KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » Is pause/freeze time possible?

Is pause/freeze time possible?
Started by: peterKSL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Atlantis001
Time is "frozen" indeed if you are in the speed of light, but to reach the speed of light you need to be massless. So just light and things alike can travel at that speed.

Another situation where time is "frozen" is at very high gravitational fields, since we know that gravitational fields can also slow down time. Guess where you would have a gravitational field so strong time would be frozen ?

Black holes... how unexpected ! But time is only "frozen" when you are at the event horizon of the black hole or inside it. I mean if you entered the black hole itself. At the regions near the black hole time is just very slow, its not "frozen" exactly.

Of course, if you are thinking about experiencing consciously the time being frozen like if you want to stop time to not get old, then that is impossible. If you are frozen in time you won't be experiencing anything. Your brain is frozen. You can't have conscious experience if there is no time.

well consierering that time doesnt even exist it cant be frozen cool

i know what ur trying to say though, that everything stops changing and moving at all

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 05:03 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
En Sabah Nur X

Originally posted by jalek moye
well consierering that time doesnt even exist it cant be frozen cool

i know what ur trying to say though, that everything stops changing and moving at all

Those are states like frozen ice-cream, cookies, time, ice, etc, things can be frozen but you're correct there is no ABSOLUTE ZERO, so whatever happens movement goes on in one way or another.

If your brain becomes frozen all you have to do is carefully unfreeze it.... if god's brain becomes frozen it can actually vibrate at extreme speed like flash and unfreeze itself... eternal change through eternal changelessness, like a superconducting state... they exist at any reasonable temperature range but the higher the temp probably the harder to accomplish.

Last edited by En Sabah Nur X on Jun 20th, 2008 at 09:55 AM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2008 09:50 AM
En Sabah Nur X is currently offline Click here to Send En Sabah Nur X a Private Message Find more posts by En Sabah Nur X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Atlantis001
The one without a name

Just to add.

What I said in my post is not simply my opinion, its what physics tells.

There are states where there are absolutely no time in physics, but these states are too difficult to reach and you can't be aware of them since consciousness requires time, so its like a paradox.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2008 09:03 PM
Atlantis001 is currently offline Click here to Send Atlantis001 a Private Message Find more posts by Atlantis001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lek Kuen
Ti Lun

Originally posted by Atlantis001
Just to add.

What I said in my post is not simply my opinion, its what physics tells.

There are states where there are absolutely no time in physics, but these states are too difficult to reach and you can't be aware of them since consciousness requires time, so its like a paradox.

im still gonna try to tell you that time cant be stopped since it doesnt even exist. but motion and change can be stopped i guess.

Props to Scythe for the sig

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2008 04:58 AM
Lek Kuen is currently offline Click here to Send Lek Kuen a Private Message Find more posts by Lek Kuen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

Originally posted by En Sabah Nur X
True that is. But it can be viewed as a crazy girl called alice who controls all of reality and turns into various moving trophies called girls and asks which is better... and repeats that in a loop, that is how girls know you like someone or something else better even subconsciously.

The clue that gave it away was all the cake reference, as well as ALICE references, as cakes and girls are made up of the same substance in a different arrangement...

So long as you know it's just one girl behind it all it doesn't matter who you have at your side or if she 'dies' fakes death basically and pops again under a different name.

That is the basis of monad science.

1. if alice is who u define her to be, then it is impossible for YOU, her dream, to know so much about her

2. alice gave us sumthing unique in creating us, self definition, hence the ability to grow beyond the blueprint alice had for us, growth is a wierd property which is inconcistant with the very definition of a uniform "propert", hence we in ourselves are more than just constructs of alice

3. there is NO evidence for any of this, the only thing you have on your side is negetive evidence.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 02:35 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

This is one of the dumbest questions ever.

My YouTube Channel

Random Thoughts Blog *Actually being updated now*

Poetry Blog

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 05:26 PM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Originally posted by chithappens
This is one of the dumbest questions ever.

Its really not...no expression

Old Post Jul 7th, 2008 11:33 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

Originally posted by jalek moye
im still gonna try to tell you that time cant be stopped since it doesnt even exist.

That is as far as this goes.

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 12:48 AM
chithappens is currently offline Click here to Send chithappens a Private Message Find more posts by chithappens Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

I suppose one would feel chipper about the whole ordeal. eek!

Did someone say chippper? Wood chipper? confused

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 01:18 AM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

That is as far as this goes.

Something tells me physicists study this allot...but hell what to they know.

Even so I think the following questions are dumber:

Do animals have romantic relationships?
Anyone beat Contra NES without 25 lives code?
so if people are not "civilized" (in a "civil " culture) they act as animals?
Why does anyone even post in this topic?
Does anyone know what the troops are doing anyway?

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 02:36 AM
Grand-Moff-Gav is currently offline Click here to Send Grand-Moff-Gav a Private Message Find more posts by Grand-Moff-Gav Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chithappens

You seriously took time out of your day to go through old posts of mine and cite them without any sort of context...

I don't even have to follow that up with anything.

My YouTube Channel

Poetry Blog

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 01:14 PM
Grand-Moff-Gav

You seriously took time out of your day to go through old posts of mine and cite them without any sort of context...

I don't even have to follow that up with anything.

Indeed...took seconds.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2008 05:45 PM
Jack Daniels
WOW!

hmmm maybe the LHC (Large Hadron Collider) activation can help answer some those questions or destroy us...lol...promoting that issue again...lol...everyone google the LHC! you have 16 days left!! honestly I dont think time can stop or freeze unless maybe...ahhh I just dont know

I can't see straight will someone point me to the milkbar..?

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2008 12:55 PM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
chewbacca_47

I once paused time while I was on a bus. I focused on both ends of my peripheral vision and entered a meditative state that made the entire world freeze for a handful of seconds.

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2008 07:35 PM
chewbacca_47 is currently offline Click here to Send chewbacca_47 a Private Message Find more posts by chewbacca_47 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Originally posted by chewbacca_47
I once paused time while I was on a bus. I focused on both ends of my peripheral vision and entered a meditative state that made the entire world freeze for a handful of seconds.

hey i saw that happen on TV...was it star trek or charmed? oh by the way your answer may be coming in 12 days everyone google LHC large hadron collider!..lol

Old Post Jul 26th, 2008 10:08 AM
Jack Daniels is currently offline Click here to Send Jack Daniels a Private Message Find more posts by Jack Daniels Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grand-Moff-Gav

Why do you want people to google that?

Old Post Jul 27th, 2008 04:14 PM
AngryManatee
Sexy Ham Manwich

pause/freeze no. Slowing time down, though, is possible. Take speed.

You don't need good rear vision because you're always in front!

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 02:43 AM
AngryManatee is currently offline Click here to Send AngryManatee a Private Message Find more posts by AngryManatee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

Originally posted by Grand_Moff_Gav
Why do you want people to google that?

to find out there own info..not just listen to the drunk dude..lol...with my sig and avatar and username would you take me real serious?...lol...kinda why Im looking to change my sig a bit

Old Post Jul 28th, 2008 03:28 AM
cococryspies

You can't freeze time because time doesn't physically exist. Its just something we perceive.

I guess you could stop time in that you could pause the earth's rotation, which is our way of measure time. Like Superman making the earth rotate backwards. But that wouldn't actually make time pause or go backwards.

Old Post Aug 10th, 2008 03:17 AM
cococryspies is currently offline Click here to Send cococryspies a Private Message Find more posts by cococryspies Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jack Daniels
WOW!

I gotta rent superman 1 again ...been along time..lol

Old Post Aug 16th, 2008 06:52 AM