KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)

Last Movie You Saw? (Theater/Home)
Started by: V@LL3jOk!D707

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (681): « First ... « 492 493 [494] 495 496 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Kazenji
I've heard some of the character's are similar to the ones from the recent Promethus & Alien Covenant, They're the best in their field and yet they do stupid things.

Pretty much. From what I understand it makes more sense if you read the books since the motivation for their decisions are explored in more detail, but in the context of the movie I couldn't really follow their logic.

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 06:28 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Esau Cairn
Contagious

Originally posted by Dreampanther
Annihilation (2018) 6/10.

I found it visually mesmerising.
Didn't like the artsy ending.
I seriously thought Jennifer Jason Leigh had a stand out performance.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:24 PM
Esau Cairn is currently offline Click here to Send Esau Cairn a Private Message Find more posts by Esau Cairn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carthage
PLEASE PROTECT ME STONES

I loved it the ending was beautiful and the visuals and metaphors weeenwell done done to me.

Best film of the year so far for me

"Happiness is a lie. Life is horror. The light is always dying all across the universe. The last star will flicker out someday, when it does, all that remains is shadow. And I will be its king!"'-Amahl Farouk

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:46 PM
carthage is currently offline Click here to Send carthage a Private Message Find more posts by carthage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

You know there is a thread for Annihilation, lol, so many of you chiming in.

Yeah, it's obviously intentionally puzzling, but it might actually make it better for repeated viewings. I plan to watch another time or two at least.

Old Post Mar 16th, 2018 12:59 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Jumanji. Watched it with my wife and kids. Pretty funny imo. I like that they went a different direction so you don't have to completely compare it to the Robin Williams version.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 04:50 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Blade 2.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 05:27 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

^ Good movie. I wish Donnie Yen had been able to showcase more of his skills in the movie though.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 05:44 AM
socool8520 is currently offline Click here to Send socool8520 a Private Message Find more posts by socool8520 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by socool8520
^ Good movie. I wish Donnie Yen had been able to showcase more of his skills in the movie though.

Had a look at the review scores it got when it was originally released. Should've gotten higher scores then what it did.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 05:51 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
socool8520
Life's a garden, Dig it

Comic movies were not doing well if iirc.

Old Post Mar 18th, 2018 06:15 AM
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Pacific Rim 2

7/10

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 03:01 AM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Pacific Rim 2

7/10

I'm looking forward to this!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 22nd, 2018 05:09 AM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

Pacific Rim 2

7/10

Did it have more action than the first?

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 03:57 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Did it have more action than the first?

erm

What do you mean had more action, Did you even have your eyes open while watching the first one?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2018 05:33 AM
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

erm

What do you mean had more action, Did you even have your eyes open while watching the first one?

No need to be cunty. The human aspect of the first movie sucked, and if there's more of that, I'll pass, less, I'll check it out.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 12:45 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Well the first film was also one of those types you either liked it or you didn't

I fall in the I liked it category.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 02:12 AM
TheOneFirestorm

(2018) Winchester
5/10
A haunted house horror movie that had the potential to be a great horror movie and instead is a common cliche horror movie.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]:
The predictable jump scares are used the kind that is unscary stuff, Erik the psychiatrist it's brought up late his wife was killed which should have been said early in the movie so he would be a sympathetic character for most of the movie because his intro makes him a unlikable character, and the whole anti guns message is thrown out because Erik solves the problem of the ghost by killing the ghost using a gun.

(2017) The Phantom Thread
9/10
A terrific drama romance movie.

Daniel Day Lewis is Reynolds a famous fashion designer shown designs dresses. He does draw Dresses that's why I call him a artist, and logical that he views himself as a Artist.
Problems are shown in his life that creates the drama.
Reynolds is a serious artist that is constantly working, and if anything of his routine is disrupted his day is lost which does create the problems for Alma.

A Great final movie for the Great actor Daniel Day Lewis.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: This is why Alma made dinner to have with him.
She is constantly with him but since he is constantly working she feels unconnected to him. She becomes a employee that works for him.

Alma wants to have reciprocity for him to love her the same way she loves him.

Realistic Romance with the exception of Alma that poisoned Reynolds.
Reynolds and Alma have problems before they get married, and after they are married. The rainy and sunny days are both shown.

Logical why Reynolds views himself as a artist because he does draw dresses.

