KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » More Movie Forums » The Terminator Movies » Skynet/Cyberdyne

Skynet/Cyberdyne
Started by: Waggy the Dog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Praylu
Exit Prophet Enter Praylu

Skynet/Cyberdyne

Talk about what ever you want involving Skynet/Cyberdyne in here.

Pics, ideas, discussions, debates, theories, the works, do it here.

Attachment: cyberdyne.jpg
This has been downloaded 67 time(s).

SPIDER-MAN 3 DIRECTOR'S CUT PETITION HERE

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 12:00 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shaber
schizoid

The theme evolved from the Philip K. Dick idea of a supercomputer with hardware - now it's software - in cyberspace eek!

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 02:48 AM
shaber is currently offline Click here to Send shaber a Private Message Find more posts by shaber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I wonder what the philosophy behind creating the whole network was, surely they could sense trouble.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...&forumid=55

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 04:41 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

I wonder what other Terminator designs Skynet might have made.

Old Post Jan 1st, 2005 07:37 AM
Praylu is currently offline Click here to Send Praylu a Private Message Find more posts by Praylu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Indeed, other prototype's. Or even other half-completed ones, conceptual terminators.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 02:02 AM
vvvrulz is currently offline Click here to Send vvvrulz a Private Message Find more posts by vvvrulz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

Here is one of them T-70

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Praylu on Jan 2nd, 2005 at 03:04 AM

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 03:00 AM
Praylu

Another the T-900

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 03:07 AM
Konjammenson

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
I wonder what the philosophy behind creating the whole network was, surely they could sense trouble.

I would suppose the philosophy would be the same one that so many of us strive for every day: do less and make more. We all want to get paid larger sums of money while doing less work. Much as the military should wish to remain the super-power without all the hassle. But then, oops, the design became more powerful than the designer.

Anybody here ever read I.Q.? Q refers to Data as the perfect ideal of a human though not being human. He makes some reference to the idea that man creates in his own image but makes that image more powerful than what it portrays. Ultimatley, humanity will destroy itself by trying to create replicas of itself. Of course, this whole thing goes deeper into it with a God and creation theory but we won't get into that.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 06:04 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Praylu

I agree with you Konjammenson and those are some very good points you brought up.

btw, Here is another Terminator design that you may be interested in looking at. T-1000000

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 09:08 AM
Praylu

Another pic of the T-1000000

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 09:11 AM
Konjammenson

That T1,000,000 looks like such a cheap piece of junk. Its so far out there that I can't even believe it. Featuring one of those in the next film would kill it for me.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 10:17 AM
Konjammenson is currently offline Click here to Send Konjammenson a Private Message Find more posts by Konjammenson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Red Superfly
You creepy little stalker

I saw that show, the T-1000000 is nothing more than a chnace to scare the crap out of you.

It's in the T-2 ride at Universal Studios. You put on 3-D glasses and it becomes 3D. It's really cool because when it lunges at you, T-800 freezes it and the pincer stops right between your eyes. It's seriously brilliant. It's a ride thats getting on a bit, but it's easily one of the best rides at the park.

It doesn't serve any other purpose other than being a good "ride villain".

For a movie, it would suck.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 05:29 PM
Red Superfly is currently offline Click here to Send Red Superfly a Private Message Find more posts by Red Superfly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

Yeah i gotta agree, that thing does suck !

The other models posted above basically look like inferior T-850 (or alternate) models. Nothing all that different.

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:21 PM
Praylu

quote:
Originally posted by vvvrulz
Yeah i gotta agree, that thing does suck !

The other models posted above basically look like inferior T-850 (or alternate) models. Nothing all that different.

I agree, thery all look interesting, but the T-850 looks much better though.

Time Displacement Equipment

In order for this time travel to occur, the subject must be a living organism (or must be surrounded by living tissue) in order to generate the bioelectric field needed for the TDE to operate. The subject must also be injected with amphetamines, and smeared with a thick, bluish, sour smelling super conducting jelly so that the time-field will follow its outline.

It has come to our attention that Skynet is able to send T-1000 Series Terminators back through time, but as they do not possess living tissue, we are at a loss to explain how they can be transported. Current theory states that either the T-1000 is capable of generating a synthetic bioelectric field, or that Skynet grows a synthetic flesh pod, or cocoon, around the T-1000 especially to send it through time. Once through, the T-1000 would rip out of this cocoon and begin its mission.

It is not known exactly how, technically, this TDE works, however, it is known that the process creates large quantities of faster-than-light tachyon particles. The execution of the TDE causes huge power drains to Skynet’s operating systems and can cause unprotected electric circuits within a 100 meter diameter to fuse, so it is rarely used. The process by which Skynet can transport people, or battle units, back in time is known as "chronoportation".

It would appear that Skynet has more than one TDE laboratory, with more than one form of Time Displacement Equipment. This second TDE laboratory is very similar to a third TDE laboratory captured and used by the Resistance. These two TDE’s differ dramatically from the previously seen Skynet equipment.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 04:54 AM
Praylu

T-1

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 05:09 AM
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

The T-1000 is capable of all sorts of things, so the possibilities are vast here.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:28 AM
Praylu

true

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 03:28 PM
Cory Chaos
AmStar 14 Manager

Was Skynet ever described as being self aware in the original? I was going to suggest, if not, "T3" had some "2001" inspiration, where HAL eventually took control of himself, like Skynet did with Cyberdyne.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 05:25 PM
Cory Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Cory Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Cory Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vvvrulz
The Last Scorpion

I'm not sure exactly, though I get the feeling it was mentioned somewhere in T1.

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:57 PM
Praylu

I might have to watch some of the films again just to make sure.

I wonder how they will demonstrate or show Skynet's involvement in T4.

Old Post Jan 4th, 2005 04:34 AM