KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)

Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)
Started by: V@LL3jOk!D707

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (680): « First ... « 469 470 [471] 472 473 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

"IT" Part 1

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 12:40 PM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Sm homecoming

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Jul 15th, 2017 02:47 PM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Theater: War for the Planet of the Apes

thumb up thumb up

Two thumbs way up.

Old Post Jul 16th, 2017 04:08 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Spider Man homecoming
9/10
A wonderful movie and the best Spider Man movie.
No doubt it will be on my top 10 list of best movies of 2017.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: My biggest complaint is Shocker isn't shown much including never in his costume so why the hell show photos of him in his costume.
Also because the Vulture and his syndicate can't remain off the radar because Shocker is using the blaster in public places. So not surprising he's killed by Adrian using a advanced weapon.
Shocker would have been a formidable adversary for Spider Man to defeat since it would be challenging to get close.

Wisecracks by Spider-Man which he is known for. Also Ned Peter's best friend plus comic relief proves useful multiple times including when needed most which is great.
Super heroes are the stars but that doesn't mean supporting characters shouldn't get the opportunity to be shown as useful.

Dejavu of Harry Potter or The Wonder Years because Peter, Liz, Ned, Flash, and all other high school teenager students are believable as teenagers not just visibly but also actions with not thinking of the consequences.
A topnotch surprise that Adrian is the father of Liz on Prom Night, and he drives to the prom finding out from what is said Peter is Spider Man.
Also Liz is on the debate team so she can't be criticized as she is only Peter's love interest or crush.
Adrian makes the outright threat to Peter to not interfere with his buisness or he'll kill his family and him.
Spider Man defeats the Vulture except since it was on Prom Night Peter had to ditch Liz, plus she found out that her dad is the Vulture the leader of the syndicate which is double the devastation.

Tony Stark underestimates him because he is a teenager plus has 0 experience fighting super villains which is why he tells him he should fight ordinary foes before he works his way up to the major league which is fighting super villains. That is why Spider Man is a underdog.

A terrific climax with Spider Man wearing his replacement costume fighting the Vulture that has the huge advantage because he has a technology costume including detachable wings that can cut like claws including heavy stuff.
That's why Spider Man defeating a ruthless formidable foe the Vulture is phenomenal. Also a obvious homage from a Spider Man mainstream comic book having to stand and lift debris after a building was wrecked by the Vulture.
Spider Man proves to be valiant and excellent.

With what is shown including Spider Man screaming for help before standing and lifting it's obvious it's 1 of the hardest obstacles Spider Man had to overcome in a movie. That's why it's a phenomenal scene.

A show don't tell for why Adrian becomes the super villain the Vulture plus his crew a syndicate. The Vulture is a understandable super villain but still is a unsympathetic super villain which is great because SpiderMan movies haven't had much unsympathetic super villains and neither has the mcu movies.
A topnotch performance by Michael Keaton as the ruthless super villain the Vulture.
This Vulture is a classic Villain doing the wrong things for the right reasons, and he uses the typical speech to persuade the hero why he's not the bad guy and his motive for him to understand so Spider Man will stop fighting him.

A terrific cameo by Stan Lee as a angry man.
A priceless scene after credits, a interruption of credits scene with foreshadowing for the sequel including Mac has a tattoo on his neck of a Scorpion. Possibly the Vulture could be creator of the Sinister 6 instead of Doctor Octopus which I wouldn't be complaining about because he's a proven competent Leader.

I already believed he would become Scorpion because his name is said Mac before the movie ended.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Jul 16th, 2017 07:14 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

The Wolf of Wall Street (2013)

I shouldn't have waited this long to see it. F#cking hilarious and brilliant.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 02:05 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Going in Style (2017) 6/10.

Great actors, predictable story, underwhelming director. Perfect for a Sunday afternoon, because you can fall asleep watching it without a worry since you won't care about missing anything.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2017 09:34 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Spider-Man: Homecoming

8/10

Old Post Jul 18th, 2017 05:30 AM
Kazenji is online now! Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Baby Driver

8.5/10

Old Post Jul 20th, 2017 07:04 AM
Siege
Born In The Wrong Century

Dunkirk (2017)

10/10

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 06:18 AM
Siege is currently offline Click here to Send Siege a Private Message Find more posts by Siege Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

theater: Dunkirk

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 21st, 2017 09:29 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Arlington Road
Valerian and the City of 1000 Planets
Straw Dogs (1971)

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2017 04:40 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

Shocker
9/10

A underrated great supernatural horror slasher action movie. It does have obvious similarities to A Nightmare on Elm street which Wes Craven admits, and Craven wanted to create a horror movie series that he had creative control of.
Likely seen as a ripoff of a nightmare on elm street it failed at the box office.

From start to finish a great exciting fast paced movie, no filter scenes, a likable hero Jonathan a college football player plus other likable characters including his girlfriend, the Football coach, his dad a plainclothes Cop, his friends mostly football players, etc.
Not contrived that Jonathan has a connection to the remorseless brutal murdrrer Horace Pinker. Not shown or said how exactly Horace becomes a supernatural person that can possess bodies, plus travel in stuff that has electrity.
I'm guessing Horace sold his soul to the Devil to become a supernatural person.
Terrific special effects with the human ghost, possibly same stuff for blood as a nightmare on elm street which is utterly real looking, decent dialogue and memorable lines, great soundtrack that fits the scenes, and a magnificent bastard villain Horace Pinker.
You hate him but the same as Freddy Krueger you still want see him because he's a magnificent bastard villain. A great soundtrack with songs that fit the scenes.

