KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Games 'Versus' Forum » PSP vs. DS : Which Will Be Better?

PSP vs. DS : Which Will Be Better?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
DS 24 32.00%
PSP 44 58.67%
Too early to tell 7 9.33%
Neither 0 0%
Total: 75 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

PSP vs. DS : Which Will Be Better?
Started by: Draco69

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (26): « First ... « 24 25 [26]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Fanboys

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 03:42 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Who's a fanboy, I say what I like you can't prove it its your problem, I'm not biased and have neither system.

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 04:48 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

PSP advantages:
Better graphics.
Play movies.*
Play music.*
Play games at PSX quality.
Access internet.
Wireless gaming.
Pictures.

*There's a catch. The included memory stick has almost no space and it is a pain to get a new one. Plus, you have to pay for a new UMD (movies) for it if you don't want to use memory space.

DS advantages:
Much better for FPS', RPG's, and some other games.
Two screens. OMFG.
Touch screen has possibilities.
Also wireless gameplay.
More manageable screen.
Somewhat better battery life.
COST!

I probably missed a few things, but whatever. In short: here's how I see it. PSP is a multimedia platform. In a way, a fairly restricted computer. If you want a portable computer or just can't afford a real one, go with the PSP. If you just want a simple gaming system, go with the DS.

I choose the DS because I don't care much about having a portable computer. Plus, I can put all my music on a Creative Zen and be done with it. Well, not all but a lot of it.

This sig was brought to you buy CorderaMitchell and Piggle. Blame them.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:01 AM
RagnaViper is currently offline Click here to Send RagnaViper a Private Message Find more posts by RagnaViper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

just get an ipod and DS!

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:27 AM
WAF3001 is currently offline Click here to Send WAF3001 a Private Message Find more posts by WAF3001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

quote: (post)
Originally posted by WAF3001
just get an ipod and DS!

Not to be off topic, but iPods are overpriced. Get a Creative Zen instead.

Now, back on topic for all.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:33 AM
RagnaViper is currently offline Click here to Send RagnaViper a Private Message Find more posts by RagnaViper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

I have an ipod, so I really wouldn't need the PSP for that.
I also have a perfectly working gameboy so I don't need the DS either.....

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:35 AM
WAF3001 is currently offline Click here to Send WAF3001 a Private Message Find more posts by WAF3001 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyropsycho
The Burninator

PSP's main problem is the memory sticks cost too much. But reading 8-bit theatre comics on it is very nice.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:47 AM
Pyropsycho is currently offline Click here to Send Pyropsycho a Private Message Find more posts by Pyropsycho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RagnaViper
Spoon-based Destruction

Originally posted by Pyropsycho
PSP's main problem is the memory sticks cost too much. But reading 8-bit theatre comics on it is very nice.

I'm definitely not arguing on that.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 05:52 AM
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Originally posted by Smasandian
Good one.
Selling better means that on average, they sell more than PSP. The PSP isnt what you think it is, its not that great. I remember G4 Tech TV actually make fun of the PSP.
Did you relize that the DS is selling more units on average than the PSP?
Each month it sells over 20,000 units more than the PSP. Thats the important fact. Who cares if has been out earlier.

1.Earlier release
2.Price wise.. not everyone can afford PSP if they can get a DS for cheaper confused
3.Nintendo's handheld has been legend. The average handheld gamer are more "familiar" Nintendo brand handhelds.

Just give the PSP time.. its Sony's first release. It will take over just as the home entertainment system has.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:47 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WAF3001
Randomnosity

PSP 2 (if it ever happens) will be the best, cuz ppl will be used to sony portable games.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:54 AM
LeAtHerRFace
Founder Of Fight Club

Sony is just the dominant gaming co. in the world.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 06:55 AM
LeAtHerRFace is currently offline Click here to Send LeAtHerRFace a Private Message Find more posts by LeAtHerRFace Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by RagnaViper
PSP advantages:
Better graphics.
Play movies.*
Play music.*
Play games at PSX quality.
Access internet.
Wireless gaming.
Pictures.

*There's a catch. The included memory stick has almost no space and it is a pain to get a new one. Plus, you have to pay for a new UMD (movies) for it if you don't want to use memory space.

DS advantages:
Much better for FPS', RPG's, and some other games.
Two screens. OMFG.
Touch screen has possibilities.
Also wireless gameplay.
More manageable screen.
Somewhat better battery life.
COST!

I probably missed a few things, but whatever. In short: here's how I see it. PSP is a multimedia platform. In a way, a fairly restricted computer. If you want a portable computer or just can't afford a real one, go with the PSP. If you just want a simple gaming system, go with the DS.

I choose the DS because I don't care much about having a portable computer. Plus, I can put all my music on a Creative Zen and be done with it. Well, not all but a lot of it.

Psp has a better variety of games, and plays games somewhere betweeen ps1 and ps2, haven't you seen some of them, PSP is bettter for fighters and such, with its better button set up and more options, and it is best suited for people with larger hands.

The 2 screens for DS are near useless to be honest, and the stylus if okay, but more of a gimmick and a pain in the ass to use.

Regardless even though I don't like handhelds, I still know that PSP is the better machinery but expensive and isn't kid friendly, like the DS.

Have you seeen the movies, they're gorgeous!!!

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 11:39 AM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pyropsycho
The Burninator

The movies are excellant quality on the PSP. And don't forget that the PSP can use emulators to play ROMs. No need for your GBA anymore smile. But you can't forget that the DS can watch TV. I don't consider this a very big deal because I don't watch a lot of TV. But it would be really nice to watch adult swim with your DS.
PSP wins though because it holds almost all possible forms of entertainment.

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 02:22 PM
Pyropsycho is currently offline Click here to Send Pyropsycho a Private Message Find more posts by Pyropsycho Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Aqua team hunger force, DS style!!!!

You can illegally port other system games on the psp from what I've heard..................

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jun 30th, 2005 02:58 PM
ZomBiE_HunTER
To Serve

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 12:47 AM
ZomBiE_HunTER is currently offline Click here to Send ZomBiE_HunTER a Private Message Find more posts by ZomBiE_HunTER Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Of course its cheaper, but I don't follow the sheep..........

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 01:03 AM