KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)

Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)
Started by: V@LL3jOk!D707

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (681): « First ... « 471 472 [473] 474 475 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Patient_Leech
System Failure

quote: (post)
Originally posted by carthage
I kinda lost track at the part where they were in the shack and he was going into the pictures of her thesis, and after that I just kind if half paid attention. It had some great lines, the two actors had terrific chemistry, but it kind of took a while to get going for me. I didn't finish it either I stopped it right around after she had cut his cock off and pulled him out of that hole. It was definitely a good film though but like The Abyss I just never finished it
Really? It didn't hold your attention?

I found it quite mesmerizing and quite disturbing. I haven't had to cover the screen and look away during many films (probably not any other films). But this one did it for me.

Old Post Aug 15th, 2017 06:27 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Watched two great comedies: Batman and Harley Quinn (2017) and Baywatch (2017).

Batman and Harley Quinn was the most insanely funny Batman movie I've ever seen, and that includes Lego Batman. When it started it reminded me of the old Pink Panther movies with Peter Sellers, and after about half an hour I realised this movie was DEFINITELY not aimed at children. Lots of adult humour and great homage to the 60's Batman starring Adam West. 7/10 for great comedy, though the art was a bit disappointing.

Baywatch is ridiculous, stupid, silly and laugh-out-loud funny. The great thing is nobody in the movie takes themselves seriously and neither should you. They make fun of everything, even the original TV series but they do so with no malice and always tongue-in-cheek. Plus - lots of hot bodies in skimpy swimsuits. Aaaah, and the slow motion running... 11/10 for comedy, though overall a 7/10 since besides humour there's not much of a story.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Aug 16th, 2017 08:19 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
John Mathew

Watched the boss baby 2.
Great movie indeed.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:35 AM
John Mathew is currently offline Click here to Send John Mathew a Private Message Find more posts by John Mathew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

The Dark Tower.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 06:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Lucy (2014)

I like the idea of the film, but I really think the script should have been reworked to make it a tad bit more scientifically tenable.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 10:50 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Lucy (2014)

I like the idea of the film, but I really think the script should have been reworked to make it a tad bit more scientifically tenable.

I enjoyed it but I was really expecting more WOW when it came to the action & violence.

It was pretty tame compared to Leon or Nikita.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 01:51 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I can see that, too. I think the film was better before it started getting so wacky and transforming her and everything. They could have just made things visions so as to keep it grounded a bit more. Opportunity sort of wasted. It's a shame because the direction is really good and Scar Jo is really good in it.

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 02:28 PM
Flyattractor

(please log in to view the image)

Gawd I miss the Awesome NON PC -ness that was The 80's!

Old Post Aug 17th, 2017 05:34 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ Looks pretty PC to me. It's giving equal time to a black guy, a jew, and a woman.

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 10:41 PM
Nuke Nixon
One Shot, One Kill

The Dark Tower. Not impressed.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 02:36 AM
Nuke Nixon is currently offline Click here to Send Nuke Nixon a Private Message Find more posts by Nuke Nixon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

End of Watch
Alien Covenant

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 02:41 AM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Machete (2010)

I had forgotten how entertainingly amusing it is. Need to see Kills.

It Follows (2014)

Finally got around to seeing this. I liked it. Very well done little horror/thriller flick.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 03:42 PM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Logan Lucky.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 12:09 PM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

The Mummy - Really not very good, but should have been.
Fast and Furious 8 - They have those movies down to a science. Entertaining in general.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 12:55 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Kazenji
Logan Lucky.

How was that? It looks funny..

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 02:24 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I watched "Jacob's Ladder" again.

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 03:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

The Hunted
Death Sentence
Cop Car
Leon the Professional

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Aug 22nd, 2017 05:10 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Machete (2010)

I had forgotten how entertainingly amusing it is. Need to see Kills.

Did you ever see the deleted scenes?

Santana (Jessica Alba) had an evil twin sister who basically turns up just to have a sex scene with Machete (who thinks it's Santana...) & then gets conveniently killed off (by the cartel...who thinks it's Santana).

Basically it was an excuse to have a sex scene between Trejo & Alba without ruining Santana's integrity.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 12:32 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Did you ever see the deleted scenes?

Santana (Jessica Alba) had an evil twin sister who basically turns up just to have a sex scene with Machete (who thinks it's Santana...) & then gets conveniently killed off (by the cartel...who thinks it's Santana).

Basically it was an excuse to have a sex scene between Trejo & Alba without ruining Santana's integrity.

Haha.. no, I didn't see that. I'll have to pop the Blu-ray back in!

That sexy Trejo. laughing out loud

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Patient_Leech on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 12:52 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 12:48 PM
TheOneFirestorm

The Dark Tower
10/10

It's a unforgettable wonderful movie with likable characters.

Cons: Roland a white man resembles Clint Eastwood in his prime for Western movies changed to a black man for the movie was either for the sake of Change, or because they can both are dumb nonsensical reasons.
Depict the characters right or don't depict them at all.

The bad blood feud Walter and Roland was not elaborated whether told or shown.

Likely not sarcastic Old Friend is what Walter calls Roland for the same scene he killed Roland's dad.
Also not shown or said why exactly Walter becomes a Nefarious Sorcerer and a devoted servant of the Outer Dark.

Pros: Great acting for the whole cast including Mccounaughey hits a home run.
Terrific looking monsters so you can take them seriously.
The Man in Black aka Walter is a Magnificent Bastard Villain including the feat of catching a bullet behind hin while walking away from Roland the Gunslinger.
Also his Army that are monsters are used mostly in the climax that try to prevent Roland from using the portal by killing him.
Wonderful action scenes that includes the Climax.
Likable characters Jake and Roland so you are rooting for them to defeat Walter and his army to prevent the Apocalypse.
Excellent Environments including the Foggy Forest.

A terrific ending of Roland and Jake leaving NYC to travel to another dimension to fight Demons and monsters.

Character development: Roland was unlikable but still sympathetic and understandable.
He is a man that wanted Vengeance after Walter killed his dad, and his objective or goal to kill Walter. He doesn't want Anyone traveling with him because it's another person that Walter could kill creating more grief and heartbreak for Roland.
Roland was a Pessimist antihero with a objective he accepts the Dark Tower is going to be destroyed by Demons or monsters but before that he will accomplish his revenge by killing Walter.
Jake is able to persuade him that by destroying the device Walter and his army can't use that device to destroy Earth or other worlds, and just because his world was destroyed doesn't mean his world has to be destroyed the Earth.
Roland changes to a common hero that has the goals to kill Walter the main Villain, destroy the device so the Apocalypse on Earth doesn't happen which would save the Earth. So he's still a gray area character not a pure of heart hero.

Great Foreshadowing
Hail the Crimson King is shown inside a house so it's obvious the Crimson King will be the main Villain fir the sequel and likely sequels.

Unforgettable Wonderful exciting Climax: Jake is able to prevent the Portal from opening using his psychic powers, also Roland fights Walter with Walter using his telekinesis to move glass, and rocks plus other stuff toward Roland that is shooting him.
Walter does cause a wall to fall on him plus pierce his hand with glass. Roland proving to be valiant and tenacious removes the glass shoots a bullet toward Walter but also a bullet that bounces off a wall that Walter can't catch which kills him because he was occupied with the ordinary shot bullet.
Never stop fighting till the fight is done which is exactly what The Gunslinger Roland did.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Aug 26th, 2017 05:46 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote