KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Skynet/Cyberdyne

Skynet/Cyberdyne
Started by: Waggy the Dog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
carnage713

well coorect me if im wrong but skynet was crated by the military and wen skynet was activated it became self aware and launched all our nukes at russia and other allies allowin them to strike back. now skynets main base is deep within the cheyanne mountains (amoungst other locations as well) so it wud take a direct hit to wipe out the main base of skynet. skynet/military im sure planned so this wud not happen. and if 1 cyborg tx can control machines imagine the capabilities of skynet as a whole. the scary thing is that in real life our government and military are in the process of devolping such things as hks and other robots that have cpus. who knows wut modern day science will come up w/ next but judgement day cud 1 day become a real event. scary huh

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 07:25 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NoFate007

I think after watching movies like Dr. Strangelove and The Terminator the government realizes the possible threats. I also don't think that we'd ever be able to make a computer that thinks on its own like SKynet, cause computers can only learn what you tell them basically. I'm more afraid that we put computer chips into missiles and a hacker from another country just sets them off inside the silos.

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 10:08 PM
NoFate007 is currently offline Click here to Send NoFate007 a Private Message Find more posts by NoFate007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carnage713

ya thats a pretty scary thought

great sig made by hegemon

Old Post Sep 16th, 2003 11:37 PM
carnage713 is currently offline Click here to Send carnage713 a Private Message Find more posts by carnage713 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

Something about the end of T3 said that Skynet is software and therefore cannot be physically eliminated.
Such advanced technology isn't necesarily that far-fetched. A hundred years ago people thought flying to the moon was ridiculous. Nowadays space travel is vastly improved.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 12:26 AM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

quote:
Originally posted by bad banana
I would assume Skynet is so radically advanced as software that it controls machines as T-X does. If you think about it, even the simplest products in our world are factory-produced rather than handmade these days. It's quite possible Skynet seized control of the automated factories as mentioned before and mass-produced its army in this manner. Imagine how long building a squadron of robots would take by hand...humans are obselete when compared to machines for cold efficiency.

Well thats the thing though, we know skynet is a far advance AI software. However in t3 we know that skynet was plugged into the defence network to kill the virus (which itself created)
However, that is very plausible, as far as factory automation, i know there are factorys that are fully automated etc. However automotive industry and the airline industry still uses humans in the mix. And most importantly is this, in the t3 time frame i assume, or from what i see in the movie it still humans doing these tasks of factory work. Even if skynet was plugged into a fully automated factory, it would need raw materials and parts etc to begin building diffrent machines, especially humonoid ones. There are no esxisting machines at that time frame that could go out and do that, much less with judgemebt day most of the world is in ruins. Even in the scene where they are testing the aeriel hk's u see it in a small lab with scientest all around etc, which to me means this is a prototype and they have not built factories to mass produce these things yet as this is the first one they are testing. I just wanna know how skynet makes the jump from AI software to mass producing machines so quick

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 02:57 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

quote:
Originally posted by bad banana
Something about the end of T3 said that Skynet is software and therefore cannot be physically eliminated.
Such advanced technology isn't necesarily that far-fetched. A hundred years ago people thought flying to the moon was ridiculous. Nowadays space travel is vastly improved.

I totally agree, it isnt not BS its very possible, however in the T3 stroyline ..the jump from a piece of software to manufacturing advance cyborgs to the point that they can grow hair and skin and place them over the cyborgs ..we know humans have been barely tapping the surface on cloning let alone growing just skin and hair. The advancement (in the t3 time line) is so quick.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 03:00 AM
skule is currently offline Click here to Send skule a Private Message Find more posts by skule Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

quote:
Originally posted by carnage713
well coorect me if im wrong but skynet was crated by the military and wen skynet was activated it became self aware and launched all our nukes at russia and other allies allowin them to strike back. now skynets main base is deep within the cheyanne mountains (amoungst other locations as well) so it wud take a direct hit to wipe out the main base of skynet. skynet/military im sure planned so this wud not happen. and if 1 cyborg tx can control machines imagine the capabilities of skynet as a whole. the scary thing is that in real life our government and military are in the process of devolping such things as hks and other robots that have cpus. who knows wut modern day science will come up w/ next but judgement day cud 1 day become a real event. scary huh

yes skynet was basically introduced in the network in the military base in the mountains, which i would assume it could retain itself where ever it wanted, as john said skynet had penetraed all computers (think multi processors) However i am curious about the factory production part, not all factories are hooked up to the internet, not all are advanced, much less with nukes destryong most of the world, i assume these factorylines were destroyed themselves.
However in real life terms i agree, the premise of skynet is very possible.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 03:06 AM
dulobast25

skule, i'm glad that you agree that the t-1 is really the first hk.. But you know thye initiallyu showed only 1 T-1 but later in a garage, there were more. in addition, remember they had steath bombers that became fully unmanned, so they have to be laying around somewhere. And i think that once t-x programs something, that it is programmed, not really controlled, so it carries out it's program as arinie did in t's absebce. Mybe the car can't becasue the cpu is not advance. (And since the cpu does not control the steering in the car, that part couldn't happen anyway) . So i think the machine once programmed operated themselves (t-x programming) and simpler machines would work until stopped, ie cars. and i think the flyink hk might have had extras laying around (icalled it t -2) but maybe that one was the latest tchnology...