A exciting great climax that may be 1 of a kind that has Horace and Jonathan traveling into different channels which gets talked about by a anchor at a typical news room then suddenly they appear in the News room he's shocked, and they travel to another channel.

The anchor asks I think holy crap did you get that. It reminds me of Robocop funny and serious at the same time.
It's obvious with the ending Wes Craven wanted sequels.

Zombeavers
6/10
My 1 complaint is it's 71 minutes long not including the credits, plus a sequel bait scene. I wanted it to be 100 minutes or higher so more deaths of Zombeavers, plus possible other funny lines and scenes.

A decent horror comedy zombies movie which is in the Woods.
Either they made the beavers awful looking or it was the result of not having a high budget for animatronic beavers.

Believable likable characters and unlikable characters, a show don't tell origin for the beavers that are altered into zombies, funny lines and scenes some predictable for lines but still funny, and hot garbage looking zombeavers, and decent deaths.

47 Meters Down
9/10
The same as The Fugitive it is a literal movie title, and a perfect title since that's what the movie involves.
My 2 complaints are to much shown in the trailer movie trailers generally need to stop showing so much, and under 100 minutes I wanted over 100 minutes so more sharks shown plus maybe they decide stop waiting and move or break the cage.

A plausible reason why the worst case scenario happens, believable likable characters including 1 doesn't want to dive after seeing great white sharks in the water. The main 2 characters are likable, the other characters including the boat captain is likable, great locations including the beach and ocean, unfiltered violence, terrific looking great white sharks, and a exciting climax.
With what is said about a problem the hallucination isn't empty because shown is a hallucination.

A great horror adventures worst case scenario sharks attack movie.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Jul 23rd, 2017 01:03 AM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
Zombeavers
6/10
My 1 complaint is it's 71 minutes long not including the credits, plus a sequel bait scene. I wanted it to be 100 minutes or higher so more deaths of Zombeavers, plus possible other funny lines and scenes.

A decent horror comedy zombies movie which is in the Woods.
Either they made the beavers awful looking or it was the result of not having a high budget for animatronic beavers.

Believable likable characters and unlikable characters, a show don't tell origin for the beavers that are altered into zombies, funny lines and scenes some predictable for lines but still funny, and hot garbage looking zombeavers, and decent deaths.

6/10, huh? haha... I've seen that it's on Netflix and have threatened my wife with it... laughing out loud

Originally posted by TheOneFirestorm
47 Meters Down
9/10
The same as The Fugitive it is a literal movie title, and a perfect title since that's what the movie involves.
My 2 complaints are to much shown in the trailer movie trailers generally need to stop showing so much, and under 100 minutes I wanted over 100 minutes so more sharks shown plus maybe they decide stop waiting and move or break the cage.

A plausible reason why the worst case scenario happens, believable likable characters including 1 doesn't want to dive after seeing great white sharks in the water. The main 2 characters are likable, the other characters including the boat captain is likable, great locations including the beach and ocean, unfiltered violence, terrific looking great white sharks, and a exciting climax.
With what is said about a problem the hallucination isn't empty because shown is a hallucination.

A great horror adventures worst case scenario sharks attack movie.

I'm a sucker for shark flicks, so I want to see it.

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 03:48 PM
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Quest For Fire (1981)
La guerre du feu (original title)

Actually a really awesome little film. No comprehensible dialogue (because they are Cro-Magnon), but still extremely engaging and well done. Quite an achievement honestly. And Ron Perlman has never been better cast, except maybe as Hellboy. He has a very unfortunate face with its protruding muzzle. He looks very primitive.. haha. Awesome movie. Highly recommended.

(please log in to view the image)

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (2017)

I really liked it, though admittedly it's not without its flaws. I'm sad that stuff like it will never really be financially successful. Good, big budget sci-fi is becoming a rare thing. sad

Old Post Jul 25th, 2017 03:54 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

^ Valerian has a chance to make the dough in China, It has some guy called Kris Wu in the movie and he's suppose to be popular in China.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 01:47 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword (2017). I REALLY enjoyed this. Unconventional story-telling, lots of action and humour, good actors, fantastic soundtrack. The special effects do get a little bit distracting but this was the first time in a while that I sat at the end of a 2-hour movie and wished it was longer. 8/10.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 09:01 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

Saw 4/5
Blue Ruin
The Fury
Badlands

I liked them all

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Jul 26th, 2017 09:30 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
Ungod

Originally posted by Kazenji
^ Valerian has a chance to make the dough in China, It has some guy called Kris Wu in the movie and he's suppose to be popular in China.

You're right. He was in xXx: Return of Xander Cage and that made an obscene amount of money in China ($164 million!). Cool, so there's hope...

Old Post Jul 27th, 2017 02:16 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

theater: Atomic Blonde

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Jul 28th, 2017 10:08 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

War for the Planet of the Apes.

Old Post Aug 1st, 2017 05:39 AM