It is the final movie for actor Daniel Day Lewis and since it is a terrific movie is best for Daniel Day Lewis's final movie.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 10:42 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheOneFirestorm

(2018) Black Panther
8/10

A great science fiction drama movie that is a simple story with complex characters ,a simple Black Hat Villain, Black Panther (Tchalla) the Main Hero is a Simple Hero a good man with a good heart which is why he's a likable hero, other good characters are also likable, and the main Villain is a Well Intentioned Extremist, variety for locations and a Impressive Futuristic Country Wakanda that is highly or greatly advanced.

It is a multiple POV Story involving the Main Hero Black Panther and the Main Villain Killmonger , both sides of the argument shown why Wakanda should or shouldn't help countries using their advanced technology, exciting great climax, 1 great after credits scene and a great interruption of Credits scene.
Since it is a Multiple POV movie you'll understand Killmonger including his motive but still likely won't agree that his methods to accomplish his good goal is just or right when other not messy ways can be used.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Cons
Klaw a major super villain of Black Panther is killed early in the movie. He has a sonic blaster arm canon that is powerful enough to destroy a car, a table, etc.
I wanted to see him in most of the movie, and even if he is ressurected in Avengers Infinity War it's still a dumb decision that he is killed early in the Black Panther Movie.
Killmonger wears a Black Panther suit once in the climax. I wanted to see him use the suit in more than just the climax.

Mbakua is never called his Alter Ego Man Ape, and his Ape costume is incomplete because only his face is visible for the mainstream continuity version while movie has him wear fur on his legs, arms, and a chest plane hints at a Gorilla.
I understand why these changes but still hate the changes.

When using character either use the character with the alter ego name said by characters, along with the costume being the exact same or complete and mostly the same or don't use the character.

Pros

Outsiders know that Wakanda is a underdeveloped third world country a lie which is why Wakanda has been able to thrive, avoid 2 World Wars, and other issues while the USA, Germany and other countries haven't
Great action which includes Black Panther chasing Klaw in South Korea, also rips off a tire, and suit is bulletproof, and he was laying on a grenade exploded no damage to him.

The Ritual fights which is if the challenger wins that person becomes the King of Wakanda.
A herb removes superhuman abilities to make it a fair fight.
In a great fight TChalla almost is unconscious fighting MBaku, and is able to defeat him by using a wrist lock with Mbaku submitting.
A decent fight Killmonger fighting TChalla and it becomes a embarrassment with Killmonger not sweat defeats him and throws him over a waterfall.
It's not surprising he survived.

A great show and tell how Wakanda became a country, how Wakanda got vibranium, how a person gains superhuman abilities as the Black Panther that involves drinking a heart shaped herb, and how Wakanda became a highly advanced Country.

Shuri is a brilliant inventor that invented the Black Panther suits that can absorb kinetic energy and release it as a explosion. She does use vibranium sonic blasts that were effective vs Killmonger except he still is able to destroy the sonic blasters. She is Tchalla's sister, and is able to get a herb to heal his brother before all the herbs are destroyed because Killmonger ordered all herbs to be destroyed.

CIA Agent Ross that was in the Air Force shows off those skills while flying a Jet because he does shoot Wakanda Jets to prevent persons from giving Wakanda weapons to oppressed persons. He also did sacrifice himself to protect Nakia.
Wakanda technology easily healed the bullet wounds.
Tchalla wants to help other countries but not with violence which is Killmonger's solution.
MBaku is altered to a ally not a super villain because he did move a comatose Tchalla out of a waterfall and put him under ice so he would survive since He did owe him a debt Tchalla sparing his life in the ritual combat. Also him and his Tribe do fight in the climax to help Black Panther and others defeat WKabi's army.

All are likable unique characters.

Impressive special effects with Tchalla putting on what looks like shoes only the bottom of shoes and the rest appears.
Also Wakanda technology able to project cars, Jets, etc being used in a location while in another location.
Somehow a person can quickly alter to a Black Panther suit.
Also bright lights when Black Panther absorbs kinetic energy shown on his costume.

Terrific breathtaking locations
Wakanda has high buildings including multiple Skyscrapers. It seems similar to Chicago in I Robot no ghetto or slums also the advanced transportation because of trains moving at a great speed.
Agent Ross comments he's never seen trains this efficient.
The Waterfalls where the ritual combat is beautiful and great.
The mountains have a high amount of snow also wind.

