KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Role Playing » Star Wars: Role Playing » USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Episode I (Light and Dark) Post-Script

USH'S STAR WARS GAME- Episode I (Light and Dark) Post-Script
Started by: Ushgarak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

quote:
Originally posted by Dexx
or..buy blade tricks.

however..where is the light side xp listed confused
been looking all over

Whatever,
I'll sort it out when im less tired...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:15 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

I think Marcus is finished (banking XP) except maybe having a quick look at the new sabre trick

*read it: sounds cool it's on my TO GET LIST, right after sabrescore 16 and lvl3 of Sabremaster*

Be smart, be cool, be sexy = be LIBERAL!

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:17 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Long term goals fire?

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:20 PM
Tptmanno1 is currently offline Click here to Send Tptmanno1 a Private Message Find more posts by Tptmanno1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

yep TpT but after next episode (with a bit of luck) I'll have my last 10 xp I need to up my sabre score and then I can keep saving for the blade tricks (sabremaster being a ***** ass expensive one tho)

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:24 PM
Fire is currently offline Click here to Send Fire a Private Message Find more posts by Fire Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tptmanno1
Life Ponder-er

Cool....
Yea I can't buy anything this time around, I think I have 10 total...

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:29 PM
Fire

15 so far, but I lost my post with my redone character I think it was in the main rules thread which got cleared out I think :s sad

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:40 PM
Fire

nvm my bad

Old Post Jan 2nd, 2005 11:47 PM
Spidervlad
Renegade of Funk

...Ush... My char in Mark 2 Archival Records is completely fine... I'l just buy one of those fancy Sabre Master TRicks next time I get more XP, cuz I 6 aint enouhg... Im storing it.

Made by Me! Click here to see my work or request a sig!

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 02:26 AM
Spidervlad is currently offline Click here to Send Spidervlad a Private Message Find more posts by Spidervlad Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Damn straight I can get scary...and hey, it works, doesn't it? big grin

Where is that "amusing" note about that harvester bit, anyway? And for the record, I have to say that part simply sucked, and that I hated it.

Hmm...now what to do with my XP....I'm considering saving up to eventually upgrade my saber score...

No problem, JP!

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 04:09 AM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Fire

Red you looked at sabre master right, it costs tons and only starts to work decent after lvl3 (which is 6 tricks)

and you need sabre score 14 for it

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 08:51 AM
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

Ok, yes, the Harvester bit deserves an answer. Basically, it was an in-joke for me.

There is an Acolyte in our game named Scrace who has a notoriouslly... 'dodgy' career, played by the most amusing of players. Scrace attempted to seduce Krisha on Jaglon Beta, killed an innocent man in his attempt to prove to her that he was actually a Dark Sider, got her killed by Kuylen when their plotting was revealed, whom he then bravely ran away from...

He went on to be out-forced by Ascar, comprehensively prevented from doing anything at all by Nebb, and came within an ace of losing an arm to Kuylen at Zeiton, and then after being thrashed by Balek at Neimoida, taught his Padawan the way of the screaming fear-obsessed coward, though only after teaching him that you should try and defraud the Neimodian authorities using the Mind Trick ("But I am trying to save the Republic money!"). Sadly due to the moving away of his player, he finally met his nemesis at the end of Episode III of the second campaign, and pretty bad news it was too when it happened; He'll be much missed and any guest appearances he makes in future will be welcomed, but as to which side of the Force he'll be on by then, we don't know. But anyone whose presence caused Swordsman Kumar to give the standing order to his Padawan Sunda "If you have any doubts about Scrace, kill him; he's virtually a Dark Sider anyway" HAS to be worth having in a game.

Anyway. As I have intimated, there is always an attempt made to write people's backgrounds and Merits into the game as best we can. However, Scrace's player, right from the very start, over four years ago, took a Contact with the "Omni-consumer tractor factory." Try as he might, my brother has never ever been able to write his tractor contacts into the game on any meaningful level, which over the years has become a source of amusement for the rest of us, as we try and figure out when it could possibly be useful, leading to us constructing a theoretical plotline of the Sith trying to subvert the Republic's agricultural policy with a stealth takeover of all tractor companies with their own Sith Tractor device. The references to 'Sith Tractors' by the players were pretty regular.

Now, whether by coincidence or design, in Episode III of the second campaign, just about everything all the players saw (and there are three plotlines in that game, which this time aren't linked because Episode I did that trick already) seemed to point towards the likelihood of the common link being tractors. Obviously this weas nonsense, but we had an incredible amount of fun extending that beyond all logic. As Kumar was clearly investigating something incredibly dangerous, we formulated the idea that the bad guy in question (due to several reasons that actually formed a genuinely coherent argument) was some form of Tractor God. At which point, we had the comment "Do you think it was a Sith Tractor God?"

(pause)

"AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! Sith Tractors! Run awayyyyy!"

Anyway, awash with visions of the dark legions of Sith Tractors running across the landscape, we put together an idea of what the dark Sith Tractor God, their leade,r looked like. Basically a black tractor, of course, but with a large exhaust pipe at the top through which he could speak in clouds of exhaust, saying HA HA HA NOW YOU DIE JEDI or words to that effect, and eventually we decided that he had combination blades at the front made out of Lightsabres designed to eliminate Jedi.

He was nicknamed, inevitably, Darth Combine. We haven't found him yet but we are sure that he and his army of Sith tractors are out there somewhere.

Anyway, when Richard wrote the prequel storyline for you guys, he threw in an enormous combine harvester as a bad guy, and in the notes for me called it Darth Combine, purely as an amusement. So the evil Sith Tractor God is finally revealed! Err, as a guest star in your game, anyway. Of a sorts. If it was not for those Omni-Consumer Tractor company contacts, that whole bit would never have happened...

So yeah, that's why that was there!

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 11:17 AM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dexx
wingless

laughing out loud..funny

scrace sounds like the most enjoyable character.
i would very much like it if the game would take drama-like turns in events. lighties going dark....darkies going against each other...but in an intelligent way. not hacking eachother. but using corruption...and the like
evil face stick out tongue
bleh..the bureau would probably kill us anyway

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 12:53 PM
Dexx is currently offline Click here to Send Dexx a Private Message Find more posts by Dexx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Peach
mordrem

Haha!!! Nice.....evil tractors....

under the pale tree - my [email protected]

I can hear the call of the dragon...

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 01:47 PM
Peach is currently offline Click here to Send Peach a Private Message Find more posts by Peach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ushgarak
Paladin

Co-Admin

It can happen, Dexx- we just need enough continuity. We're staritng to ease into that sort of game environment.

"We've got maybe seconds before Darth Rosenberg grinds everybody into Jawa burgers and not one of you buds has the midi-chlorians to stop her!"

"You've never had any TINY bit of sex, have you?"

BtVS

Old Post Jan 3rd, 2005 01:54 PM
Ushgarak is currently offline Click here to Send Ushgarak a Private Message Find more posts by Ushgarak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote