attached. It wasn't enough I watched it two times in theaters, I rented it on redbox to make my friends watch it last weekend. I knew they liked valentine's day so it was their kind of movie. big grin

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post May 26th, 2011 07:42 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Storm
Black belt BJJ

Black Swan.

I am not driven by people’ s praise and I am not slowed down by people’ s criticism.
You only live once. But if you live it right, once is enough. Wrong. We only die once, we live every day!
Make poverty history.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2011 09:46 PM
Storm is currently offline Click here to Send Storm a Private Message Find more posts by Storm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

Company Men

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 11th, 2011 03:16 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScaryGerry

Barney's Version

I'm convinced that Paul Giamatti's presence in any film automatically validates it. Argue with me all you want, but I have yet to see a film of his that I didn't enjoy.

Barney's Version is a showcase of Paul Giamatti at his best. The story takes us through a roller coaster of experiences that is the life of Canadian TV producer Barney Panofsky. In my opinion, no other actor is better suited to interpret this ride than Giamatti. His character is not likable, yet somehow P.G. manages to captivate you and even convince you to root for him; a testament to his acting ability no doubt. The supporting cast is phenomenal too, with notable roles by Dustin Hoffman (my absolute favorite), Minnie Driver, and Rosamund Pike.

There's a reason why Barney's Version received such high acclaim during awards season. Highly recommend!

Old Post Jul 12th, 2011 09:40 PM
ScaryGerry

For any fans of the war film genre, Wolfgang Petersen's 1982 film DAS BOOT was just digitally remastered for Blu-ray. I now own both the original and the new director's cut. If you own, the original, I still recommend looking into it. If you own neither or haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and watch the film. You won't be disappointed. LA Times has called it "the most convincing war movie ever made."

*And fyi, the Blu-ray extras are incredible. Bonus features include:

- full commentary with Wolfgang Peters
- extensive documentary footage from filming in 1981
- overviews of the control and captain's room, and then some

Old Post Jul 15th, 2011 06:00 PM
ThorinWoofer
Static Stance

The Devil Wears Prada.

Please Respond To My PM Barker

Old Post Jul 17th, 2011 05:38 AM
ThorinWoofer is currently offline Click here to Send ThorinWoofer a Private Message Find more posts by ThorinWoofer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScaryGerry

Boyz N The Hood

An iconic film of the 90s and a personal favorite of mine. They just released it on Blu-ray. Special features on the disc are great. Highly recommended John Singleton commentary when watching.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2011 02:56 PM