I agree completely with you ba bannana, as usual becasue as an analytical thinker you hit it dead on the nail.

I would assume Skynet is so radically advanced as software that it controls machines as T-X does. If you think about it, even the simplest products in our world are factory-produced rather than handmade these days. It's quite possible Skynet seized control of the automated factories as mentioned before and mass-produced its army in this manner. Imagine how long building a squadron of robots would take by hand...humans are obselete when compared to machines for cold efficiency.

We already have cpus that learn and calculate, which is what a humn brain does. Current day cpus have the intelligence of slightly less than a bumble bee. Increasin rhe surface area and p/n juncions can increase the computing power as well as running parallel processor. WE WILL one day create a machine that will rival human intelligence. It's a matter of the AI being able to identify and distinguish and have memory..the basic blocks of intellgence. And once this tech is avail, ig grows upon itself. Cpu speed is incresing almost exponentially thse days. It will happen, but many many years from now. When 1987 came, i was still waiting for buck rodger to get lost in space..(just kidding).

I don't think cyborgs were created on judgement day...the machines were already present. Judgement day just symbolizes the takeover.
What likely happened as with any extermination attempt in history is that maybe some human were spared in exhange for helping to gather raw materials.. i mean kyle reese sid some humans were kept alive loading bodys..and the disposal units ran night and day..now no humna would help unless threatened with force with the option of being killed. So this is likely how they got humnan to collect materials. The hks of flying hks likely followd trucks to make sure the payloads arrived at the cyber sytems factories (CYBERDYINE SYSTEMS). I mean csm still ends up producing terminators and machines so those factories must be involve. Hence csm 101 otherwis it woul be called skynet systems or all thinks would be called t-? thus no csm model number. At any rate it likely took a few weekt to gather raw amterials to develop sucessors to the hk's and t-1s and thus upon time they woul ddevelop machines with opposible thumbs and tactile abiliites thus likely collecting natural resources and helping to build better factores cpable of buulding the 600 series etc. Same with the cpus' but by 2029 they had the 800 series so like 25 year woul dbe the approximate duration of the war. So that might be how it happended

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 04:29 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

Ahhhh I missed that..great pointing out, duloblast. I completely forgot about Kyle Reese when he said that some humans were kept alive to work. So I guess it would be something like this...

->Judgement Day: Whether it be August 29, 1997 or something close to that, Skynet becomes self-aware and deploys nukes to destroy half the world's population - 3 billion humans.
->Skynet begins production of HK's, which round up humans: some for elimination, some for work.
->John Connor emerges as a leader and the humans slowly fight back, and smash the machines' defense grid. HK's are destroyed easily under the Resistance's guerilla warfare.
->By now it is 202x, and Skynet is continually learning at a geometric rate. Humanoid machines begin to appear, making for infiltration. The 600 model series becomes obselete since its rubber skin is easy to spot
->The newly built T-800 model is sent back through time as a last ditch effort to 1984 to kill Sarah Connor.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 06:48 AM
bad banana is currently offline Click here to Send bad banana a Private Message Find more posts by bad banana Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
alic88
Barzakh

ya thats a very good summary. but i just cant imagine machines using humans 2 work for them. all they were programmed 2 do was search and destroy. machines dont think. THEY JUST TERMINATE

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 07:37 AM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
skule
blissfully ignorant

dulobast and banana..i completely forgot about reese mentioning humans too duhhh yes in that case as kyle's information said humans were still used for certain tasks. very true then the convertion to help automate all the factories for the productions of the hk's and terminators would be easier, also another thing guys, i had missed this initially but after rewatching it again. In the T3 scene when Gen Brewster and his fellow scientist are walking by and we see the aeriel hk being tested, if u see in the corner of the screen there is a humanoid robot also being tested, hence the production of the terminator cyborgs predecessor (sp) was also present at that time. Dulobast u also mentioned the stealth bomber part from t2, i guess in t3 we dont know if they had already unmanned bombers and their track record etc as arnie said in t2, from t3 perspective it seemed like skynet was developed tested but no one knows how effective it is, or rather none of its acomplishments were mentioned on screen. General Brewster reluctance (to me ) seemed as if skynet was very new and still didnt have a great track record for him not to worry if it might F' up.
I hope t4 shows the factory and prodcution line of the hk's as well...plus the 100's of terminators walking of the assembly line ...cant wait for that scene.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 12:04 PM
alic88
Barzakh

ya t4 will b all bout the begining scenes of the three movies!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 02:11 PM
alic88 is currently offline Click here to Send alic88 a Private Message Find more posts by alic88 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

alic88, Skynet actually does think...remember, it became self-aware? Its task at that point was to eliminate its opponents (ie humans). It's not like all they do is terminate. If that were true they would've destroyed each other. They also have to find means to produce each other as well.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2003 08:00 PM
alic88
Barzakh

ya. humans r dumbas$es

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 05:55 AM
dulobast25

ya thats a very good summary. but i just cant imagine machines using humans 2 work for them. all they were programmed 2 do was search and destroy. machines dont think. THEY JUST TERMINATE

Well, kyle had a bar code burned on his arm by the machines.. why? thye could have easily killed him. And in t1 remember the humna wer close to going out forever and one man tought them to fight to storm the wire of the camps to smash the metal muther****ers into junk..he turned it around.

Well to all those who think t3 had a good story , watch t1 dammit. You can't watch these movies and just gawk at the visual effect. Watch it again and learn something. John conner was captured before the machine realized that he was the one who was to lead the resistance. In capture, he conviced the humans to attack the terms and run in opposing directions to escape the camps..some died, but soem escaped and hid in the ruins...those who escaped made john conner, the man who taught them to have the bravery to fight back and showed them how, was made leader..he didn't yell instructions from outside the camps..he was with them... he was likely barcoded as well and as the machines terminated and rouded up bodies, they were loaded into dsposal units lby other humans..conserving energy and doing task that allowed terms to be developed and allowed them to roam the fields as kill humans. Due to the sheer design of the t-800 ist' likely that during capture some of the humnas were experimsnted on in order to mimic the structure and design of the humn skeletal structure and to manipulate the genetic material like skin hair and blood. Thye didn't just terminate..that is an empty concept. (no offense alic) but this is the thinking that make those feel t3 had a good story, when it fails to hit on etail like this or make new ones on it's own. The fact that these things are missd my those who like the moves that are missing things like this is exactly my point.

But on ehtingis that the human term in t3..i did see those, but was trying to concentrate more on the story and what was coming next that in the grand scheme of things it is a relatively small issue...reason being is that the history of things to come has changed..and that humanodi term waslikely created from the materials and deisgn concepts from the arm stuck in the gear in t3.

Bad bannana i disagree with you on one point..the t-800 was not creatred for the purpose of killing sarah or kojn conner..in t1 kyle reese metnion the 600' series had rubber skin and were spotted easliy.. the infiltrators were created becasue human hid in the day, moved around at night and managed to escape from the camps and hid in underground barracks and other places where hks had limited access. So the infiltrators were created to flush the humans out in order bring them to the surfce and kill them where they hid. Problem is that the humans ovisouly killed them readily becasue they were spotted easily and thus were not very sucessful ad being infiltrators as they were assasins. Thus the t-800 series was created and sent out to better blend it and flush oout and kill humans..harder to detect by humnans more so than dogs..which is why the dogs were used to spot treminators (the cyborg half humna ones obviously) and thes eunits were the moset sucessful and versatile units ever in productions, thus the high volume in combat and production and sucess rate. And the 600 series was discontinued as obsolete lower probablility of sucess.That's why we rarely see a 600 they mostly had been terminated. The time machine that was developed was limited in technology in that it could only send back mateial that had aspects of bio-organism and thusly the t-800 was the only candidate that woul survive the trip and had a higher liklihood of sucess and in a last ditch effort to save itself sent its' best model assasin to kill sarah conner. Accordingly tech com forces sent back their best soldier to interecpet and the tech com destoryed the skynet time machine complex in which the machine the terminator used was located. In a nutshel with only a moderate amount of extrapolation is what happend eveybody. But i agree with most of the other stuff

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 08:48 AM
dulobast25 is currently offline Click here to Send dulobast25 a Private Message Find more posts by dulobast25 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
bad banana

Yes, I am aware the T-800 is not a special model built just for the single purpose of eliminating John or Sarah Connor. I just put that in there for the sake of timelining. I'm also very familiar with T1 and have learned of its infiltration purposes and whatnot.

I wonder what would happen if they mass produced the T-1000.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 12:12 PM
alic88
Barzakh

ya then it would've beeen 2 1 sided. imagine 50 t1000's just coming in and destroying humans. no i got a better 1. 25 tx and 25 t1000's. t1000 can do the stabbing thing and tx's can do their rocket launcher thing. that would b sheer destruction

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 04:21 PM
dulobast25

the humans are suppose to win the war with that,man that would change the history of things to come..fat chance the resistance beating that.

bad bannana, i was mostly explaining that for others who are not as well prepared as you and i regarding this subject. No disrespect intended.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 09:08 PM
bad banana

None taken, of course. smile
You sure know your Terminator.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2003 10:46 PM
dulobast25

thanks

Old Post Sep 26th, 2003 08:51 AM