While in the Ancestoral Plane Tchaka tells Tchalla he is a good man with a good character. We see a flashback from Captain America Civil War showing how he died which is showing continuity and informing persons how he died if persons didn't see Captain America Civil War.

That is telling with but not a flaw because it is shown in the movie. Tchalla defeating Mbaku in ritual combat persuades him to submit rather than die.
After Klaw is extracted Black Panther decides not to pursue him instead Take Agent Ross to Wakanda so he can be healed, and won't die which happens.
He knows that Agent Ross sacraficed himself to protect Nakia and isn't persuaded to leave a wounded man that choose to sacrifice himself.
He does ask Mbaku for help to defeat Killmonger and his army which he declines because of past Wakanda Kings that haven't asked for his help.
He and his Tribe got involved no doubt after knowing it is what is right after being told of Killmonger's goal, and most likely he is happy that Tchalla is a different Wakanda King since he asked him for his help.
He does offer Killmonger a opportunity to be healed but Killmonger not wanting the bondage of Incarceration chooses to remove the knife and die a free man.
Also he does bring Killmonger after Black Panther defeated him in the climax to the surface to see the sunrise in Wakanda which is what Killmonger wanted.
The no hostility with the protagonist and antagonist after the climax seems dejavu Star Wars Return of the Jedi with Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader.
He talks about Wakanda in a post credits scene Wakanda will be sharing it's technology with other Countries and The true nature of Wakanda.
The outreach center created by TChalla in Oakland that will be run by Nakia and Shuri.

Both sides of the argument shown for why Wakanda should get involved helping other countries and why they haven't including the technology they used could be used for evil.

Great clothes for the Wakandans, and if it's recognizable African clothes I assume because Wakanda is a combination of African cultures.

Killmonger (Erik Stevens) is sympathetic when he is a kid because he was abandoned, his dad was killed, and had to grow up in 90s Oakland no doubt experiencing prejudices.
Not a sympathetic super villain You don't agree with his methods to accomplish his good goal but still understand him which makes him a great character and a great complex super villain.
His goal is give the oppressed persons Wakanda weapons so they can fight back and won't be oppressed. He is a Well Intentioned Extremist that seems dejavu of Baron Zemo and Magneto.

NJobu his dad did assist Klaw by stealing vibranium from Wakanda and had the goal to sell the Wakanda weapons to oppressed persons so they could fight back and Wakanda could become a Empire.

The good characters have done bad or terrible things showing the duality nature style characters which Marvel is known for both Villains and Heroes.

Zuri a undercover tells TChaka that that NJobu has been helping Klaw bu stealing vibranium from Wakanda.
NJobu doesn't want to be judged by the Wakanda council which is why he attacks Zuri that forces TChaka to kill him.
Also TChaka ordered Zuri to lie that NJobu disappeared and left behind his American son Erik. Erik is not a full blooded Wakandan because his mother is American.
TChalla had to confront Zuri to hear the truth about NJobu, and is told NJobu plan was share Wakanda technology with people that are African Descent so they could conquer their oppressors. Also since Erik isn't a full blooded Wakandan he is abandoned not brought to Wakanda.

Foreshadowing Bucky Barnes is called White Wolf shown in a after credits scene.

Exciting Great Climax
Killmonger using a Black Panther suit fights Wakanda Body Guards, the Wakanda Body Guards fight WKabi and his army, also Mbaku and the Jabari get involved to fight WKabi and his army, Black Panther wrecks a Wakanda Jet, Black Panther fighting the Evil Black Panther Killmonger on Wakanda ground, and on train tracks with Black Panther able to stab him with a knife because his suit is disrupted.
Okoye has the advantage vs WKabi that would kill him for her Country after asking her that direct question he sees the futility and no doubt not wanting to die WKabi shows the surrender action by Standing down along with his army.

Elliot Ness from the Terrific Action Crime Drama Mob Movie The Untouchables

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 09:02 PM
TheOneFirestorm is currently offline Click here to Send TheOneFirestorm a Private Message Find more posts by TheOneFirestorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Pacific Rim 2

Was ok for what it was 6.5

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 09:30 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Ready Player One.

Old Post Mar 29th, 2018 06:29 AM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Freddy vs Jason (2003)

Campy and terrible, but surprisingly entertaining. It kind of makes me want to watch more of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies. So I might do that..

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 11:04 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote