KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Onslaught Vs Parrallax

Onslaught Vs Parrallax
Started by: C1nd3r

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
leonheartmm

u r

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 07:26 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Parallax as kyle explains it to ollie:

"On the tenth planet from the sun Pagalus.
The beings that lived there. they were grasped with fear when they saw my ring.
One of their oldest, he was telling everyone the universe was about to end...
...at the hands of parallax.
I thought he was talking about the first time we fought Hal together, but they told me this tale.
A story about a creature that was born at the beginning of sentience.
A yellow entity that was made of living fear.
It created terror into anything it came into contact with. Caused entire civilizations to destroy themselves out of paranoia.
Their fear was eaten by this creature.
And that creature was called parallax.
Parallax threatened to consume the entire universe. It wanted to infect every living creature with fear, and fear leads to violence. VIolence leads to fear.
Like an endless loop of death and destruction that would keep feeding parallax.
THey said the guardians knew parallax had to be stopped.
When they forged the central power battery on Oa, They gathered willpower as parallax gathers fear.
THe opposite energies couldn't destroy one another--
--but parallax was imprisonned, put into a comatose state the guardians couldnt awaken it from.
Over the millennia, parallax became known simply as the "yellow impurity". His legend was purposely forgotten so no one would try to free it.
THat's why the rings had a problem with the colour yellow. Parallax weakenned the power over the coressponding spectrum.
And only someone capable of overcoming great fear could master the power ring.
For billions of years, parallax was basically dead.
And the green lantern corps thrived."

He goes on to describe how the coast city incident allowed parallax to get a foothold in hal jordans mind, and how hal released parallax by destroying the power battery, allowing parallax to graft itself onto hal's soul. THat's why kyle was immune to the yellow weakness, because parallax had been released.
It was sinestro who had really released parallax when he was imprisonned in the central battery.
Now parallax has control over kilowog, john and guy, and is trying to get hold of the power of the spectre, and only hal can stop him.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 01:40 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Cool story.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2005 03:07 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

That's one major retcon there, but it all seems to work out pretty damn good though. Then again, you can't expect anything less from Geoff Johns (I think that's how you spell it).

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 8th, 2005 09:07 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

It depends. Onslaught with access to both Nathan Grey and Franklin Richards powers would most definitely have an advantage that would, in my opinion, allow him the ability to take on Parallax with relative ease. Franklin Richards powers were so potent at the time he was able to contain Galactus in an alternate pocket Dimension ( Heroes Reborn ) of his own design. That's no small feat considering that Galactus is one of the mightiest beings known in the MU and possibly even greater than Parallax himself. Now add that with the powers of Nate Grey who in his own right has awesome and unfettered potential that is said to Rival the Dark Phoenix ( Cable vol. 1 issue #29 ), the control, experience and knowledge of Charles Xavier and Magneto along with their combined powers. Onslaught was a beast! I read Emerald Twilight like everyone else as well as Zero Hour but come on. Onslaught WITH Nate Grey and Franklin Richards is no light weight. I can see Parallax going down.

Now on the other side of the coin, if he didn't have either Grey or Richards then he's pretty much screwed. I'm sure he'd put up a decent fight but in the end he'd ultimately lose to the sheer power that Parallax represents. So really it all depends on whether we're talking about Onslaught [b]PLUS[b] X-Man and Franklin or Onslaught MINUS them. They really would make or break this fight.

"I want to save the world and I have the power to do it." -- Cable.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 09:05 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

but onslaught was created from fear, so parallax could get control over him

Old Post Jan 9th, 2005 12:47 PM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

Onslaught wasn't created from " fear ". Onslaught was a bi product of Xavier's stress throughout the years. His mind couldn't handle all of the horrible things that had been going on throughout the years and instead of dealing with them he stored them all away in the back of his mind. Those thoughts began to fester and when he couldn't contain them any longer they exploded. Which resulted in the creation of Onslaught. So no. Parallax could NOT get control over him. Onslaught HAS no fear.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 07:24 AM
Nathaniel Grey is currently offline Click here to Send Nathaniel Grey a Private Message Find more posts by Nathaniel Grey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

onslaught was created from the dark sides of xaviers and magnetos minds (the parts that were filled with fear and mistrust of humanity)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 11:13 AM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

You're partly correct. If you read X-Men #56, Onslaught Phase 2 entitled: " Twilight of the Gods " it states and I quote; "...A castle guarded by a psionic shield that earth's heroes cannot yet breach. Within it's walls looms a creature born of all the hate and anger buried in the soul of Magneto...and given form by the foolishness of Charles Xavier...who, in one second of folly, accidentally allowed that anger into his own soul, where it blossomed. This child of rage now exists as the synthesis of both men...Their powers and their passions. " -- End quote.

Never did it mention that Onslaught was the culmination of Xavier's or Magneto's fears. Nor does it in any issues that follows. Every single phase continues to mention that Onslaught's existence is attributed to the ANGER and Rage from both Xavier and Magneto. Need another Example? Cool.

In the final issue Onslaught : Marvel Universe, entitled: " With great power..." it states and I quote; " Born of an unholy alchemy..spawned when Professor Charles Xavier, leader of the X-Men, foolishly used his mental powers to cleanse the mind of the corrupt mutant Magneto..." " Onslaught, the synthesis of all the Darkness within the souls of both men, lurked within Xavier for months, building his power and biding his time. That time had come. At last an independent creature, he was finally free to act upon the ANGER that has nurtured him...free to destroy the world. " -- End quote.

Again it states that Onslaught's being was nurtured and brought to life by the ANGER from within both Xavier and Magneto. It never once through the series states that Onslaught was composed of any fear. I have the entire series and I've never read that he was the product of fear...in any form. I'm sure if you look through your issues of the series you'll see that I'm correct. So you were partly right that he was composed of the Darkness within both men. But he was mainly composed of Xavier's and Magneto's hatred and capacity for evil.

Last edited by Nathaniel Grey on Jan 10th, 2005 at 12:41 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 12:37 PM
Nathaniel Grey
THE MAN CALLED CABLE

I sticking to my previous statement. Onslaught plus the combined power of Nathan Grey and Franklin Richards would rival the power of Parallax and I believe they'd either destroy one another or the fight would end in a stalemate. If it's Onslaught WITHOUT Nathan Grey and Franklin Richards -- Onslaught would be DESTROYED. It's as easy as that.

'Nuff said.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 02:27 PM
Mainstream
lighting the way

yes yes

Old Post Jan 10th, 2005 05:58 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

Nate gray was about as strong as Galactus and richards was powerful but not as powerful as the celestials so i think that if Onslaught had these guys powers he might still lose since if a reality manipulator like Parallax is probably on par with Thanos with the Infinity gauntlet and the Infinity gauntlet took care of guys like Eternity, and Galactus, and the celestials i think Parallax would take this one.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 07:25 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

parallax after the retcon isnt really as powerful as the classical one that used to be hal jordan.

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 10:56 AM
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

quote:
Originally posted by eleveninches
parallax after the retcon isnt really as powerful as the classical one that used to be hal jordan.

That has yet to be seen.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Jan 16th, 2005 11:20 AM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

well, parallax will probably be beat just by green lantern hal jordan.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 09:09 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

parralax recreated the universe, franklin richards created an entirely new universe and he's only one portion of the complete onslaught, onslaught was the most powerful psionic when he was at his peak and if it wasn't for reed - i can invent anything you can think of before you think of it.... and some other stuff that never occured to you too - richards, and his psi-dampeners (with help from mr stark and others) the marvel heroes never would have got remotely close to stopping him
so i'd have to vote for onslaught .................. plus he just looks really cool

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 17th, 2005 08:25 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote